PvP - One Hour or More Ban from Zone OnDeath()

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Levon LaJiqu, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

I propose a one hour or longer ban from zone when killed from pvp combat.

What is fun when I'm xp'ing, is to notice a blur moving around me, then check the Price of the Oracle and notice three items have been pick pocketed, then equip my pvp deck and cast Reveal Hidden, then fight and kill that pvp'er.

What is NOT fun is when the above statement occurs, then that pvp'er returns over and over and over and continues to try and mez / pick pocket you completely disrupting your xp'ing.

Some may retort that you gain items every time you kill them so they're return should be welcomed. My counter is that the majority of pvp kills yields no great reward especially when your enemy has prepared their inventory for pvp.

Should a pvp'er disrupt your xp'ing? Absolutely.
    Should a pvp'er disrupt your xp'ing after being killed by you within an hour of death? Absolutely NOT.

The issue with resurrect kills would also be rectified by banning the pvp'er from the zone they were killed in for one hour or more, and zoning them to the over world map upon death.

see: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...uss-the-resurrection-ankhs.73452/#post-719115

EDIT:
    Baron Drocis Fondorlatos had a great idea of adding the one hour restriction from the zone to the Price of the Oracle allowing for both the killed and the killer to remove the ban before one hour has passed by paying the ransom or forgiving the ransom respectively.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The problem with having a 1 hour ban is that your xp'ing would be disrupted quite a bit by this wouldn't it?

I agree that when you kill someone in pvp, they should not be coming back to fight you again for some time though. You won, they lost, let them think about that for a bit.

What I'd prefer is that they go back to whatever "bind" point they are at. If they want to claw their way back into your scene after that, so be it. But at least make them travel some.

3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Or you could leave the area and XP somewhere else a while. i know, i know sounds too simple.

4. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

The one hour ban works both ways. Just like there are more zones to pvp in, there are more zones to xp in. If a pvp'er kills me while I'm xp'ing, I welcome the one hour ban. The game lacks reason to explore new zones and the ban would do just that.

The return to bind solution is also a good option.

5. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

My point is that I won the fight so why should the pvp'er succeed in harassing me away from xp'ing.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Actually, I have a better idea...

Make them pay the ransom before they can enter the scene again. And make the ransom about 3 times what it is now. That would be a good short term solution.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

If you kill them enough im sure they will stop, or you can leave the area. Why should said PvPer have their game time impacted by being teleported out or not able to enter a scene? Is their play time less valuable than yours because you choose to XP? They arent exploiting anything they are using mechanics as intended. (well exploits are rampant so not sure about that, but the act of stealing/pvp is not an exploit.)

Audacity likes this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm not a PVPer but from a gameplay perspective it sounds like griefing by them on you. Griefing is bad and shouldn't be supported.

I doubt kicking them out of the zone is a good answer, I would probably lean toward being able to opt into a temporary invulnerability against each other, ie. if one of the PVP'ers elects it, neither can touch each other for a certain amount of time.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Just sounds like a PvEr whinging about PvPers. If you don't like it....don't flag.

10. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

This is also a good idea one hour ban or can pay inflated ransom to regain access.

Why you ask? BECAUSE THEY DIED.

also, I'm not sure what you mean "have their game time impacted" do you mean their game experience impacted?

Play time less valuable? the system goes both ways, if I was the one to die as an "xp'er" then I would have to find a new zone to XP in for an hour just like they have to find a new zone to PVP in for an hour if they die.

also, I never said they are exploiting anything. That is why I Proposed a change to the game.

11. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

Did you read the OP?

This is about severe death penalties. If you win a fight in PvP it should mean more than being able to loot some trash.

12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Game time i mean why should they be barred from a scene because of PvP. what if they have one hour to play and now cant get in that scene. Also, i wasnt aware that if you die once in PvP you should stop. I thought you kept dying until you learned how to win such is the learning curve.

13. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

You do know the game has over 100 scenes right? If your banned from one for an hour and you only have one hour to play... idk go to another? You don't have to stop PVP'ing you just don't get to continue harassing the player that just killed you. As a pvp'er this makes killing more satisfying does it not?

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  14. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

That depends on the person your PvPing, for example if i was to PK someone in a scene and then went to the SOTA forums and saw a post about how they where killed and game mechanics should change, id prob purposely hunt that person down. Due to their response it would be very fun for me to find them and kill them to look for more exciting content to read on the forums. Sad thing is im not even a griefer!

On the other side if i die pvping someone, im going to want to fight them again until i can beat them or cant afford the oracles price or maybe get ran off by a group.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yup

And I agree that there should be penalties in PvP faction/competitive scenarios.......but this isn't that......this is open world PvP.

16. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

So you want to make pvp a banable offence? Thiefs cant steal from messed anymore.

17. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

I don't understand what you mean by "this is open world PvP." Are you saying that my proposal would only work in open world pvp?

I do NOT want to make pvp a banable offence... And I do NOT want to prevent thiefs from pick pocketing mezzed players... your wrong on both accounts.

18. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I'm saying as R37 stands, no thief's can steal from anyone they personally mesmerized. I'm a thief in game.

19. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

Oh I read that. I actually don't have a problem with thieves pick pocketing a mezzed player as there is already a penalty system in place if the thief fails (they are stunned for 30 seconds and easy to kill.) My problem is that once you kill the thief, they are back one minute later trying to mez you again.

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm saying that you should only be penalized to that extent in a competitive scenario (factions etc). Hunting in the woods, visiting a town in with a general PvP tag isn't really competitive play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.