Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some Humble Suggestions for the Devs from Release 4 Playthrough.

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Miganarchine, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

1: Inventory, Drag multiple items automatically, If I wish to split them I double click, As I found it annoying to keep having to select how many I wanted first.

2: 2D map, Zoom out and rotate function.

3: Backstab dodge and roll in combat.

4: Able to wear cosmetic outfits whilst keeping our Armour on, So we can look different to other players.

5: More clever ways to get the upper hand on enemies in dungeons through intelligent level design, IE higher areas to get to to snipe, traps bombs etc. Stealth options to sneak in shadows.

6: Suggest that overall dungeon levels need to be bigger in size, IE more room to maneuver higher ceilings wider spaces between walls, levels felt cramped and old school, More space and grandeur overall. Multiple heights as above.

7: More flowers in outside areas. lets make it pretty!

8: Water enemies, Sharks or Crocodiles or whatever catches imagination, Not giants!

9: Target lock in combat so my toon keeps facing front when i Try to get behind enemy (like dark souls). Good Martial arts practice of thinking of opponent as a pole that you move around.

10: Good blocking skills.

11: Underwater swimming with reasons to do so, Secrets etc, In dungeons as well.

Well thanks SotA team it was fun! , I will update more if I think of them cheers for your hard work.

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I agree.

12: Don let us to get in a cave or dungeon directly from overland map. Contextualize them. It is important to know what are the surroundings of a particular dungeon.

monxter, Jatvardur, Siriustar and 2 others like this.
  3. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Agree. it's fun to find stuff, Disappointing to run round grass area with Vince to find no features or caves of interest, Give the player reason to explore, The Satyr area, Nice ruins but no crypt areas to find stuff and reward exploration.

4. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

Overall, I generally agreed and thought the OP was a great effort. I would like to echo some of the comments or offer a little more if I may. Bear in mind, that I am a role player and that will influence some of my commentary.

Understanding we are in development, please continue to develop this feature. It is tedious at times. The CONTROL function for singe item is useful and nice feature. I agree about more unstacking functionality. I think that what might be more intuitive and functional is to offer the current gump for LEFT CLICK with additional commands to modify the unstack function. That way, someone unfamiliar with the commands can get full functionality out of LEFT CLICK on a stack.

Possible Unstack commands:
    LEFT CLICK - Current gump to select number of items to unstack
    CONTROL + LEFT CLICK- One item from stack
    NUMPAD + LEFT CLICK - Unstack selected number of items (useful for repetitive recipes)
    SHIFT + LEFT CLICK - Select entire stack (i.e. to move it around)

An additional thought is to make it easier to stack items. I found some items difficult to stack (e.g. Animal Hides).

A tangential thought about stacking has to do with crafting stations. I would find it VERY useful if the CRAFT button would loop production until insufficient ingredients or tool charges were present when stacks of ingredients were placed on the table top. I think it is appropriate to require an exact amount of ingredients to learn a recipe. While additional unstacking functionality would make it less painful, laying out ingredients repetitively each time for crafting is tedious. It would be nice to lay out tongs, a bar mold, stack of coal, and stack of ore and craft as many bars as I have ingredients stacked on table top and my tool allows. It doesn't need to be instantaneous... if one crafted item takes five seconds, then five crafted items could take twenty five seconds. We could even hit the CRAFT button each time but the ability to put a stack of ingredients would make crafting much better in my opinion. Due to the nature of recipes, perhaps you could "prime" the station with a recipe first and then put stacks of the ingredients on the table top.

Not sure I understand the comment. Are you asking for a map in the scenes or are you asking for more functionality on the Overland Map? While I assume there will not be a radar map in the scenes, I would like to be able to purchase a map of a town from the guards or from merchants. Perhaps there could be a kiosks through out a city with a map posted. I think there are several ways that this could be addressed. A compass item could be very useful as well. I am not asking for godmoding functionality, just some simple tools that we have in the real life that would aid navigation.

+1 I think it is fine for there to be bottlenecks and other obstacles to maneuverability that can be used tactically in PvE and PvP but the general feel of the dungeons is cramped in my opinion which is acerbated by the perspective. If it were a top-down perspective, it would be fine. I understand that caves can be confined spaces, however, I think dungeons would be much more pleasant if they were more open.

The gamer in me says, "Sure"; however, the RPer in me adds, "Only if you hold your breath when underwater".

5. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

[quote="Not sure I understand the comment. Are you asking for a map in the scenes or are you asking for more functionality on the Overland Map? While I assume there will not be a radar map in the scenes, I would like to be able to purchase a map of a town from the guards or from merchants. Perhaps there could be a kiosks through out a city with a map posted. I think there are several ways that this could be addressed. A compass item could be very useful as well. I am not asking for godmoding functionality, just some simple tools that we have in the real life that would aid navigation..[/quote]

Yeah added functionality on the overland map, I mean they prob already plan to do this anyway.

6. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

12: Any chance to get the old bottles back from Ultima Underworld for health and Stamina, It was cooler and more tense to see it bubble and go green when you were poisoned.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.