What PvP Players can look forward to

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by enderandrew, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

It's also a proven fact that PvP players represent a predictable and consistent threat (when they are around) based on the fact that they ape each others builds and use flavor of the month builds to keep up with each other. If you add in PvP gear that everyone is clamoring for (very specific sets), then you might as well just put a dragon in the game. It's all paralyze and corp por my friend. Nothing exciting there.

There is nothing particularly interesting, threatening or cool about facing another character unless you build it up your head.

Also, you are doing that thing again where you respond to every single post individually ;) Just saying....

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

Yes I am. Everything should go both ways equally. No one playstyle should have an "advantage" over another, and neither should be forced to interact for any reason.

3. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Doubtful.

4. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think that the central idea of this game is to have the Ultimate RG`s RPG, and that means games like Ultima VII that were basically off line, centered in story telling, character development, moral choices (virtues) in context of the history presented. Abydos, i think that we should take your comments with a grain of salt because it seems you only care about your interests that not necessarily are what the community, as a whole, had pledged for (an ultima game).

5. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I'm pretty sure there IS a dragon in the game.....I guess we will just have to suck it up.

6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

And I think it is very well. I waited a long RPG from RG.
    By cons, it is clearly explained in the FAQ SotA is practically an MMO for those who wish. It's not me who invented.
    I believe (I invite you to say what you think.) in a Sandbox MMO, a player should be able to avoid some PvE. Or doing PvE in a PvP world. (The Best World)

First, I am extremely sorry if I've let you this impression of me. Can we started to zero??
    Sincerely. The success of SotA based on the richnes of its environment. His RP side. PvE and PvP aspects well developed. In addition, the freedom it will be undoubtedly very attractive.
    I sincerely hope that will be super top PvE and PvP in SotA. But really, I do not like PvE and I hope to be able to avoid it. I know I'll have to do (but in PvP, whit more risk). I hope.
    So do not take my comments with a grain of salt. You mistake on my person.

Friendly (and for a SotA of quality).

7. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

That is the spirit xD. And i agree with the concept of you having the liberty to play the game the way you want it.

Sorry if i miss interpreted you.

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

First and foremost SotA is a story driven game. They say anything can change but I know this is the one area that will never. There are going to be plenty of situations in the story that taunt PvE into PvP and PvP into PvE.

The way they talk about every mechanic they want to design it's from the perspective of not punishing the players if they don't cross over to the other play style. They also don't want to make it painful to cross back.

They will give PvP what it wants and PvE what it wants. Just don't expect to never see the other side, the story involves both.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

You are right.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah its been awhile since i was on no need to point that out! I am not the only one that does that.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Yes the new game Is archeage.. its sweeeeet coming to us soon... very high population in the east its free world open pvp awesome crafting housing instead of reds u become a pirate.. u can go to jail.. I mean its swesome n graphics are sweet.. if pvp blows up here I know 6 of us that r ok with it cuz archage is comimg out.. its from tje creators of linage

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  12. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

No, you made broad assumptions and generalizations and threw in a heap of insults because your statement made no sense at all and you are now backpedaling and trying to make yourself sound superior when you are in fact inferior. Next time you want to come to a discussion learn how to discuss things first.

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

Bone up really? I prefer reading and I have not done or said anything remotely outside of the rules of conduct for the forums... I do not have to take your side in a discussion to follow forum rules. Maybe you should try reading the rules instead of boning them?

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

Actually your hypothesis there fails. PvP IS proven to be more difficult and challenging than AI environments. PvP is not just a play style anymore than PvE is just a play style. The game is NOT PvE, it is what you want it to be which is why it is a SANDBOX game. If you want a driven PvE game, WoW is out there that is a driven PvE game on rails. Sandbox games have always been about doing everything not just one thing and there should be rewards in PvP just as in PvE.

So once again....your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is NOT fact, truth or even anymore consequential than what anyone else has to say on the subject so stop acting like you are the authority on the subject.

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

By the same token thinking special gear for PvEers is totally ridiculous. No way someone fighting an unintelligent mob should be rewarded for doing that, especially since most of them exploit the mobs to begin with anyways.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Do you know what the expression 'Bone Up' means?

PvP is not proven to be more difficult than PvE unless it is completely structured and measurable. PvP is also very predictable at it's core, the only true variable is how many people show up and when. Not very interesting at all really.

This game will also not be a complete sandbox as it will have a whole structure of quests and a story line that will be followed. It will also most likely have a level system; that's what I heard a while ago anyway. It will have sandbox elements, but unfortunately there will be quite a bit of structure, much to your obvious chagrin.

The game environment is indeed PvE. It's Player vs. Environment.... That's what PvE means....

I never said I was an authority on anything, but I will call BS on people who claim that their play style is the most difficult of all, and they require extra rewards for playing the game. Sorry, BS! Called it.

Lord Baldrith and Akeashar like this.
  17. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

If it was PvE gear then it wouldn't be special now would it? It would just be there for everyone.

Please don't claim that MOBs are any more or less intelligent than players either. It's just not the case. Players who fight other players are in no way guaranteed to be particularly smart and I would argue that in some instances, the AI on a MOB is infinitely more interesting than the simplistic and straight forward method of combat utilized by players.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All im hearing here is a bunch of BS, so far youve just posted your opinions, so i too will call BS on people that think they know how everything will work out, and insist that their PVE style is more difficult, apparently you know less than you think about PVP! Which is expected coming from a PVE player. You can tell me a hundred times you know PVP but just here so far youve shown us you havent a clue on it!

19. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

So you are here to rub it in the PvP player's faces that we have no choice but to play your style. On the other hand, we should get nothing because we should be playing your way in the first place. That makes sense :mad:

3devious and blaquerogue like this.
  20. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

What?

I never said PvE was more difficult, I said PvP was no more difficult or interesting than PvE. I know plenty about PvP; all you really have to do is get on the forums and check out the best builds. Then you build up and get the twitch down and you are competitive. If you want to do it yourself, then you need to figure out a good min/max for your resources (offensive/defensive/etc.) and then start whacking away to see what others are doing so you can develop some counters. I prefer the forums myself, just easier that way; effective too since it's all about bragging rights.

It's not brain surgery, nor is it particularly interesting. It neither merits or deserves any special reward... it's an add on for people who have issues with their egos. PvP is meaningless and boring without goals and actual reasons to fight. Maybe the guild warfare will help with this, although I'm still rooting for some instanced zones. Realistically though, I'd be much more happy with raids. Everyone would be on the same team and they could keep it in their pants instead of getting out their ruler.

When you can enlighten us on your PvP chops in SotA then by all means do so, but for now you know as much as everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.