1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 1: Nightmares of Novia

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

*squints* is that Ardoris?

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Don't worry everyone. We will make preparations to defend this ground, when the time comes.
    Someone could bring the beer, though.

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

We tried to keep spoilers to a minimum by cropping the name out....sorry @Cerus

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

*points at the cherry trees and shogun style rowhouses* that is clearly only one place in all of Novia. Celestis and Solania could also be a guess, but Solania does not field ships that big and Celestis does not have row housing near its docks.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Aye, was the cherry tree that gave it away.
    I've been cutting branches off of those trees for months ...tried the Solania, Celestis, and Ardoris vareties...trying to plant Saplings at home in Rinzai, but I guess the air is too dry for them.
    I knew right where to look for such trees as a result.

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The elegant pirate is suddenly startled by the “Dragon”s executive officer and priest Razulah.

“Captain; the seashells spoke the truth. The Obsidian Lord is turning all of Novia against us and blame strange sightings on our release of the Primal Magic”.

“Hoist the lines Razulah, if they want to find us let them but it will be out at sea. Maybe the Obsidian Lord himself will come out of hiding and show his face”.

The mighty pirate galleon called the “Dragon” heads out of Serenite towards open waters and any unfortunate ships who dare cross its path.

R/Boris/El Pirata

7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

It wouldn't be that far fetched for a pirate to be in league with the Obsidians...

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Anything is possible with pirates yet this one has a history going back before his arrival in Novia of being against them. His history goes back to the original series "The Elegant Pirate" in the Fire Lotus Tavern Library Forum. This series are reflections of a Naval Officer candidate turned Pirate and his dislike for both authority and the Obsidians. R/Boris/El Pirata

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

So it came, that a few Avatars tried to find the location they saw in the crystal orb.
    And others also got an eye on it ;)
    And rumors told, also a wellknown pirate sailed to a wellknown harbor ...

... an early morning, the sun came up ...
    And the wellknown town beggar jumped into the harbor tavern of the south wind and yelled: "Fast! Give me a drink, Draulius!"
    "What's up? The first time for years I see you in such a hurry!"
    "Well, Avatars from everywhere are coming!"
    Draulius thought, the poor beggar started very early to drink this day.
    "Don't fear, brother! They are just those outlander, visiting our nice town, like every day. They won't hurt you!"
    "I know that! I receive at least 100 coins a day from those jerks, thinking I am a poor beggar."
    Draulius smiled. "So why are you in such a hurry?"
    "Gimme 10 beer and 10 ale and I will tell you."
    Draulius shrugged and handed the 20 bottles to him.
    "And NOW, tell me."
    The beggar put the bottles in his backpack, the coins for the bottles on the counter and said, making his special gesture:
    "Well, one glass for a thursty beggar - for free?"
    Draulius rolled his eyes, filled a glass and gave it to him.
    The beggar took the glass, watched it a few seconds and drank it very slow ...
    "Tell me!", Draulius said impatient.
    The beggar put the glass - with a burp - back on the counter.
    "Listen, what I say: hundreds of them are coming. The harbor is flooded by them!"
    "What? What are you talking about, Jude?"
    "Have a look, friend.", Jude answered while dancing a hula moving close to the door.
    Draulius walked fast to the door, opened it and stopped immediately.
    "Oh my gosh!", he shouted. "Hundreds! All over the harbor! They must came from far away and ..."
    "They must be very", he started and turned around, looking in the face of the smiling beggar.
    "... very very thirsty ;)", Jude finished the sentence.
    "You old rascal!", Draulius said, taking the chalk from behind his counter and writing an "0" behind the current prices on the price board.
    "I knew, you would do that.", beggar Jude said and left the tavern.
    "Where are you going now?", Draulius asked.
    "Visiting Peladjar Inn, of course."
    "Why that?", Draulius scratched his head.
    "To get another 20 bottles for the price of yesterday, and hopefully, the price we will have again in a few days, when all those drunken outlander left our nice town!"
    Draulius laughed, shouting behind the leaving beggar: "There is no business like Jude business!"

Draulius and Jude knew nothing about the danger which was lurking around. More and more outlander arrived ...
    While drinking the most expensive ale and beer of their life, they were waiting for the announced terrifying beasts, which would appear very soon to spread fear ...

