#SaveOurMines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

SUCK IT ... UM I don't do that.

SAVE OUR MINES .. say no to the fluff they are replacing them with!

2. Lace

Lace Avatar

So while Tennesee Earnie Ford did this song .. you cannot deny the man in black in Johnny Cash.

Don't sell your soul to the company store. RISE UP AGAINST PORT and the their EGREGIOUS mine changes (as in mines no longer exist)
    Johnny Cash was for the common man aka us .. RISE UP!

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think this is actually a deep question.

Star really went into it in the post mortem about how they want the game to be a balance. The mines were NOT intended to be a safe mining spot, and it sure sounded to me like there is no intention to make the game *pure crafter* able..
    He said they clearly wanted the mines to be Adventure zones. Which implies that gathering is mixed in with adventuring 100%. And because of a capless system, gatherers/adventurers will become crafters as well (no reason not too) this will lead to a flooding of more weapons then being used.. meaning you will never be able to buy mats, then work them, and resell them for a realistic profit.

The only cases of this happening are really, really high end stuff, in which the *master crafters* are players that are able to harvest/farm with incredible ease, and have pushed their skills to the peak.
    And this is after dumping TONS of money buying raw mats to get the initial skill up past the average player.

I think them making* pure mines* to spport un interupted mining, goes against the way they see the whole system.

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

Our current mines are t5 and many have to level up to even break the clasp to survive there as it is now. There are no T2, T3, T4 mines .. you alaredy have to be high adventure level to mine whether crafter or miner .. So this already exists .. what the new stuff is .. is just yet another adventure zone of which we have what 100 .. boring!.

IMHO

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

When I play Drag Queen Bingo there is a consolation prize called "Bag of S(i%": that is the new mines to me no matter how pretty they are. Just saying.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Nice, I feel the same way about the pvp and the decay system! #skillcapsftw

7. Lace

Lace Avatar

I am planning on a 6 hour personal protest on next telethon regardless of their fixed wheel of discounts. I am that ticked on the lackluster design and usage from the mine uncloning (They are fine but not a mine just yet another t5 zone .. scoff). Join me in monetary protest if you dare!

#SaveOurMines

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok well I was mining at crag mine tonight and it was not fun even though the scene was redone a while ago I believe. I was fighting 3 ghosts at a time and sometimes a skeleton.

So I'm not opposed to the plans to make the mines adventure scenes. They are fantastic. I love minecarts we get to ride and all the fun things to do. What I am opposed to is the lack of ore there. All the hidden alcoves and not one piece of ore to find in so many of them. And not even secret discoveries to entice us to explore further.

I get irritated about the economy excuse for not letting this be a fun game. Let us live in this game and play, and so what if someone gets a little too much ore or whatever. Find another way to make not getting too much ore or anything in this game worth it. Ideas? It is a mistake the way it is being done.

This is supposed to be a Richard garriott game. We need to explore and discover and some need to grind ore and other things, even quest grinders are amongst us. :) @Devs @Lord British2, don't forget reason to play. Lack of resources with no rewards system turns people away.

We can help come up with alternative ideas that make the game fun. We really want the success of this game. Add ore please and also more discoveries in the hidden alcoves. Just fighting is not fun for everyone. It makes the game one sided and limiting to all types of players, which we are.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thank Ya Sister you said it better than I could without biting my tongue.

uhop, Vaiden Luro, K1000 and 6 others like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol I was ranting a bit;). But totally we get awesome new scenes with an empty feeling to them. We want it all this includes the ore and everything.

My suggestion to the devs is go through all the scenes in the game and go crazy adding ore and discoveries everywhere. Then get the achievement system in and daily quests for crafting, daily quests, PvP quests that give criminal points, fishing dailies and contest, and reasons to venture forth. It is not just for NUE it is for all of us waiting for it. Otherwise we have emptiness in this game, go crazy making it. We don't need parental guidance;) oops ok I'm done now I think for now;)@berek please pass the word ok.
    Edited again. Oops I'm on my phone with big fingers;)

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And they never have been .
    I can tell that you don't mine a lot, @MrBlight
    The mines have always had mob spawn, and a considerable amount of it.
    What they've done to Serpents Spine Mine is make it a new, different scene to visit - but once and that's it.
    No "miners" will go there to get iron, as it is simply NOT worth the effort.
    Period !
    End of story.

12. zeme

zeme Avatar

Change the mines they're too easy, great work Portalarium! I've mined 4000 silver ore in the past few days with this upcoming change on the way to stockpile it and... I can assure everyone it's not fun content ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The reason that you generally can't buy materials, craft it into something, and sell at a profit, doesn't have much to do with the supply of the materials or lack of skill caps. It's really more a matter of utility. Copper can be used to make every single piece of heavy armor and every melee weapon. If you have some copper and you make it into an item, the number of people that have a use for that item is much, much smaller than the number of people that have a use for copper. Add to this the fact that the market is flooded with enchantment failure items that are being sold at a loss, and it's not hard to see why for-profit crafting generally isn't a thing.

mass and Hornpipe like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I can't see how you can get 4000 ore of any kind. My wrist is aching getting my measly 300 from Elysium that took hours.) That's a lot of work;) it should not be this unfun.

Boris Mondragon, Kaisa, zyxe and 6 others like this.
  15. zeme

zeme Avatar

Yea I think the real problem here isn't the grind, but like what if we made it down to the bottom of a dungeon and then there was a *super rock* instead of mining all these tiny rocks mindlessly... and you can only mine it once and you have a chance at phat loot along with hundreds of silver ore from it.

Still the same amount of time to get silver, more engaging and less mind numbing. Still have the mind numbing way to do it and maybe even make it better but just have more options for engagement is the core issue.

16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

And seriously, I'm surprised to see kobolds staying in this mine. Even those would not have interest in being there when it's about mining. Here you have what ? thirty iron nodes ? just not enough for one plain iron plate armor...

I would like to point out that the new mines are multiplayer instances when the old ones were solo/party instances. And it would have been real progress if the number of veins had grown proportionaly with the size of the mine, one way or another. But yet, everyone will stay in solo/party instances now because not only ores are lacking, but they would have to be shared in multiplayer mode...

And then, by reducing access to metals, this will penalize more those who have not had time to enjoy the old mines and train their producer skills, which is a shame in my opinion.

17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

forget I said anything... :D please continue

18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

While these changes are bad for us older players, we have at least had the times when they did dish out a lot more ore, although not enough even then/now for the massive requirements needed to increase master working/enchanting without being a full time mushroom.

Now imagine if you are a new player starting post changes and enter the game wanting to be a crafter, there is no chance unless they have 96 hrs in a day, a mechanical wrist and the patience of a saint that they will ever get the skills needed high enough to make a viable crafter whose wares would be bought by other players.

Meaning older players keep their high position in the crafting chain ( albeit they have to work exceedingly hard to raise it any higher due to lack of resources themselves)and new players will be forever having to buy from, not an attractive scenario for new players or for the demographic of the players in the game as all that will play is the lucky few that got here first and made hay while the sun shone.

19. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Yes but your mining level is almost 125 and meticulous is 117. Try to do that without any obsidian potion and no level, like any new player generaly have to (if they can survive the mines inhabitant of course)... Then, try to imagine the pain if theyhave to do that in Serpent Mines.

20. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I did, a long time ago and I died many times, but I just kept pushing forward until I was able to survived the mines... if they make the mines easier to mine then I'll be happy because it means more ores for me to sell to everyone but please don't dismiss the hard work I put into getting those levels... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.