PVP Solution?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Aldo, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm all for a pickup game of chess, and even an attempt at poker, but for combat games... I don't know. Shroud PvP is competing against all the other combat games in the world, or Battlefield 1 for me. It's also competing against all the other stuff I could/should be doing in Shroud at the moment, and there is a lot.

The combat is now at the point where I could see PvP being great, and if I see some CTF events coming I might show up, if they line up with my time. Then I might play if there is a bracket that isn't going to 1 shot me repeatedly.

But to get me to do it regularly they've got to remove a lot of barriers.
    • Level appropriate games
    • Notifications the games are happening
    • Free teleport? I can afford the scrolls, but realize that if it's not free then it's a 300g tax to play the game (one scroll each way.) Not everyone will pay to play.
    • Some reward would be nice, XP maybe, I could be PvEing or stocking vendors with that time
    • Server run games, ie Scoreboard, "You Win" popup when you win, etc. Not totally required, but if you stack 2 exact same games side by side and one has these, while the other doesn't, the first will be more fun.
    That being said, yes, random pick up games with house rules are great, and it's great Shroud can handle it. But I think it's going to stay niche, it won't get the big crowds without some of the framework to make it happen.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I haven't found a type of game I couldn't do in the game. Unfortunately performance stops me from enjoying large scale events and I've grown bored of being targeted at smaller events. Hell, I got killed while alone in my house doing a tech stream... Just gets stupid trying to get a group of guards only to have performance for the zone drop horribly. I've never claimed to be the best PvP player. I won my share of early competitions but I found my fun in events... I'm waiting for larger scale stuff before hosting again. I'd love to host a tournament for the king again and have 100+ attend but I can't enjoy a stream when more than 5 people actively fight.

Ctf, koth, president, s&d, etc... All possible in sota without any new tech. Check the vengeance wiki page for some tips or my YouTube channel from r18 era for some Event ideas.

Cheers, and thanks for the tag @Bambino

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.