But, that's another story ...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  10. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Bah, You hunt the Obsidians? They are no more. While you search for a myth , a folk tale, a fable, I'll tell you, all that remains is me, Obsidian Tempest. Collector of Skulls, Curator of Heraldry, Keeper of Dungeons and Governor of Rift's End. When you've completed your "fools-errand" meet me in Rift's End for an ale and we can laugh together. I'll buy the first round.

11. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Obsidian Tempest of course, you're probably right. I think I will take you up on that drink!

12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Far out at sea the "Dragon" sailed with a following wind heading towards Ardoris. Two days out at sea and Razulah approached Boris with a somber look.

"Captain, we must consult the seashells for guidance as I had a dream of a large Obsidian fleet leaving an unseen port and heard their voices speak of controlling all the major Novian ports."

Boris nodded in agreement and both men sat down barefoot on a large straw mat. Razulah brought out the bag containing the sacred seashells and began his incantations. The Primal Magic gods were summoned to speak through the sixteen shells which were dropped onto the mat. Razulah saw the number that landed face up and it was the number 8. He dropped them again and the same number came up.

*Captain, this "reading" speaks of a man who can build and empire with his hands yet destroy it with his feet. So long as you keep focused and do not let the power and glory get the best of you the gods will favor you. It is an omen that can be a two edged sword so beware for the day you feel you are the pirate king is the day of your downfall".

Boris looked at his friend and smiled. He stood up and looked at the sea seeking the Sea Goddess' wisdom in this crucial moment of his life.

*I come from you and back to you I will go the day this life ends. give me strength and wisdom to follow the signals I receive from the sacred seashells. We will follow the ladder into Chaos if necessary and do our part to save Novian humanity from the grasp of the Obsidian Lord and his minions".

"Razulah, send out the black seagulls to the other Captains, we must gather a formidable fleet to face those with the silver sails and black fist".

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Ok, so now we have an approximate time and a likely location for the arrival of our "guests".

Unfortunately, I will be unable to be in game at the time of the event :( (well, at least not at the start but maybe I can catch some of it depending on how long it lasts.)

14. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    It was almost November. December 1st was coming closer. The day many humans were concerned about. The virtuous Avatars of the Order of Chivalry were the first ones to find the images from the crystal orb and determine Ardoris as the most suspicious place. Strange things were happening there lately. There was even rumor about pirate ships that were seen by some sailors close to the shore of Ardoris. But well, who knows. Perhaps this was just a seeman's yarn or a tale told by a drunken beggar...

And so, Ardoris was inhabited by various Avatars who began to monitor the situation. Their presence was a relief to the citizens of Ardoris. But for somebody else, it was a thorn in the eye. Apparently there were some people lurking in the shadows, and they did not like this attention at all.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: Individual Avatars who participate here might be affected occessionally by the GM involving them ingame. If that happens, the affected Avatar can decide to involve other Avatars by sharing this openly with the Community in this thread or keep it for themselves (or informa a limited group of people). Any action being done (or not done) might influence the continuation of the story.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Shimizu sits soaking in the Rinzai spa drinking a glass of perennial red; a slightly crumped letter lies discarded on the edge of the pool. She takes a sip of wine, glares at the paper, then sets her glass down and submerges. When she comes back up for air, the paper is frustratingly still sitting there. She uncrumples it and reads it again, then sets it down, and sighs. The text at the bottom of the page where it says "from the Obsidian Messenger" in fine calligraphy feels both exciting and forbidden.

[​IMG]

She continues to glare at the letter. Being unsure what to do with it, the best course of action seemed to drink wine and have a bath. However, no answers waited at the bottom of the bottle.

"Anzha," she shouts to the waiting attendant, "Fetch me an inkwell and paper?"
    "Right away, mistress."

The serving girl returns hastily with the inkwell, as well as a robe and towel, having learned to anticipate such requests.
    Shimizu dons the robe and begins to fashion a reply to the strange message, in careful runic.

"Bring this to the town crier, and have him return it to whoever sent..." she gestures at the crumpled letter "...that."

Not really expecting a reply, Shimizu stares up at the desert sky and wonders if she will attend the rendezvous requested by the stranger. The hour draws close....

[​IMG]

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

"Captain, there 2 sloops with the Silver sails and black fist close to the Ardoris harbor." One-Eyed Jack smiled from the crows nest as he did his job.

