[SUSPENDED] PVP Series - it's time to get involved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

I have not PvPed in this game.
    25% bonus though is hard to ignore.
    I have these questions.
    Does PvP death cause exp loss?
    Is greifing/camping likely?

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Does PvP death cause exp loss?
    There's no decay at this time.

Is greifing/camping likely?
    Absolutely. However, I don't think it's going to be more than random acts of violence. For meaningful PVP to play out, there are going to be villains and creepers and just plain bad dudes all acting the part. This is where the virtue system in game really begins to shine as a real consequence. PVP will happen - and when it does, it's my hope that the more virtuous players will band together.

*specific to PVP Series events, security and monitors will be provided and on patrol where required. Events that are strictly open world PVP will play out as the environment allows.

Hit me up in game anytime (Gideon Thrax) and I'll gladly party with anyone that's blue (virtue cloak glow). I'll party with reds too, but only so long as they behave. :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Audacity, Numa and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Thanks.

Some best in slot gear in another game I played were obtained by PvP , which I did not enjoy in that game, so I died so many times just going thru the motions to get the gear that I don't worry about dying anymore. I worry more about making someone else mad or breaking etiquette codes. Was easy to know who to attack when different factions or teams in mini games.

I enjoyed PvP in dark age of Camelot, Shadowbane, and in Warhammer(at first). When PvP turns into a zerg rush I lose interest. When I get attacked randomly while I am adventuring, that is interesting and fun.

Numa and Duke Avery like this.
  4. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

zerg rush lol (6 pool?) ;)

5. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Yes and 4 player map with 3 zerg using 6 pool vs 1 protoss.

Here is another noob question or 2. Are there any virtue penalties in PvP?
    Like if I fight a blue virtue person do i get negative virtue vs if I fight a red virtue person?
    Do you get exp for killing other players?

I am going to look at the skills and see what I am lacking and need to work on then probably flag and die till i figure it out.

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Where virtue and PVP intersect, the only thing I've encountered was hinted at during dialog with the Oracle after a PVP encounter I had...
    [9/14/2016 11:47:24 AM] The Oracle: (to you) I have witnessed your actions regarding your journey towards the nature of courage. Actions such as these show that you consider this virtue important. You showed honor in the field of battle when defeating a fellow avatar, and did not loot their body. Now they will be armed for the next time you meet.

That was a couple months ago... and no idea how complex the system is. I like to think there's some depth to it (or coming to it) but I don't really know beyond this bit of dialog.

As to blue/red encounters, who pulls first, attacks from behind, ganking while someone is engaged in a trade or NPC dialog, 3 vs 1, party vs party, 30 vs 5, etc... I have no idea.

Vaentorian and Soylent Green like this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Ok, my virtue cloak seems to glow red - I think I"ve stolen too many jugs, plates and bread rolls :(

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

On the Isle of Ghosts there are two identical town sized Obsidian towers on the top of the hill:

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested in a capture the flag (while defending your own) PVP event on the island I'm happy to host it. The island is PVE, but there is an Oracle on the island for convenient flagging.
    I am making the buildings available for anyone who wants to stage an event there.

Acred, Numa, Rada Torment and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.