Solo Adventure XP fun and efficient farming spots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shearson, May 15, 2023.

1. Shearson

Shearson Avatar

Preface: Hi all, this is Snorri/Dvalin Olaffson in game here. I know UO/SOTA are based around role-playing and theme, but I also enjoy min/maxing and efficiency in RPGs/MMOs, so to me, this is a fun aspect of these games.

I made an alt a few weeks ago and realized how spoiled I was to start my main in January in the midst of 2XP and had groups galore to join. What are some of your solo adventure experience farming spots? From searching the forums here I saw mentioned that people seem to think it is easy to hit the XP cap solo, but I certainly have no idea how to achieve that, and that wasn't the purpose of the threads where I saw it mentioned. Right now the best I can think of are the Troll's Bridge for the daily and easily knocking the low HP trolls down, and then the Tenebris Harbor infinite spawning pirates at the docks. My alts adventure level is only 53 right now, but I do have him completely twinked out and working on Fire/Air/Light Armor/Archer/Tamer build.

Tirrag likes this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings! i think you will get a lot of different answers depending on level and build. some of the places i send lower level players to gain XP on their own:

Kobold Expeditionary Camp / Naryad Woods - fast respawn and great loot, especially if you sell drops to a tag match vendor. be sure to bust all barrels and crates as there are several arties to be had.

Deep Ravenswood - if you are just after XP, stick to the spider area. fast respawn and lots of mobs. if you harvest the corpses, spiders give quite a few valuable items that could then be sold.

Elysium Mines / Etceter Crag Mines - mining is a great way to make adventure XP plus get the added benefit of crafting XP and a hot commodity to sell (silver/gold ore). gems also sell well to NPCs so mine those for extra gp. the key is meticulous which gives you adventure XP.

Spectral Mines (Archlapin Caves area) - when the Archlapin is sleeping it gives lower level XP farmers a great place to gain XP. combat the lepus zombie waves in the Archlapin caves.

Sequanna Colossus (Shrine of Love wave battle) - a great wave battle to gain XP and loot.

East Sanctus Forest - this one may be a bit tougher for you, but the naughty brats have long been sought for their rewarding XP

there are many more places so hopefully more suggestions will come! i am sure though you will find at least one of the above worth your time :) safe travels!

some people can for sure in certain areas, but they are also very highly skilled. don't be discouraged if you can't yet replicate their success. getting the skill levels that allow solo attenuation takes a long, long while. SotA is best served in groups (IMHO). start up an adventure XP group in LFG and advertise in Universe. i am also always up for an adventure so feel free to reach out to me directly (see my alts) when i am on. i have taken several players out on XP adventures of late :)

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    Fei Akhart, Anpu, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not easy to achieve that and only certain builds can really get there. Tamers can do it and fire mages can do it but both of those take a lot of time, work and experience to get to that point.

Cordelayne, Vero and Tirrag like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Shearson
    When you wrote:
    What exactly do you mean by "XP cap" ?
    Are you referring to what's called "Attenuation" per hr ?
    If you are, then please know that it is NOT easy for any solo player to achieve this.
    In fact, I know of NO player in SotA who can do it alone.

Duke Gréagóir and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally know of several.

7. Shearson

Shearson Avatar

First, thanks for all of the responses!

@ConjurerDragon
    I was more looking for an active way of grinding/farming, but I should definitely make a route for my alt doing all of the quick ones that just require turn-ins. This should be a good way for me to get started with ~300k a day for:

1) Paintings (Ardoris)
    2) More paintings (Ardoris)
    3) Coffin (Spite)
    4) Toenails (Tenebris Harbor)
    5) Spindelskog Rune
    6) Tanglemire x2

@Tirrag
    Great suggestions Tirrag! I just gave the Naughty Brats a go in East Sanctus Forest this evening and they were really easy to mow down, but they didn't spawn very fast. Is it best to run as a circuit or is a specific spot the best to camp?

Elysium Mines - Trying to keep crafting on my main since I have a good start on him and there is no way I can mine on two characters in one game, haha. And are you sure you get adventure XP from meticulous mining? I assume it is the same across skinning/harvest/etc. then?

Spectral Mines - I just farmed the Easter Bunny to make an Epic necklace sooooo I am kind of over that area for a while, haha.

Going to give the Love Shrine wave battle and Deep Ravenswood a go tomorrow night.

@FrostII
    Yes, I do mean what people generally refer to as "attunement" (I believe this is a mistype in-game or dyslexia) or "attenuation" in-game. I personally don't like this word for hitting the experience cap as attunement, to me, is grinding for faction rep in WoW and attenuation is for measuring ethernet strength. ;)

FBohler says in this thread he hits it in less than 30 minutes solo as an archer (and Barugon learns from him in this thread ;)):
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/archery.174130/#post-1356089

So that is actually what I was referencing without going further back in search results.

@Barugon
    What do you think is a ballpark adventure level/skill level/whatever measurable level to get attenuation (14M XP/hr)? Especially wondering on Taming tree skill levels/attunement and Fire tree skill levels/attunement. And I saw mentioned melee is kind of hindered in this regard, any truth to that? What maximum do you think could be attained as a melee adventurer?