Boris looked at Razulah and both men grinned as this was too easy as usual from the intellectually challenged obsidian navy. The 'Dragon came up slowly behind the obsidian sloops turning portside and anchoring there within 100 meters from them. Those sloops got into Ardoris Harbor but would not get out. Razulah approached Boris with last minute preparations.

"Captain: The crew is ready and at any signal of movement from those obsidian ships will unleash hell on them, It will be over quickly".

"Brother, when it happens ,send two longboats in as we will plunder anything of value before the ships sink. We take no prisoners".

Boris lowered himself into the water and quickly swam to shore. He knew the area well and would await the arrival of the Obsidians from the shadows.

R/Boris/El Pirata

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Anzha left to do her mistress' bidding.
    A reply to the letter did indeed come, and it came swiftly. She rushes to return to the spa to bring the response.

[​IMG]

The sound of hurried footsteps on sandstone wakes Shimizu suddenly. Apparently, she'd dozed off in the spa again.
    Quickly donning her attire, she stepped out into sun-dappled patio and sat waiting to see what news was arriving.

[​IMG]

"Another reply from the mysterious stranger?" Shimizu asks, taking the paper.
    She reads it, frowning.
    "Thank you Anzha. I will discuss with Scoffer....he said he got another strange letter, too."

She turns the letter over in her hands....
    [​IMG]

Letter from ...Maeva?

Who...or what....was Maeva?

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

.....Later that night......

Shimizu contemplates the choice presented in the letter.
    It seemed perhaps this is something she could consult some higher wisdom on, but the ancestors were silent.

[​IMG]

Anzha of course, was no help, terrified as she was of her own shadow.
    Just a few days remained until a decision would need to be made, one way or the other.
    Scoffer would return soon from the mines...she resolved to bring it up with him as soon as he did.
    If we are going to accept this meeting, we'd need to leave fairly soon....

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris headed directly towards the Tailor in Ardoris. Christoph Schneider greeted him and knew the Captain well, Many exotic goods had been smuggled into this town by him.

"My friend; I need some fresh attire as mine is a bit under the weather" Boris grinned as Christoph led him to his locker.

"Captain; nothing but the finest attire in all of Novia for the Elegant Pirate". He opened up a wardrobe dresser and pointed for Boris to pick his choice. He picked the fine leather garb finely stitched in his favorite colors, Black and Red.

"This will do just fine Christoph". He gave the man a pouch filled with gold and asked him to have his battle attire cleaned and ready for tonight.

He headed toward the tavern and handed the drunken beggar outside the tavern a few gold coins as he usually did at very town he frequented. Boris had a source of information throughout Novia. The poor, orphans and widows never went hungry in Novia as long as the Elegant Pirate was alive. This was an oath sworn in blood from the day of his arrival in this strange land.

"Captain, there is a woman who entered the tavern with a small retinue of armed men, Be careful with her as she is as suspicious as she is exotic". The beggar winked at Boris knowing his reputation with the ladies of the realm.

He stepped into the tavern heading towards the bar counter with the swagger of a man who owned the land and was met by the bartender. "Captain Mondragon" your table is ready as always and I have the most exquisite spiced rum known to Novia at your disposition."

Boris headed towards his reserved table and unslung his broadswords which he placed within reach behind him against the chair. He was about to pour a shot of rum when the bartender approached him with another bottle.

"Captain; The lady over there sent this to you". He looked at the bottle and recognized it as one of the few Obsidian rums talked about but seldom seen nowadays.

He looked up and saw this goddess heading towards him. The milky white skin, jet black hair and the way she swayed in this deadly provocative way that would have frozen any man on this continent was devastating. He kept his demeanor, stood up and pulled out a chair for this angelic apparition. She smiled as her light blue eyes concentrated on him as a predator seeking its prey.

Boris poured a glass of rum for her and introduced himself. "I am Captain Boris Mondragon milady, who may you be?"

The woman smiled mischievously at him. I may tell you my name and I may not. I am all you have ever desired since you entered adulthood. Time will tell where this conversation leads. She held up her glass and his glass met hers in a brief toast.

Boris was enthralled by her beauty and sophistication. "Milady may this conversation lead to what we both want and desire, I am at your service".

20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, well, the bad news is... my calculations were incorrect. It's Saturday, around 2:30 PM server time and the in-game date is November 4, 550 PC.

The good news is, I didn't miss the event as I thought I was going to. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.