skill bag

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Dorham Isycle, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

It was mentioned in a few vids that before the battle you could choose what skill set you would use in that battle, once selected that was all to choose feom in that battle.so what happens. Excuse me Mr. Pk, let me get my skills bag setup first.

2. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

The idea is interesting but I can just see it being used as an excuse in pvp to why someone died. "You are lucky I had my crafting skills active and not my PvP skills"

It will be interesting to see how they implement this and intend to balance it. To me it just seems like a way to decrease the uniqueness of ones character because you no longer have to dedicate yourself to one build.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

They will probably give us a list of 2 or more slots pre-set skills you want to use, and one can be the default that will be active until you activate another. I doubt you will have to select them from scratch every time you go into combat, but it might be good to have the option to do that though.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

This is a big concern of mine as well. I hope they release their thoughts on how this is going to work, so we aren't left in the dark on this any longer.

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I dont like the idea of having PvE vs PvP skills. And included with in this is anything where "in order to kill boss x before he enrages, i need to max dps and somehow have my character built in such a way that before leaving town that I have no CC or survivability skills equipt." RIFT was like this. WoW changed the way they do talent trees in 5.x (Panda) to be much less like this than before.

I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to see a system where 1) you choose a stance and 2) you then have 4 active combat skill buttons. Perhaps someone not well trained in a dagger would have only one stance, but another might be able to throw daggers or enter stealth and backstab or whatever. Either way, you'd always have 4 active skills plus the ability to switch stance if available plus the ability to switch weapons.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

have you ever considered that DPS may not be all that goes into combat. There is a whole part of PvP that UO had that i think some of the other games didn't. In UO you could time your strikes and keep moving till it was time to strike again.

The stick and move. DPS is good if you stand next to a person all the time. I had a mace fighter in UO that did great in PvP, but could not keep up in DPS at all. However I rarely lost one on one. It wasn't just the damage he did, but maces did damage to armor. When the breast plate blew off or the shield was destroyed I switched to my warhammer and finished the guy. Up to that point I did a lot of stick and move and healing manouvers.

I don't think we ought to worry too much about this system. Be flexible, and try not to worry for no reason.

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The way I see it is the skill bag would be like a bag full of cards that you setup on your character before battle and they will come out as a hand to use in battle...this harkens back to the card systems they have been talking about.

They have mentioned a few times to think Dominion the card game and others like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.