PVP needs an upgade!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Yakamo LLTS, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Every day I go into multiple zones and see it's flooded with Blue players, those who I want to kill but I cannot. I killed their mobs and i'm instantly a grieffer with threats of bans. The Blue Wins and i'm scurrying off thinking what a "reject my game etiquette must be", because they said that as well. Log off to friends mode with PVP tag, Blue players farm multiplayer. Sigh

Hear me out, pvp is not a lucrative Gold making system. I hear threads upon threads annoyed by the loot that drops, guys this is Ultima. Also a-lot of threads are pertaining to people afking and being thiefed. I just do not understand if its a lack of knowing what you should do in this game, or if its just "I don't care.

Let me break down the PVP ransom system, clearly hardly anyone knows it. I say this because many people log off and so not address the ransom. I then get their items. (this needs to be changed from 118 minutes of decision making, to at-least a few days. I can wait for loot, because PVP loot is minimal and worth Nothing compared to farming gold itself.

pvp SYSTEM

When you die a grave pops up, kinda like this .O.

The killer loots the grave and he presses . on the numberpad to see what he got.

1 body part. Skull rarest worth most money, then jaw and hand. !. This effects ransom amount.

1 Equipment item, worm or in bag, will drop. Lets pretend your Helmet +69 dropped. One might flip out and post in the forums, Change the system! Guess what. That values worth is prolly like 400 gold. So chill.

1 common loot drop, pertaining to consumables and crafting. Now this is the only money maker in pvp. You pray some moron has a stack of 200 corpse wax, that's prolly a 4000 ransom which is worth much much more than the actual worth. I can't tell you how many times people send back ransom which is worth twice as much as the item itself. But remember, that isn't the PVPers fault. (this system needs to be changed)
    Again the pvper deals with people abusing the system. Poor pvpers :(

At this point i'm thinking, the pvper has a-lot of bull to put up with. Not only can he not go invisible, because everyone exploits the target system to target anyone invisable, we also have ninja nerfs pertaining to thief skills and pvp skill's that are never listed in the update page.

I just want people to understand, us pvpers are an enormously dieing race. We need ideas to improve pvp and make it worth everyone's time, not to nerf it to non existant play.

Its coming to a point that I hardly ever want to log in. Having to work so hard to defend an aspect of a game that MADE Ultima Online what it is. I became a founder 3 years ago for the pvp and now....Well I said it.

question -
    VALOR!!!!! HOW THE F DO YOU IMPOSE WE FIX THINGS, YOU STUPID MORON?

Well, Little changes are the only thing working for this game. I want to impose an enormouse change that of the Ultima Online days.

Where Grandmaster Armor was worth wearing, even on the end gamers.

Full loot drop - Stimulate teh crafting economy, get gold flowing on in game items, not DECORATIONS!!!

The good old UO days was a perfect template for UO 2 and while we all know They never ever intended to make a UO2, fact is. Right now thats the best idea for this games success. Also copy-write issues, darn legal stuff :(

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It's not Ultima it's SotA!

Because of the this it should always be an option and never forced!!!

Always unilateral point of view.

3. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You clearly didnt read my post, cause at the end i wrote

They never ever intended to make a UO2.

Thanks for participating!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

It sounds like you want a griefing upgrade.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

As much as i enjoyed full loot in UO. The crafting mechanics are too different in SOTA.

Im an avid PvP fan, but theres no way they can do full loot drops with the current way gear is implemented in this game, and the crafting system.

ImO the ransom system is neat.. but needs an overhaul so it cant be so obviously bypassed.

I made a propsal about every kill you get increasing your base chance of dropping an EQUIPPED item when you die. ( so lets say you have 5 rusty daggers and 5 peice of armor. 10% for your helmet to go up if u die.
    Every kill you get increases chance of help to 12 %. 14% or some kinda increase.

This would make better PvPers have a small form of bounty on them. Would also encourage the hunting and collection of gankers.

Small change. Instantly makes pvp more fun.
    But full loot simply wont happen unfotunatly. The games current setup simply doesnt work for it.

Stundorn and Bow Vale like this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Hey, that's a pretty good idea!
    Do you mean the chance rises if you get killed or if you kill?
    You could make a reversed bounty system out of it. The more you kill the higher the chance get's that you, when you get killed in the end, at least drop something good for the player that actually stoped your killing spree.

Stundorn, Bow Vale and MrBlight like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup exactly what im saying.

Solves the farming noobs problem, while still leaving it as option. Makes a type of bounty system. Would just need some kinda.. way to get idea how many kills someone has.
    Even if .
    You know the gm flag? And the number of gms? How bout a lil skull n a number of their current consequitive kill streak rigjt undernethe it.

Simple implimemtation. Lota fun.
    Adds a bragging technique and half ass bounty system all in one go.

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Like the idea of, but it can be abused of course, when it gets high get a mate to kill you. But, how about depending on your overall k/d ratio is what you drop? Sure some people will abuse this system and get friends to get them in the red so to speak, but anyone with any pride in themselves/game wont which will be the vast majority as the k/d ratio is really what most look for as a meter of success.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

True. But most pvpers like their bragging rights.
    If im at 8 conseq kills im not gonna get bud to kill me just to save few hundred gold, there goes my streak!
    An overall k/d ration would just mean i die 75 times in 20 min with buddies so i never surpass. I dunno neither way is perfect.

I
    Consequtive adds a temporary bounty bonuse which imo would add versitility in the function.

* shrug * either way. Its just anther simple kinda thing they could do to step pvp up another step, that shouldnt take a dev much time at all to implement.

Bow Vale likes this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

World pvp was just taking off when the economy got nerfed, and people could not afford the ransoms no more. Full loots is only going to make that worse. I don't pvp to make money, I pvp to pvp, that is my end game goal. Plus, the ransoms does not fix economic situation, coin coming from the game into players hands improves the economy.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Actually adding coins to the economy inflates the cost of everything as there is more gold circulating to buy items. Gold sinks like lottery tickets take coins out of the economy making less gold available in the system and lowering gold available to buy things. PVP is monetarily neutral as the gold for bounties goes from one player to another it does not add gold to the system or take any away. There is really no system where I would want full loot ever. That is just too much of a disincentive for me to actually pvp ever. I do like Mister Blight's idea of an increasing chance of higher level drops from people that kill a lot of players in a row. I certainly love the idea of kill counts showing up when you click on a player. This would both be bragging rights and a way for aspiring PVPers to know who to run the heck away from.

Mac2 and Stundorn like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

1St like it but then i thought of a sort of punishment for the good pk hunters.
    Thinking..
    Ok like it, but NEED TO BE RELATED to VIRTUE!!!
    So that Red/Blue have the Bonus loot chance only for the opposite VIRTUE.

What do you think of?

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

According to EA's lawyers, this is not Ultima.

If this was Ultima Online 2 with the 1997 UO Felucca rule set, I would have a small pledge and would never be in game. Does not interest me. Been there once, did not have fun, had fun once the world was split.

I hope you do find meaningful pvp here in SOTA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.