Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R5 Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Pain Points
    1) Panning (q and e) is too slow. Like painfully so.
    2) Moving more than 1 item. The counter system is painful enough but when I clicked Ok, many many many times it would clear the selection. Something less painful. Like double click the items, select count, and then move it / them.
    3) Graphics in town seemed to overpower my 2012 Macbook Pro w/ 8GB memory. I basically had to run through town with my head down (looking at the ground) so it would work at a high enough frame rate to actually make progress. Single player / Multi player it didn't matter.
    4) Quest chatting. Sometimes I "knew" what to do / say, but the NPC didn't respond after many attempts. Giving beer in the owl's head, and telling Kelly "all was forgiven" are some examples. While the open dialog system is nice, after a bit it would be nicer to just get some hints on how to talk to someone. I assume flags are tracked for quest activities? A player's flags at a given time should limit what an NPC is willing to give hints about.

Nitpicks...
    - Re-locating my house was no fun. I found a lot, put down my house... but similar to finally finding a spot in a busy parking lot... when I tried to go back, I couldn't find the damn thing =) Please give me parchment so I can make in game area maps. So I can: map the village / area, annotate it, copy it, sell / share it. etc..
    - The counter for when a corpse disappears shouldn't start until the avatar who killed it is out of combat. Many a time I watch a corpse sink away as I was still battling it's friends.
    - The click spot for looting a corpse is under where it used to stand, this wasn't intuitive.
    - The dialog window would often disappear as I was reading an NPC's response. Just outright extend it, or if you want to get fancy, extend it when the character's response is longer.
    - The dialog above characters heads was often so fragmented as to be useless. And often it would appear much much later than intended. The necromancer was "still talking" a good 20-30 seconds after I killed him.

Kudos..
    The R4 -> R5 iteration showed significant progress. I felt like it was a fun game here and there ;-) Even the OSX 15 to 18 iterations were very nice. Great to see changes implemented so quickly. Item selection and overall stability improved dramatically.

skinned likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.