1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 5 Impressions & Release 6 Revised

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

I think and I thought from when I joined this merry band of Avatars that a release this year was unreachable, I want to say to you Mr Starr that Myself as a founder am ok with you taking another year to get this done right m8, And I think you should push back these releases to a three month span, because the difference and advancement in the game is negligible to me and I feel the team is wasting precious time on moving the development to a monthly release date when they need to be focusing on the game as a whole and then you can wow! us every three months with some real changes to this cool world you are building. Peace out.

Sir Stile Teckel and Ludicrous like this.
  2. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

I think the monthly releases to test serve multiple purposes, one of which is to get real feedback from the community. It's better to catch something the community is going to hate one month in, than three months in.

3. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

good point.

Sinclair likes this.
  4. hollyjames740

hollyjames740 Avatar

ya fighting lich it was so laggy are we going to work on that

5. Eldyth

Eldyth Avatar

Haha. No i wouldn't say pokey spears is the standard for my dream game. But when i look at a game that has what i want in a game (since no other game seems to put it in) i try to see what it has different or what i want out of a game. And when most people don't care about fluff or a certain weapon type, i do.

As someone that loves playing a mage i want spells that just don't go boom, i might aswell play a modern shooter and use a grenade or a rocket launcher.

And in a world where swords are king, i really like to see more spears in them, becasue i like to stab people with a spear, and i don't like when develeports goes the cheap\lazy route with adding spears ontop of the "axe" animation. So me for one is happy with what its bringing to the table so far, and RG hasn't let me down before so far, and looking at what's sneaking in with every build release, i'm happy to say he's not starting this time around either.

Lord Beli and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Thankfully we'll see that.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/magic-combat-and-crafting-skills.3937/

Each class of weapons has unique abilities that make them worthwhile.

Blades School: Swords, Daggers. Fast direct damage. Weaker against heavy armor.
    Polearms: Halberds and Spears. Crowd Control with roots, knockdowns and knockbacks. Good against most armor
    Bludgeons: Clubs, Maces, Axes, and Hammers. Lowest direct damage but offset with crowd control (stun, knockback, knockdown) and high damage to armor and weapons.
    Ranged: Bows and Crossbows. Hitting targets at distance but requires ammo
    Light Armor: Has least focus or movement penalties. Best for stealth and magic. Also is least expensive armor to maintain.
    Medium Armor: Best balanced armor between protection and minimal penalties.
    Heavy Armor: Best protection but biggest penalties for movement, encumbrance, and focus.
    Shields: Defensive school with most cooperative skills

Right now I'm leaning towards polearms and medium armor to be balanced.

7. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Bludgeoning with stealth will be OP for 1v1 fights.

[​IMG]

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Depends. Let's say I need light armor for stealth. I sneak up on you and then manage to stun you with a bludgeoning weapon. It has low direct damage, so I don't have the quick burst to kill you before the stun wears off. After the stun wears off, my target may have a big burst they can respond with and I'm in light armor.

It could be an effective combo, but I don't know if it will be OP or if there isn't a counter to it.

Mishri likes this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

We shall see, friend.

We shall see.

:p

enderandrew likes this.
  10. scorn

scorn Avatar

I thank the devs are doing a grate job so far! As far the game begin pushed for release rather them take time to do it right, to meany games are supper buggy and lack content these days because thy were pushed out, and not tested right.

11. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

By the way, what is the release date for 5? I took a quick poke at their site but didnt see any sort of date jump out.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

The release date of Unitiy 5 is still unknown. It might be coming this summer.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

You can always find the latest release schedule (minus data about the content of the releases) in our events list: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35475

enderandrew and Koldar like this.
  15. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

@Mishri
    @Darkstarr
    Sunsanvil meant the relase date of Unity 5 I guess ;)

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  16. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

I meant when is Unity releasing their V5. :)

All I found on their site is "...we will announce a date soon."

Time Lord likes this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There isn't an official release date yet for Unity 5. There next release is 4.5 then it should be v5. I suspect it will likely be in August as that's when their next big rev conference is. But since 4.5 hasn't talked about much, the timing may not be there for August.

18. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Eriador and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  19. kellyokidd

kellyokidd Avatar

Can you add the option of moving our characters with the arrow keys instead of letter keys? I found it really difficult to use my left hand to make my character run around, plus have the camera move with the person instead of having to reposition the camera view on the track pad every time I changed directions with my avatar. I play on a mac laptop. Thanks!

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Ikes....that would be very cramped...not many games use that control scheme. usually you use your right hand to move the camera and the left to move the character....they could technicaly add the left mouse button as a move forward action though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.