PvP Zones : The richest 1% get richer?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Innessa Lelania, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If you mean by swaying my thought process to your thought process, your probably right, you've hit a brick wall! I hear everyone's suggestions and ideas and take all in , then think about it! I just dont agree with all!
    I mean look at it man, your taking something personal that was pointed at both ends there, PVP and PVE! Do you actually have a guilty conscience about it? I didn't! I stand by all I say, without the guilty conscience!
    You and I just dont agree on a lot of things...so be it!

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Nope, I just don't get just about everything you said.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

...and thats ok with me by the way :)

4. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

Isiah, Blaquerogue and others appear to be advocates to PVP. (after reading through this thread and everyone has the right to express their opinions and its ok that mine does not align with others) Using terms like risk vs. reward, immersion and ‘higher degree of realism’ as proponents and PVP really bother me considering that people who kill other people are in no way dissuaded by committing murder in most games with PVP. No faction hits or anything. They are allowed to go back into towns and cities like nothing happened, like their actions have no bearing on how they are viewed by other citizens or the reigning constabulary. (save for games with opposing factions like SWTOR etc.) They can prey upon people, take their stuff then waltz right back into town like everyone else. I played AoC, AA (a lot of others) and what ultimately happens is that larger groups gank on smaller ones and many of the archtypes you see for PVP prowess become duplicates due to ingame advantage for PKing. Stun locks, AOE etc. Most games have made PVE risk vs. reward so easy so that a soloer can pretty much do the majority of the content. No need for community and grouping due to their own personal time constraints. Game makers have been dumbing games down, making them easy to get through and fast to level so that a person can max level in 2 weeks or less. Then, at the end, make the end game PVP instead of a stout, majorly difficult set of PVE content. Both ways are repetitive in nature but I’d much rather tackle an extremely difficult dragon than entertain a group of gankers who get rewarded for PKing people. I know, I’m just crazy like that. *wink*

Also, take a look at the games with PVP, their current memberships and population numbers. Between EQ, EQ2, WoW, Rift, DDO, FFIVX, SWTOR and LOTRO, there are a lot of players still banging away in PVE content in the millions. Many still subbing in these games, some of which have gone F2P. Using non MMORPG games like COD, LoL (MOBAs) etc. as examples of PVP games with high attendance numbers kinda gives me the chuckles when used in such a discussion as this considering that they are not MMORPGs at all. For any game I intend on creating a community for and sticking around in for longer than 3 months, the component of PVP exclusive areas and benefits does not bode to well if I just use attendance numbers alone. For myself, I like larger games, lots of content, lots of quests (not the kind where I am led around by the nose, thank you!), deep crafting not made redundant by PVP tokens, Raid coins (Rift/SWTOR), difficulty and slow progression. Components to keep gold farmers away and cash shops limited to cosmetic only items. Once the cash shops open up to crafting components, recipes, permanent stat boosters etc. you can kiss goodbye the in-game trading and economy.

Typical number ratios between PVE and PVP in an MMORPG are 100 to 1 if I were being generous. Lord British has an opportunity here to draw a lot of that PVE dollar away from the games I have listed and bring them hither. Rufus, Rune, Lollie and others, I commend you for your words and I apologize for the wall of text.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yes we are Advocates of PVP, i can only speak for myself here, my PVP consists of roll playing a "good guy" that goes out and find the ones that grief you all so much, and i kill him! That's how i specifically play my character, Hence my PVP play style that i am entitled too! I paid just as much as anyone with hopes that i could PVP my way "the good guy"

Now there are other PVP out there that want to kill off the easy targets, i accept that since i will go find them and kill them in return "good guy" mentality. Now with that, being a Pkr is another type of PVP play style, i dont mind it either since it is part of PVP. You do have a choice whether to play PVP or not and that its solely your choice!So if you pick the PVP option, more than likely sooner or later someone is going to kill you whether its because your too low level to be PVPing others or that particular PVP. Or your plainly going to get ganked by one or more people, since that is there play style. I know it doesnt seem fair but... you didn't have to flag PVP it was your choice! So your left with yourself to blame.

Then there are PVE like lollie and others that do not want to have to flag for anything! ( i have friends that DO NOT PVP as well I respect that) I will probably un-flag to go adventure with them in PVE (whatever they have for PVE, i accept it) It will be my choice to un-flag from PVP, so i really I have nothing to complain about in PVE world. If i get tired of it i can just flag back to PVP, its that simple!

No PVE will ever be forced to flag PVP, its already been stated by the Devs and the design!
    Yes there may be PVP areas they can go into if they want to but not need too! but they will have to accept a PVP flag to go there! again a choice. (want and need are two different things)
    both sides will have same quests etc.. no need to worry about that.
    PVP will not get full loot for now. and possibly never get full loot! Trust me if we ever got full loot PVP, PVE would not be there at all, from what Ive seen thus far in the forums.
    PVE will be able to roll play however they want.
    PVP will be able to roll play however they want.

what people have to understand is the game is not made for one or the other, its being made for both! So when lollie gets mad at PVP because we love idea of extra resources in PVP zones she has to understand that the PVP per se, in this forum are not the ones that came up with that idea, The Devs did, so she should be getting mad at them, and not us they are designing this, we are just chiming in We like it she hates it so be it! it will never change between us, we are total polar opposites, not, dumb, stupid etc.. none of us PVE or PVP, we just dont agree! its that simple!

I do respect PVE's wants, it doesn't mean i have to agree with them! Same should be for PVP you may not agree with us but at least have enough respect to let us PVP (all PVP) decide what is good for us!
    Anyone can chime in but do you want PVP telling you guys how to play and what should or shouldn't be involved in your PVE world? If we plan on spending 90% of our time in PVP?

We were promised a form of PVP,
    PVE was Promised a storyline and a world you can RP in

Leave it at that and enjoy the ride to see what will become of either!

Like Galleon, I commend my PVPrs, Envy, Isaiah,Duke William, Sciamano, Violation, Themo Lock, Abydos and many others for their words as well.

We are just on different sides of the tracks and that it, we are both, PVP and PVE very attached to our different play styles. Lets just enjoy our own ways of playing the game!

In addition to all that the most ridiculous thing is neither of us PVP or PVE will ever wholly agree with the other! SO whoever thought that was a good idea was way wrong!

Isaiah likes this.
  6. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Right, so...this discussion has largely gone off the rails. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.