Questions: Martin the Merchant, and Water Village Lots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bcxanth, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

Hi all,

A couple of questions as I try to wade into SotA for the first time in two years.

1) Is Martin the Merchant in Soltown broken? I have a bunch of stuff I looted on the bridge that is weighing me down, but I can't find anywhere to sell it. Martin is the only merchant I've found that doesn't bring up a shop window when I interact with him. He doesn't do anything really, except tell me he doesn't understand anything I say. I'd really like to get rid of all this extra crap, and don't wanting it taking up space in my bank, but would like to sell it so I can actually afford to train.

2) I'm a Royal Founder at the Citizen level. One of the reasons I pledged was to get the special water front village house. However from skimming through posts it seems like these are pretty much all gone. I don;t get to select a lot until next Saturday 8/13. Has Portalarium overselling village deeds as add-ons screwed me out of the house I paid to get?

Thanks!

2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

2) Currently there are 217 Water Village lots remaining. They are not going very quickly so you may find one or two available when your time comes.

Beaumaris likes this.
  3. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

How can you tell how many lots of a type are left available in the game?

4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Here is a link to a sheet containing NPC and PRT towns, and the numbers of various type/size of lots available in each. Note: it is only as accurate as the players updating it, and if they delay, the numbers may be slightly off. But it will give you a general idea of what's still available...and then you can visit the towns in person to verify the lots are still there/available.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._xwyuMbv5CRGoXbqM0zxg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

There are two tabs at the bottom of the sheet...one labeled NPC and the other PRT...by switching between the two one can see that there are plenty of lots of various sizes/types available in many locations.

5. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Martin is only accesible a few hours a day it seems, I boycot soltown because of his weird schedules

Derium and Beaumaris like this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The schedule aren't working correctly. The NPCs don't go to work until midday it seems.

enderandrew likes this.
  7. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

Ok, thanks everyone for all the help. I wish people in game would actually talk to you and answer questions. It's a pain having to come to the forums every time, but I always appreciate the help I get. :)

8. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

So Martin finally opened up shop, only for me to find out that he wouldn't buy any of this crap I have. I pulled a bunch of stuff off of bodies on the bridge, assuming I'd be able to sell it to get some gold, but none of the merchants seems to want any of it. Are you not able to sell loot in this game? Or can you just not sell the stuff from that bridge area?

9. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

You can sell loot from foes you have slain. If you pick up things you find laying around and that will respawn they cannot be sold. The easiest way to tell is if it shows a value of zero then it can neither be sold nor salvaged.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Check the inventory. If it is Value:0 then the only use is to salvage it. Spears and axes on Carpentry station, swords and metal shields on Blacksmith station, cloth and leather stuff on the Tailor station.
    And yes, Mugle, they changed it for some strange reason - so nowadays we can salvage 0g stuff.
    o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.