PVP Full Loot and the PKing experience!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greed., Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

Depends on what type of PvE mob your talking about. A WoW boss is hard without your 40 man team and proper Dark Souls mobs is harder then the mediocre PvP player but that's about it.

A proper PvE mob as i see them have a setup of attacks and defends and when you know them it is rinse and repeat. No surprices anywhere.

A mediocre PvP player wont play the same way every time and even if he isn't that good he is unpredictable in a way a mob isnt.

It is just amazing how some on these forums dont understand the difference btw PvE mobs and PvP players. Sure AI can be made impossible to defeat but that isnt the standard MMO mob out there.

Even more amazing is that some don't under stand that doing PvP/PvE same time is harder then just doing PvE if PvE is exactly the same.

KingPramus and blaquerogue like this.
  2. Ara

Ara Avatar

If you come unprepared and without any skills in PvP then you will die, yes.

The PvP players got their well deserved reward cause it was their turf and they had put alot of effort in at becoming good at PvP. Practice will make you better. How anyone with little PvP skills in PvP land can expect to get the rewards is above me. To become good you need alot of practice, skills in PvP and good team play and tactics, a speech program is also needed.

The whole problem here wasnt that the PvP players won but that EA forced trammel players over to felucca.

3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I understand your point and call it invalid. If a person is pve and only wants to be pve, but by game mechanics is forced into pvp, it is not so fun. Your point on which one is harder is a moot point. Its about game play styles and nothing more. Its PVP being forced upon a pve. Its personal property rights 101. Self ownership. I do not own you and you do not own me. I do not force you, you do not force me. its simple. here is a link to a video explaining the process.

4. Ara

Ara Avatar

And why didnt you quote the post above you where i say

And just to be clear - i was never discussing consensual or non-consensual PvP.

Only how easy PvE is compared to PvP.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sure there was another way to get the scrolls, you just PvM in your safe area with no real risk of anything....save the gold and then you go buy them.

The choice to go to Fel and to do a champ spawn knowing the risk that it involved was always yours.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Bahhh, that is not an answer, and not much of a game then. Maybe some people just like to make other people slaves and control their actions, and I can say the same for you, raiding people engaged in combat is not really pvp. Its greifing. Oh an easy target, lets gank him. I am so glad sota will not be like this, just so some will not abuse the game and drive others off. It takes rules sometimes because only a couple bad apples spoil the bunch.

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

you must have been writing it when I was writing mine, I did not see you post that you thought ea had messed up by forcing people to champ. Maybe you can tell Envy that also.

And your point about PvP and much practice is needed I agree on. But as much as some people try, they will never be good at pvp, Just like as much as some people try they will never be good at PVE. Some people will never be good at role play. Some people just want to gather items, some people just want to sit in the bars, some people just want to explore. Some people want to pvp and get full looted, some people want to pvp and not get looted, but most every pve person I know, does not want to get looted at all. The bit about PvP players getting their just rewards because it is a pvp turf, is not an excuse for guild/gang warfare. I see your point but I do not agree with it. You call it pvp all day long, I call it a slaughter of innocents. An exploit of some one who is trying to play the content and does not wish pvp, but It is forced upon them by some gang members controlling their turf.

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Listen Ara, I know this is a heated subject, for many people. I want to say that I do understand your point of view, I just do not concede to it. I know many people have you point of view and that is ok. I want to say if I have said anything that offends you personally I apologize because you probably are a pretty decent dude. I have one request though, can you please try to understand the pve argument. I'm not saying you have to accept it, I am just saying to understand it, because if we do not acknowledge that we understand each other, this bantering can go on and on and on. Again, I do not wish to be enemies, but 2 people working toward a common solution. I tend to be stubborn in my arguments and I need to self moderate myself sometimes, so again I apologize.

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think the best option for not PVPing is just dont flag for it, or go places that are flagged for it, keep in mind when a PVP is trying to do quests he/she can be attacked by others! So the PVE people have a better chance of completing quests without interruption! Unlike PVP people, I as PVP accept that! As a PVPr for me (personal opinion) I like it a lot better than, not having to worry about other things than just game mechanics, i want to be looking over my shoulder all the time. To me this makes my game more fun and interesting. We as PVP shouldn't have to change our way of play because others may not like it! Just like PVE shouldn't have to change their way to play PVE, because of us. Its our choice to play this way, if we happen to not like it then well just put that slider over to PVE and join you in your PVE game. (the reason there may be extra stuff for us is we have to worry about, - each other!) which PVE do not.

10. Ara

Ara Avatar

Aye people like different things in games.

That's why i thought it was wrong to force trammel players to felucca. They wanted the power scrolls but dislike non-consensual PvP and those 2 options isnt a match.

They should have had a power scroll option in trammel but with a lower drop rate since it was less risk.

