Stretch Goals - Aggregated Suggestions (unofficial)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Lets just do ABILITY TO RENT ROOMS in our Houses. Making Inn's, Taverns, etc. Seen this request in a lot of places, i'm sure people have detailed systems much better so I'll just throw this simple idea. :)

Rental Contract:

It would be nice to do something like the following:

Click the Contract and set parameters: Length of time, Cost, # of Objects allocated to the room (from main house pool)
    then click an interior Door that leads to a room. Anything inside that room parent/child's to the current contract owner.
    I guess if you clicked the front door you could rent the entire house. As long as the contract is in play, the house owner
    cannot move, take, use anything in the contracted area but does have access to come in and view the property (spot check).

I'm sure there are some issues with not being able to sell a house with active contracts etc... but this is a basic plan.

majoria70, NirAntae and cs2501x like this.
  2. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

This was a really great reply--thanks!

choma juzi and Isaiah like this.
  3. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

I think that's the sentiments of many folks--and I'd say it's probably the way it'd happen, if it does happen. This is all unofficial. :) Hopefully though something interesting will come of it.

Miracle Dragon, coder1024 and Isaiah like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

This came from another thread regarding gypsy wagons, so I'll generalize it here: rentable lots.

Create an area in each village, town, or city that has a bunch of rentable lots of land. The number of rentable lots can vary by the size of the town or its backstory. It could be only a few rentable lots in a small village and a lot in a city, or vice versa. Perhaps remote villages have more open space for roaming gypsy wagons.

These are one-time rentable lots that are only good for as long as you're in the instance. There could be a short grace period just in case you are disconnected and did not physically exit the instance. If you leave the instance, the lot is freed up for someone else to rent.

These would be on a first-come, first-served basis. When someone exists the instance, the mobile "home" decays and is now freed up for someone else to "park" their wagon or tent.

What can you put on this rentable lot? Initially the discussion in that other thread centered around gyspy wagons and other mobile "homes". This would allow everyone in the game that doesn't own land (which is going to be 90% of the players) an opportunity, if only temporarily, to park their mobile "home" in a town. They could be doing this for RP or whatever.

I would also go so far as to say travelling merchants too, as another opportunity to create even more types of "vehicles" for players to buy.

The idea could be extended to tents, teepees, whatever! Get creative, but it should be of a temporary, mobile, pick-up-and-go-at-any-time nature. Parking real houses on temporary rentable lots should be strictly avoided / prohibited.

The idea could further be extended to have true campgrounds in the wilderness. The number of these could be extremely limited so as to not litter the landscape / overland map and they might offer zero to little protection, but people can even RP that factor.

Pros:
    - Gives everyone the opportunity to own a "home" if only temporarily so they can RP or whatever
    - People can pack up and move to other towns, again for RP purposes like travelling gypsies or hobo communities :)
    - Lowers the entry cost of owning a "home" even if it is only temporary
    - Is not instanced housing, as this is pack-up-and-go mobility, not magic permanent structures that holds infinite # of rooms
    - Does not litter the landscape or overland map as these are only in already planned villages, towns, cities (unless wilderness campgrounds are added, but even then those would be small in number)
    - Creates wonderful RP opportunities with roaming gyspy wagons, travelling merchants, etc.
    - Could be a huge money maker, such that now everyone can buy mobile "homes" or "vehicles" and not have to wait until land frees up which might be never and too costly

Cons:
    - Yep, new code to add to rent lots, but I'd say the infrastructure is already there with purchasing, taxes, and decay
    - Work required to expand existing towns to accommodate these rentable lots / "campgrounds"
    - If ideas are extended as above, work required to create campground POIs and the backstory behind them

I'm going to say the pros outweigh the cons and Portalarium could monetize this far easier than real estate. The barrier to entry is much lower and enables you to monetize everyone, not just land owners that only represent a small fraction of your user base.

