Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roving Encounters Chasing us Down, Coconut Woes

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Unless you have coconuts equipped or spend the horrible time equipping un-equipping to interact with npcs, control point gates, equip you weapon or burn an additional skill set slot for equipped coconuts they always chase you down.

It is tedious and cumbersome to not be able to interact with NPC's, Gates, Boats, Wagons etc with coconuts equipped. In addition having to manually equip them in lieu of a weapon is a pain. HOTKEY FOR COCONUTS 2016!

The aggro range on these encounters should be much smaller so you can circumvent them reasonably. Without coconuts if they move to you, they gonna get you without coconuts.

moko, Time Lord, Numa and 4 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the swiftness light armor skill does apply to the overland map. it won't guarantee an escape, but it increases your chances.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

Aye and dash and coconuts do to, but they were touted as being optional, they don't feel optional without specific builds or equipment right now, even a wide berth doesn't seem to work.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Lace

Lace Avatar

And I do like doing them fyi, just not when I am focused on a target destination in a timely fashion.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Good to know, thank you.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I've found that as long as they're not looking in my direction I can get very close to them without them triggering... maybe their field of vision needs to be adjusted a bit? Also, do they take into account terrain/trees/rocks for their LoS calculations when deciding if to pursue or not?

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I don't find coconuts a problem when I have them as a slot I can quickly change my equipment and deck with the "t" key (I think it is "T" that changes that, if not then whatever key that is).

When I need to interact with the coconuts on I just use the mouse and take the coconut out of my hand, cursor over the object (like a door), and press the "E" key. Let go and the coconut goes back to my hand.

I have not found any problems by using the above techniques.

I think having a coconut key is one step away from ? And ! Over NPC heads. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.