1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Upcoming Live Dev Cam Hangouts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Watch this space for all upcoming Dev Cam Hangout Announcements!

2. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Hey FireLotus you've read my mind! I wanted to know if and when a dev chat is coming up.

Thanks for having a thread regarding upcoming chats. If I don't have any questions then I will listen to what is happening which is always interesting.

I don't remember the concept artists name but in the last while his quick sketches using a marker no less has taught me something about art and has stirred up some creative juices as well. I would like to see him show us how to do more stuff.

SilverSerpent

RDouglas likes this.
  3. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Thanks FireLotus and thank-you Stephen for letting us see your work, you make it seem so simple!

SilverSerpent

RDouglas likes this.
  4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Looking Forward to Seeing another piece of artwork done. It's so cool to watch. Thanks so much!

RDouglas likes this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@FireLotus Even though I can't join for the live chat, I do appreciate the archived sessions. I hope once everything from the KS settles down you keep doing something like this on a weekly basis to keep us in the loop. It makes it feel like we're involved with the development process. I have to say, it is pretty cool to be involved (even just a little) with the creation of a new LB game. There are no companies out there doing this sort of thing during development.

6. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

@FireLotus
    here's a handy link for everybody, time zone converter scheduled for the event.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Upcoming+SotA+Live+Dev+Cam+Hangouts!&iso=20130411T14&p1=24&ah=1

RDouglas and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  7. FireLotus

Join us for our next Dev Hangout on Friday, June 14th at 1pm CST. We'll be having conversation about conversation, led by Lord British himself. As always, I’ll have the exact link where you can watch 15 minutes prior to broadcast, and you can submit your questions via Google using the #LBSotA_Hangout tag, or from the Shroud of the Avatar Chat Room!

8. FireLotus

Please join us for our next episode of Pen of the Avatar on Tuesday, June 18th at a special time of 4 pm CST. I'll be taking your questions live from the SotA chatroom while Stephen dabbles in some more digital painting, so be sure to tune in! As always, I'll have the links for you 15 minutes prior to the broadcast.

RDouglas and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  9. FireLotus

Grab your adventure gear and join us for our next Hangout of the Avatar! On Friday, June 21st at 11 am CST, Lord British and team will discuss inventory management in Shroud of the Avatar. As always, I’ll have the exact link where you can watch 15 minutes prior to broadcast, and you can submit your questions via Google using the #LBSotA_Hangout tag, or from the Shroud of the Avatar Chat Room!

10. FireLotus

Please join us for our next episode of Pen of the Avatar on Tuesday, June 25th at 3 pm CST. I'll be taking your questions live from the SotA chatroom while Stephen dabbles in some more digital painting, so be sure to tune in! As always, I'll have the links for you 15 minutes prior to the broadcast.

TheCaptain and 3devious like this.
  11. FireLotus

We'll be taking a week off from Hangout of the Avatar while we settle into crunch mode in preparation of our presentation at RTX! But don't be sad, Stephen and I will be back on Tuesday, July 2nd at 3 pm CST, when he will continue to share the vision and techniques he uses to create the creatures that will be inhabiting New Britannia. We'll see you then!

12. The Captain

The Captain Avatar

Is there an upcoming conference and event schedule for the SOTA team published anywhere yet?

13. FireLotus

This Friday (the 28th at 10am PT), Lord British will be joining Jon Mavor (of Uber Entertainment and Planetary Annihilation) and Eric Anderson (of Planetary Resources and the ARKYD Kickstarter) for an Epic meeting of the game world and the space world. Lord British will discuss updates to Shroud of the Avatar, his experience as an astronaut, and why ARKYD is an impossibly good cause to support, with a special in-show announcement for live viewers. Tune in live from the Planetary Resources Google+ page and ask Lord British anything! http://bit.ly/14qPfay

Sinclair, Koldar and Baron_EKiN like this.
  14. FireLotus

If you are in Austin (and have tickets already, the Conference appears to be sold out), you can attend Richard's panel at the RTX event on Saturday, July 6th at 4:30 pm CST. I also believe they are holding a signing event prior to the panel, so be sure to bring your Ultima SWAG if you would like Lord British to sign it. Here is the link for more information. http://rtxevent.com/events/event.php?id=170

For those of you that won't be in Austin (or don't already have tickets), there will be a livestream.

Q: Will any of RTX be Live Streamed?
    A: Yes, all panels and the Center Stage will be live streamed during RTX. The stream is available for everyone, and will be streaming on YouTube.com and RTXEvent.com. Recordings of the stream will be uploaded to our channel at a later date.

Unfortunately no, I don't have the link yet, but I will be sure to track it down as quickly as possible and post in on the SotA home page as soon as I have it. :)

Fireangel and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  15. FireLotus

The SotA team have a SPECIAL Hangout of the Avatar planned! Richard and team will be taking your questions LIVE from the SotA chat room as we do a LIVE Demo of the game so far, so mark your calenders and join us on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6 pm CST. And as always, we will also be taking questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. I'll have the link where you can watch 15 minutes before the broadcast.

Koldar, Pyro, Captainduckies and 2 others like this.
  16. FireLotus

Please join us for our next episode of Pen of the Avatar on Tuesday, July 9th at 3 pm CST. I'll be taking your questions live from the SotA chatroom while Stephen sketches some character concepts, so be sure to tune in! As always, I'll have the links for you 15 minutes prior to the broadcast.

17. FireLotus

If you enjoyed the Darkstarr Moondial, then you don't want to miss this week's Pen of the Avatar, where Concept Artist Stephen Daniele will design the DarkStarr Metronome. Please join us on Tuesday, July 16th at 3 pm CST and let your feedback help shape this awesome new Darkstarr limited availability item.

Sinclair, Fireangel, Grayhawk and 3 others like this.
  18. FireLotus

Don't forget to join us for today's Pen of the Avatar at 3 PM CST! Today's topic is a surprise, so be sure to be there to find out what Stephen will be drawing!

Fireangel, Aartemis, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  19. FireLotus

Have you missed seeing us during our Dev Hangouts? Well, this week, we are bringing the Hangouts to YOU! Instead of hosting our own, this Saturday, our Devs will be making guest appearances on two different community Hangouts.

You can catch Starr Long, SotA Executive Producer, on Markee Dragon's "Shroud of the Avatar Roundtable" at 5pm EST (4pm CST). And then at 8pm EST (7 pm CST), SotA artist Geoff Mellon and Scott "Lum the Mad" Jennings will be making guest appearances on this week's Dragonsmeet. Links will be posted at www.hearthofbritannia.com fifteen minutes prior, similar to PotA and HotA.

20. FireLotus

On this week's Pen of the Avatar, concept artist Stephen Daniele will be taking your feedback as he continues to work on our Female Avatar. Please join us at 3pm CST on July 30th to see the finishing touches applied to our ranged warrior!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.