FrostII, Anpu and majoria70 like this.
  8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

it is best to run in a circuit. be sure to go behind and in all buildings where Krampus spawns. there are several that spawn in and around the buildings but wont if you dont get close to them. the circuit runs in/around the Krampus area and two paths down the hill in a bit of a V.

it also sounds like you may be a bit more powerful for a few of my suggestions. you might give these a try and see how you do:

Ruined Keep - naughty trolls need love too! lots of more powerful trolls to slay here with decent XP and loot.

Tartarus - a longtime favorite of fire mages, there are crazy amounts of fast spawning (and moving!) zombies to kite and burn here, though you will need to find the secret door to the lower levels first. be careful as these zombies consume focus when they bite and will move really fast at lower HP if you get close. directions to one of the main zombie rooms to XP farm: from the secret door, descend into the depths. go North at the first intersection. West at the next intersection and and North at the end of that hall to enter the zombie room. dont be afraid to try! you never know how powerful you are until you give it a whirl :) one of caltrops, ice field, lightning storm, or psalm of stagnation is recommended to keep them manageable.

yes and yes :) when you loot the node after successful meticulous you will see extra XP in the loot. those are what provide the adventure XP. it is the same for a successful meticulous on any harvesting node.

keep us updated on your adventures!

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  9. Vero

Vero Avatar

There are quite allot of builds which can solo Attunuate (15mill/hour). Some very fast, some take longer.

a few examples (without x2 xp)
    - Tamer builds can solo ATT (45min range) in the Breach
    - Archers builds can solo ATT (30min range) in Spindle
    - Firemages can solo ATT (20-25min range) in Myrkur
    - Earthmages can solo ATT (45min range) in the Rise

Requireres decent build, knowledge of deck and some practice. It's not very simple but it's not that hard either ;)

More examples of builds/scenes to give.. but these are the builds of fellow players i know who are doing these runs often.

I prefer firemage builds and Myrkur, solo without x2 xp it's taking me 25ish min. Lowest AL guy who i have seen do it was AL110 when he learned the run and started practicing.

Xee, StarLord, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I can't achieve attenuation solo at AL 135. I can get about 7 mil per hour. With double XP, that would at least be close (attenuation is actually a little over 15 mil). Can't count on double XP though as it seems to not be a thing now.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

as an earth mage, i would be curious of the technique used :)

12. Vero

Vero Avatar

Checking said Earthmage if i can connect you with him for Attunuation run deck/build/tactics etc. ;)

Tirrag likes this.
  13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

appreciated :)

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think for most builds there's a pretty big difference between the best loot farms and the best xp spots.

For loot, I've always liked setting out with a big stack of teleport to zone scrolls and cycling through every worthwhile boss and decent loot spot that I can handle. I like the variety, and it's kind of fun to try to manage a bunch of different configurations on the fly as quickly as possible. It can get you rich pretty quick, and it's also nice to have a use for large quantities of scrolls, since crafting them is pretty easy producer xp. Another nice thing is that it's also easy to keep track of how much you've done, because you can just look at how many scrolls you have left.

Vero, Anpu, Tirrag and 1 other person like this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I know a hand full that can including myself when I am trying to beat my records. But correct not many people can do it solo, those people are like the 1% haha.

What you play @Barugon ?

Tirrag likes this.
  16. Shearson

Shearson Avatar

I would be very interested as well! My main is AL120 and has a decent bit of Earth to go with my Paladin playstyle and build.

[​IMG]

I have thousands of scrolls from GMing everything in the Crafting tab, so that isn't an issue. Can you provide the circuit you enjoy traveling with bosses like this? On my main I have been doing Troll's Bridge > Tenebris Harbor > Spindelskog Normal > Tanglemire for all of the easy daily quests. But these are not exactly bosses, just decent daily rewards.

Tirrag likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I believe that is a much higher number than 1%.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Based on what, @Anpu ?

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My own personal observations. We shall just leave it at that.

20. Shearson

Shearson Avatar

I cheated a bit, I used my main with AL120 instead of the alt at AL53 to scope out the locations as I do not have many locations on fast travel yet. I didn't see a Krampus...but now I want to, haha!

Ruined Keep - I think my DPS on my main (melee Paladin type build remember) is quite low as it takes a bit to take out the 8k HP trolls, but I have not been paying attention to how much XP they are worth each. I know the keep itself has gobs of mobs, but I can get overwhelmed here if my pet goes buck wild on aggro. Is this the popular part of Ruined Keep? If so, I just need to get better at crowd control and moving. I have never used a caltrop or any CC in SotA, soooo I should probably work on that. :D

Tartarus - Just spent about 30-40 minutes exploring this area but did not find the secret door to follow your directions to the zombies. Gobs of elves to mow down though and tons of stuff to pick up for salvaging, so this is a pretty solid area in itself. I will give it a whirl again to try out the zombies. I have my Nightmare pet with me, so that should be good on the zombies with fire AoE.