1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 6 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

You guys really need to get the launcher fixed on OS X. It launches the wrong files which is very annoying and it's been broken this way for at least 4 weeks. It used to work pre R5 and I know many people have posted about it, it can't be hard to get fixed...

2. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

im using OSX on macbook air and the launcher works fine.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's awesome, but it doesn't work fine for me on 2 systems. Mavericks 10.9.3 macbook mini and a retina macbook pro 15.

Did you have R5 installed ? Or did you install fresh for this release ?

Mine launches the App Store. But I've seen it launch other apps that I had installed, like an Amazon app and a Microsoft App...

I'm currently patched to OS X version 22, problem has persisted over multiple patches for me to both launcher and app. I have to workaround by manually keeping the SoTA app in the dock.

Hopefully someone on the team reads this and can tell me how to fix it

4. Veylen The AenigmA

I did a fresh install last night. I upgraded to the newest version of osx for my air last night as well. I am not at it so idk exact version. I was getting some errors too but I kept closing and opening patcher and it eventually patched thru them till the client login opened

5. Zickey

Zickey Avatar

looking great! can't wait!

6. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I can confirm. It's not installing properly for me either on OS X.

7. selbie

selbie Avatar

Hmm...I've never been a fan of bloom effects. Makes everything look like an 80's soap opera. It also gives me the sensation that I've been swimming in a chlorine pool for 8 hours and I need to blink away the fog....

8. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

On my 1st attempt, it said I needed to install a 'newer' version of the software - even though I just installed the latest version! I then attempted a 2nd install, and that one worked. But now access has been closed already. :(

9. Veylen The AenigmA

im using 10.6.8 OSX. its been flaking on me and erroring out randomly, but its trying, it keeps patching files and getting further everytime it erors out and i restart it.

10. Veylen The AenigmA

loading up, working fine for me. playing beautimus music . hope it works for you..

11. Kleshar

Kleshar Avatar

thanks to you and to the team for keep on working on brighter/more colored skyboxes :)
    Hope to see even more blue in the sky into the final version ;P !

Kaisa, tradyblix and rild like this.
  12. rild

rild Avatar

@tradyblix I had to do a fresh install for my mac - hoping we'll get autoupdating like PC version soon

13. Veylen The AenigmA

Got to say. From my first initial impressions the Gfx are improving and are very well done, my PC can't handle much lighting but I have no qualms about sacrificing Fps for those luxurious shadows!!

Haven't ran across any bugs yet! Surprisingly stable and beautiful game so far! Here hear!
    , props to Portalarium. I'm honored to be able to participate in this experience!

Sir Stile Teckel, rild and Kaisa like this.
  14. Vixen

Vixen Avatar

This was my first night playing the game and I am really impressed for pre-alpha! Really looking forward to further development of combat and game progress but had a great time in just the few short hours I've played tonight! Even tried out the coconuts (Had to quote Monty Python a few times!) and claimed a village lot to myself :p Again thank you for all of the hard work put into this game so far.

Sir Stile Teckel and rild like this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

How is working for you on your air now ? My experience is awful, unplayable, where R1-5 were solid... Maybe I should install from scratch ?

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I hate to ask as I'm sure I've missed it somewhere but is there a way to download and apply the patch manually? I'm probably the only person here who actually has to suffer with a 10G a month data limit (most of which is used my someone else). It would really help me out of a lot if I could download the patch somewhere else on my laptop and bring it home to install. Especially when there's more and more content added.

I would use my laptop to test but not only is it 32 bit Vista.. but it doesn't even have max memory. As it is I'm missing out a lot on the tests. :( (And when I say most of the bandwidth is used by someone else I do mean MOST.. sometimes 10x what I limit myself to and we're usually in danger of going over the limit). UGH.. I want my DSL back! :(

rild likes this.
  17. selbie

selbie Avatar

I know that feeling well. I had to endure that kind of thing while moving. I missed out on R1 and R2 as a result.

18. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

rild likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Thanks I'll check out the links. I was thinking about trying the exact thing with the laptop after posting. So long as it doesn't need to update the registry I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

20. Veylen The AenigmA

Yeah same here pretty much gave up on the air last night its stable but just too slow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.