The value for PvP what don't produce Misery from PvE'ers?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Stundorn, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

blaquerogue likes this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Some people will always want what someone else has. Parents know that they have to treat siblings equally to avoid trouble. The thing is though that Portalarium are not our parents, and we are no longer children. As a PVE player I'm quite happy for PVP players to have things that I can't have, provided they are not part of the main story arc, and don't give PVP players a significant advantage in PVE. I don't know if mine is a minority view, but I do know that those who are happy don't generally speak up, while those who are not happy tend to attract attention that is often not representative of their numbers.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The concept of someone being forced to me is ridiculous. It is like someone crying out that they need or being forced to go to parties, drink alcohol, smoke tobacco in order to be cool, but the fact is that they don't and there are different ways to be cool without doing those or at least not all the time.

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The value of PvP doesn't come from being more than PvE it comes from being more than simply PvP. PvP can not be just dueling or some glorified version of dueling.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I first didn't understand what consensual means, maybe I was a little bit stubborn and damaged by other pvp communities experiences.
    But then I really changed my mind about that and think it's not only ok to have this, but indeed necessary .
    When I jumped in some discussions last year the fronts were already hardened.
    The linked thread above evolved from that style of discussion to a constructive together.

That's why i thought it is nice to discuss this further constructive.

So for me about the sobek head it is that this turns out to be a "PvP" trophy and no pure pve , same for the Croc Head.
    I 'm ok with that .

Some added in the thread before to have titles , maybe also for time spent in a PvP scene, kills, deaths and many more .
    The bones from a player should be granted loot, no ransom, don't know if it actually is like that already.
    Special gear for villains and knights of valor, if we one time have a moral system...

I think that gives PvP a value and won't affect pure PvE'ers.

What i don't see is the XP bonus , but I am ready to think this over. The argument of loosing XP doesn't count that much for me, PvE'ers loose so on death either. It's a risk, you get a reward and a sort of fun and satisfaction so no need for a bonus I guess.

Ariella Shadowdancer likes this.
  6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Oh if Chris does a poll on that ransom system I totally wanna see the results! That mess needs to go or at a min a full rewrite.

It's not a ransom it's insurance. If looting a player is a desired feature for PvP then insurance is the removal of that feature. Since the winner does not get to pick the ransomed item a meta game is created in min/maxing the rng in the item selection.

Who in the heck "ransoms" pocket lent...

There is no value added to PvP here. It's not a method to mitigate the cost of PvP. It only places an unfun wall between getting good loot and losing good loot. Assuming there is good loot to be had.

7. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

You want to cut off my head and keep in on a shelf after a PVP loss? Whatever, I'll grow another one in 10 seconds.
    You get to grab something from my backpack potentially negating hours of gameplay? Not gonna happen.

Not even getting into all the rest of the PVP complaints here, the looting alone is enough that I will never flag.

kaeshiva, Matt Harris and Stundorn like this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Then don't.
    But that's not the point.
    The point is that the ransom system su**s.
    Not because PvPers can't loot each other (i am never getting tired to point out that most of the PvPers that where here at some point didn't give a damn about looting) but because it is pointless. It is almost as pointless as the PvP flag exp bonus.

kaeshiva, blaquerogue and MrBlight like this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No loot besides a granted bone trophy and moral points !

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Indeed.

2112Starman and Stundorn like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am on board with items gained in a scene being available for loot in PvP. It's very fitting for Shardfalls.

blaquerogue and CrazyPhil like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That was just to encourage people to flag, they should remove it as this kind of value grant envy/misery.

kaeshiva likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's true , I agree, but only items looted there, nothing else, no gear , no reagencies you brought with you etc...

Edit: but then PK lurk at the exit too see if you have looted something interesting and people are encouraged to logg of and relogg on OW Map.

Get rid of loot, it's just annoying

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Don't know your level or what kind of gear you run around with but do you really carry items of value?

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

All crafted gear is of value.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Subjective. Highly subjective.

If you want to take the "1 mile per hour over the posted speed limit is illegal" approach the I will rephase the question.

What items or gear do you carry around that can not easily be replaced?

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

A staff for 45k igg with a pattern for real $ on it?

And no i cannot farm these 45k gold in an hour or 2 or 5 or even a week.
    Maybe i can in some days, but seriously not willing to do it.

18. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

I carry things that would take a couple hours to replace. A batch of logs alone would fit that box.

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well said!!!!

kaeshiva likes this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

It would be nice if PvP zones could drop artifacts and gear that are PvP focused (for example, they only work against players and not mobs). There is no reason PvE'ers who hate PvP and complain about PvP content could really complain about this (other then they put time in doing it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.