PvP not looked at?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

but they are!

This feature, out of all the features in the forum list has the most posts. I hear a lot of hate that nothing is done about PvP, this probably has to be one of the most looked over critiqued, focused, needs balancing systems (and there for needs to be worked on slowly and carefully to keep the balance).

If this has the most posts probably also has quite a few players putting money into this game and a company like port. will probably make sure not to alienate them.

Who am I? Just a guy that plays this game and knows its in beta with no firm date of release, so I will be patiently waiting, AND PLAYING looking forward to the final product. Only then will I comment on how good or bad PvP turned out. If it turns out at all like UO it will constantly be changing and we all know people are scared of change, but when you change things nothing is ever old and stale!

A patiently waiting DA <--- daring adventure

MUCH LOVE!

2. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Kinda stupid to say PVP is overlooked I guess.

They just bring in a new PVP dungeon, and the PVP scenes are the best ones in the game, concerning looks I never played them.
    I guess it is the mechanics around it that people do not like and are not fleshed out. Guild Wars, Virtue System is all stuff that made UO interesting. Right now its only FFA Ransom Loot... which is not really much and certainly gives me no interest in joining that, because as a new guy I have no one to tag along with me or no side to fight for.

Just my 2 cents.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The most looked over? I thought that his was story, quests, single-player narrative, choices and consequences and offline mode?

4. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Yeah you guys that still play the game, should all get together.. write what you want and post it somewhere where it doesn't get deleted.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Gotta agree with this, PVP has gotten attempts to make it better... unsuccessful but tries nontheless.
    "choices and consequences" Will make pvp more interesting is my guess
    and tbh I blame us the community for the delay on the important parts with all the " I want this and that and that some wings and some neon" I'm confident however that in due time the game will be great (luckily im young and have many years to wait hopefully :p )

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The PvP related works have been putting into the game almost every other release. Remember PvP-Only scenes are forced into Multiplayer online mode only, XP bonus for turning the flagged on, several PvP scenes are being uncloned, the historic butth... Blood Bay, etc.

It's just that what they implemented were not quite exactly what the "PvP" folks think that they want or the game need.

Dhanan and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well technically what you state here is scene creation and not pvp. It might be built for pvp but it is just another scene to pvp in. Most of the PvP people are more interested in the direction of pvp such as guild wars and pvp mechanics.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

As long as people can run with so many GM and highlevel equip etc.
    It's just an elite show, only for 24/7 hardcore gamers who love pvp.

PvP has the best and exclusive scenes, the hugest Map and a xp Bonus.

What it is missing is balance.
    But to that they need to nerf things so hard and set exploiters back that it...
    1st maybe wont work for SP anymore
    2nd some elite pvpers cry over as if they haven't already leaved the game recently.

At my pace and with the current system await me in 2021-22 for pvp, but then i am sure in :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.