1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Vendor Variations & Improvements

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by DarkStarr, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Remember: i still might be incredible wrong ^^

But yes, the bigger the lot the more npcs you can place. So you can have more than one vendor on a lot bigger than a row lot. Don't know the numbers from the top of my head.

The vendors aren't connected. So you could use one to sell ressources, one to sell items and one to sell whatever comes to your mind.
    You can see this a lot in OH.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Im so so confused. So many questions.

Is it a vendor in itself , or is it A tool you use to buy from a vendor? If its only a tool, why would the tool charge a commision?
    If its not a tool but another vendor, does it count as an npc towards LOT limit?
    How Will players understand that the cashier work as a vendor?
    If its a tool connected to a vendor, Will it charge commision even when linked to a commision free vendor, and What happens if i link a commision free cashier to a commisioned vendor?

Gah.

Slightly confusing.

Spoon and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's what I thought. So, if the register is an alternate interface for the vendor, will it display the inventory of all vendors on the lot, or will it somehow be linked to just one?

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Nah it isn't. Well, if my assumptions are right ^^
    It's a vendor itself. The only link is the link to your account, so you will get it. Like the rest of your rewards. The cash isn't linked to your original vendor. Just a different skin for the vendor mechanic itself.
    If this assumption is correct it will count towards the NPC limit. Though it would of course be awsome if it would count towards the overall deco limit.
    Players will understand it if they follow the forum and the news part of the HP.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

It will display it's very own vendor interface and not the interface of other vendors. It's just a skin for a completly new Vendor. Like if you would go out and buy one from an npc with comission.

Edit:
    So if you have a vendor and a cash on your lot you have 2 vendors selling seperate things.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I see. Well, we will have to wait for clarification. Though that wouldn't make much sense in the context of the posts. At least in my opinion. Because if that's true why should there be versions that charge comission?

Arradin likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, I know. It's all kind of confusing. Where I was sort of going, though, was that if the register is linked to a vendor, then why not make them so that anybody who has a vendor, regardless how they acquired it, could use one? I hate having the vendor outside, so I could put the register outside, and the vendor inside. (Admittedly, that would pretty much just be for RP reasons, as no one would ever go in and deal with the vendor.) At least, until they give us our storefront row houses. ;)

And all that said, none of this impacts my current situation negatively, so I'm not about to raise a fuss.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Nah, of course i agree with you.
    Non the less it is one of those almost classical DarkStarr posts ^^ a lot of room for speculation left, though i am dead sure he thought he left no room for speculation when he did the post ^^

Spoon likes this.
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

Wow. Giving a Commission-free version of the cash register to every backer who had a pledge or bundle eligible for a CF vendor will effectively double the amount of CF vendors in the world -- one of the few items that have remained a steady price in the marketplace. Too bad the current ones can't be turned into a "choose one" or traded to a vendor for the people who wanted a cash register version instead. If you are going to be doubling the CF vendors in the world, that fact should be shared with the wider community immediately.

Verit and Dereck Visaard like this.
  11. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Exactly why i have so many questions above ;)

12. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I can see so many reasons why a Cashier isnt equal to a vendor that can move around and interract with people. So its not doubling the amounts. and if it counts towards NPC limit i would NEVER Chose a cashier over said walking talking NPC.

But i dont know, im waiting more clear info.

Maybe its a "pattern" , you can use it to change look on the vendor? But in that case, why did he say above that you can have both?

Sighs.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The cash register is a vendor. It is NOT linked to another vendor. We are hoping that this version does not count as NPC so that would be the advantage since it won't count against NPC limits.

We are still working on how it will be delivered without changing the number/value of commission free vendors. This will be same issue as the other visual variations we are making (outfits, gender, skin tone, etc.)

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Sounds awsome! Thanks for the clarification.

15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This does indeed appear to affect the CFV reward, as players can put up a taxed vendor (or a pet or sign etc.) that says "use the cash register!".

If it doesn't count as an NPC (and has no other limits imposed) then it would appear you can make a mega-mall in a single lot location and cram in 10-50 of these. This would directly impact towns that have made being a market their central theme when a guild or multi-guild set-up could take a single prominent lot, say at the front of OH, etc. and put in 50 cash registers.

I'm glad to hear you are looking at not impacting current value/number of CF Vendors. I would like to see still a maximum number of vendors on a lot that does not compete with NPCs like pets (but maybe increase it slightly at the larger lot sizes, a Keep is similar to 32 row lots but can only hold 5 NPCs!!).

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hmm. I still think its a bit weird ;)

Also I think others here are kind of right in that it appears to introduce new problems in place of some that it solves. New players would have to get used to the two methods, interacting with a register v a salesperson, too. Then imagine both in the same shop ... Casual players are going to have the same questions people are bringing up here: are these two different sellers or one, etc.

Not meaning to be critical, I'm hoping you guys appreciate the feedback. ;)

Lace likes this.
  17. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

From what I gather from this statement is that you will need to own the commission free vendor to be able to claim a commission free cash register.

So anyone that sold or traded their commission free vendor will not be able to claim a commission free cash register.

Is this correct?

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Pledges that got a vendor. So its the pledge it goes to. No matter if the vendor is still there.

19. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Made some updates to the OP based on the back and forth we've been having in this thread.

hroth, Rentier, calkano (PAX) and 2 others like this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What about the Wealthy Merchant or Viking Merchant outfits in the Add-On Store? Will we have the ability to use those on our vendors (or alternatively, get a skin for the vendor with those outfits)? Not my concern, specifically (I want to see the Victorian version), but I've heard some folks say they were interested in those outfits for their vendor.

Lace and Earl Atogrim von Draken like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.