People are primarily only going to buy a house when land is freed up that they can claim which is going to be a rare occurrence. Here, everyone can buy a wagon or tent or merchant stand at any time and aren't constrained by some scarce resource. Temporary lots enables you to monetize your entire user base without constraint.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

***WEAPONS SKILLS***

Right now there are skills for weapon types (blades, bludgeons, ranged, and poll-arms). Those skills can be leveled up or you can get additional cards for your deck etc.

However, I propose that they add skills to each weapon as well. That way each weapon will have it's own skill that you can level up in combat. So if you are a blades master, then you can also specialize in the Long Sword skill (whatever that skill may be), then you can use that skill when ever you wield long swords.

A few examples:
    • The pitch-fork could have a skill like "damage armor" which is actually one of the bludgeoning skills. Yet maybe the pitchfork's unique shape also makes it better at attacking armor (as well as doing passive damage to armor as well since it is a poll-arm).
    • The saber could have an "innate" skill that you can level up that passively gives you a bonus to defense whenever you wield a saber.
    • The warhammer could have a skill that allows it to deal maximum damage on the next blow.
    The reason for this "stretch goal" would be to give each weapon a purpose in the game. Most games people find the best DPS weapon of their weapons style and nobody uses the other weapons. However if there are skills attached to each weapon then people will pick weapons based upon their strategy and play style. Some weapons might lead into better combos, other weapons might allow you to gain more coppies of a particular skill, or even add some kind of tactic that that is not common.

***This might be a tough goal since the devs go through each skill with great analysis so that no one style becomes dominant over the rest. Nevertheless it could be added at a later time.

cs2501x likes this.
  6. aevans

aevans Avatar

The rare and elusive Tesla Tower Gun. Good for a one-shot, electrical-based, high-powered stun. Then you have to go stand under a Tesla Tower for quite some time to recharge the one shot it has. :D

cs2501x likes this.
  7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Oooh..!! Tesla Cannons!

cs2501x likes this.
  8. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

That's two votes for things Telsa. ;) Added.

aevans likes this.
  9. LadyM

LadyM Avatar

1. Mounts
    2. Player owned Boats (not "taxi" boats running from point A to B)
    3. Swimming (surface)

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Definitely I want Mounts, interesting fishing, boating, jumping, ability to mark runes and mark your spot to run to the bank or home, also I don't like invisible walls so I want the game to be very explorable (lol my own word I think), and of course interesting feeling and looking combat.

11. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

I'll try to get aggregating sometime during this week. :) Great suggestions, folks.

Miracle Dragon and LadyM like this.
  12. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I'd like to 2nd. -- No Invisible Walls! Between the invisible walls and the parts of buildings that have no function (towers that you can't see from the inside, chimneys that don't actually come from real fireplaces ect.. I'm beginning to think this isn't a Richard Garriot Ultimate RPG.. What's going on here? Don't mean to be negative, just reiterating the importance of interaction, function and simulation. These are the basics that I feel are being forgotten during the development process. Please don't forget! :D

cs2501x likes this.
  13. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I want:
    make shards of all city and town and village areas so that all player will access the city town and village areas as shards specific to there region so that more land will be available and all regional player can live near to themselves. This way english speakers can have homes near other english speakers and the same for speakers of other languages;
    the ability to earn the titles of Barron, Knight, Sharif, and others by and for role playing.
    the public server to allow robbing of player homes;
    all player characters to wander the game when not playing;
    the semi public server to add enuf high level NPCs for the semi public server to be challenging;
    to be able to build and live in wagons and ships;
    the public server to allow unrestricted PVP;
    no signifies of player morality without the use of a magic ability.

cs2501x likes this.
  14. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Ok folks, will start aggregating soon! :) I'm starting with this thread, then moving on to the old sticky.

Thanks for keeping them brief.

Koldar and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  15. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I want inventory slots to be realistic:
    a clothing pockets should have only one small item slot [1 item per pocket or something like that];
    and wagons should have a lot of inventory.

[I need a safe cargo wagon to store large amounts of my inventory, and I need to be able to sleep in my wagon because it will be my home on the trails. I don't want a house, it seem like playing dolls to me. Houses are for robing not sleeping.:p

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Ya, I hope this works and they do it! I love the Idea!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.