That's also why i believe SotA got it right when players that take a higher risk with both PvP+PvE should get more resources in areas that promote just that.

11. Ara

Ara Avatar

Thank you, very nice of you and i do also apologize if i affended you in any way by my words.

I know i am a strong minded person. =)

And a bit stubborn. :p

Hehe.

12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This makes me smile! Thank you!

13. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

PvE players absolutely have to change the way they play for you. Every play style does, that's why it's so annoying and disruptive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcon Wornsteel likes this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

WHY? Honestly you know that everything i ever say you will come back with some negative input about it! Eventhough you dont have to flag for PVP if you dont want too, if i want to have an easy time going through quests with no fear of attack i can just come over to your playground and play there in your sandbox, and there would be nothing you could do about it, if i happen to be breezing through the stuff that may take longer for you! :)

KingPramus and Ara like this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Could say exactly the same for PvP players, it's been settled that it's concent only.....people have to flag or be in a PvP zone....PvMers are still complaining about it becuase they want to go to an area that they chose not to go to because PvPers have fun there.....personally I would just call that selfish.

KingPramus, blaquerogue and Ara like this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Center Stance: both start here

PvP Camp:
    PvP can Go Here because it is there playstyle. =
    PvE can go here because of the incentive of More Nodes even at risk against his playstyle of not being PvP -1
    PvP enjoys More node resources +1

PvE camp
    PvE can go here because it is there playstyle. =
    PvP can go into here with no threat or danger other than the PvE +1
    PvE is disadvantaged with less resources -1
    PvP can go here for nodes when they do not want to compete for nodes. +1

Assessment: PvP does have more advantage than PvE by a +3 /-2 margin
    Now, I really do not hear much complaining from the pve crowd on this, and I think this is a good thing. I believe that there should be incentives to promote PvP if one consents to it. I just wanted to point out to the PvP crowd that they do already have an advantage in this regard. The balance of resources leans to the PvP areas. "huge advantage", especially for the controlling guild.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Could you please cite an instance of a primarily PvE player who has complained about PvP zones? I don't recall having seen one.

Some portion of the map will be flagged as PvP. The plan, last I heard, was that there would be some permanent scenes and some random scenes that move around. Some portion of the map will be inaccessible to those that don't wish to PvP. On the other hand, the entire map will be accessible to those that flag PvP and will be able to PvP at any place on it. This would seem to me to be an advantage granted to the PvP players, and I don't recall having heard any PvE player complain about that.

Please educate me if I'm incorrect, or if I have somehow misinterpreted your complaint.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

This is a choice that a player takes, saying it is inaccessible kind of suggests impossible. Fact is you can, you just choose not to.

Once again this is down to choice, even a PvPer may wish to have "quiet time" and do things other than PvPing (being flagged means they can be attacked in "safe areas").....it is a choice a PvPer makes and with that comes a risk.

You have misinterpreted the fact that I have no complaint with the system that will be implemented, what does niggle me a little is that fact that PvMers seem to have this idea that they are the only ones who have a disadvantage due to their own choice and style of play. There are pros on cons for both PvPers and PvMers.....either way it is all down to the choice.

blaquerogue and Ara like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I agree. I apologize if that is what you took from my answer. It was not my intent.
    I agree.
    Nor do I... Though you seemed to hold the position that the presence of PvP is an anathema to many PvE players. I have not seen evidence of this and wished a citation of the complaints that you base this conclusion on.
    I've never held that position. As a counterpoint, there are PvP players for whom the very presence of those with whom they cannot fight is an annoyance worthy of petitioning for completely separate servers with different rule sets, or a filter mechanism so strict that it would never allow a PvP flagged player to see an unflagged player, amounting to largely the same thing.
    I agree.

You seem to be angry, and I'm trying to comprehend why.

20. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Unless you are calling PvP players that aren't in the top 10% "mediocre players," from my experience this tends to not be true at all. I often find single mobs meant to be challenging, or large groups of less powerful mobs, to be less predictable than bad PvPers. Half-decent mobs at least have some RNG in how they behave, I lost count of the number of bad PvPers I fought that kept doing the same tired sequence of actions to the bitter end in a foolish attempt to get a lucky shot.

Two things:

- Many players don't find doing PvP and PvE at the same time to be any fun. I'm one of them; I'm either doing PvP or PvE, never both at the same time. Thus, any design that expects me to engage in both at the same time is just not worth playing, no matter the rewards.

- What I propose to balance things out is to actually make PvE easier when the player is flagged for PvP, monitoring it and decreasing the difficulty in PvP until players in PvP progress at roughly the same speed as players not flagged for PvP.

I'm not adverse to difficulty. I'm just utterly unwilling to engage in non-consensual PvP, no matter the setup, the rewards, whatever. And I also tend to find any kind of content that mixes PvP and PvE not fun at all.

Arcon Wornsteel and Ned888 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.