Rules for PVP Tournaments

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Belladonna Rose, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Is there a standard set of rules for pvp tournaments set in place. I guess what i am asking is ...
    1. basic armor
    2. restrictions on spells
    3. standard weapons

I am thinking that if you sign up for tournament you will have to comply with the standard set up. X amount of reagents allowed. Standard 'newbie' armor and weapons.
    I would say specific magic schools not allowed....as well...ummm Death would pretty much not make it even playing field..but then again pvp isnt about being even as much as getting even.
    My point of this is that you will be going on skill not your armor/weapons and such.
    Take away the uber stuff and lets see who can stand their ground

Hope that makes sense
    Also i thought would be neat to use gustball fields as tournament grounds. But i guess towns would have to be open pvp towns...so that wouldnt work.
    Just throwing out some thoughts here. LOL

Sir_Michael and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Sounds more like the hunger Games than PVp tbh lol

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Could we have some decoration objects that prevent certain skills to work nearby.
    That would be one way to enforce rules.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree. I have addressed this (almost) exact topic in the past. I had my suggestion in the form of RP/PvP though. It ties in very closely to what you are asking here. We just need the tools to be able to do this. I talked about structured pvp in the way of guild wars and how you could set up permissions though a context menu when you "warred" another guild. This would pretty much go hand in hand what your asking for in your tournaments. I can go more into detail if you want but am at work right now. PM me if you want a bit more of what I am suggesting.

Belladonna Rose and Sir_Michael like this.
  5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

The Virtue League, a weekly PvP tournament is this evening, starting our 6th, 3 month season. We hold the tournament in Virtue Oasis which is NOT a PvP zone. We do that since we had too many instances of thievery from the audience while conducting the tournament in our PvP town. Just this season we have changed our rule set such that we now have 3 divisions. Division A will allow all artifacts and potions. Our only restriction will be that no casted buffs may be applied prior to the start of a fight. The other divisions, in which fighters will be separated by skill level will not allow artifacts or potions. Still no casted buffs prior to the start of a fight. We have no other restrictions on armor or skill tree. We're always looking for new fighters that want to come display their skills. No entry fee to fight and our community sponsors have made is so we can provide prizes. Come watch. We always have a great time. Fights start at 7:30 PM server time in Virtue Oasis each Wednesday evening. And yes, as @HogwinHD shows in his signature, he has been our grand champion 3 of the first 5 seasons. Come knock him off the pedestal. Contact @Jade in-game if you would like a copy of the just published Season 6 Rule Book.

Belladonna Rose and Jade like this.
  6. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

i disagree with those rules, magery buld need gear with att bonus

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Basically i was asking if there were such structured tourneys. This is good to know. I have been to a couple tournaments back when i first started and they were in pvp towns. So totally understand the need to secure the audience from being picked through. LOL.Wasnt sure how pvp was implemented outside a pvp zone. If you flag pvp do you have the option to unflag. As i dont want to be perm pvp flagged. I am still unclear how all that works. But was just a thought.
    I was thinking more in terms of Joust Tournaments if that makes sense....yes we dont have horses but there are other things in those type of tournaments...archery , weapons fights and such. WOuld be nice if we could do seasonal festivals with these type of contests for all to participate

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All the rules for PVP tournaments should be set by the individual running it. I do understand what your getting at here, but that would be one "type" of tournament. Which in the past i have done, i had set a preliminary fights, then based on the individual fighter, put them in certain groups where the competition was on a more even playing feild. I had prizes for all 3 levels of PVP as well.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

in a non pvp area you can request a dual with one other person, you and that person will be able to fight each other, without being flagged pvp. If your having teams then both teams will have to go flag PVP at your nearest Oracle establishment:p, then you will be open to other pvp attacks and thivery. EVL does run a decent event it is worth checking out.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.