What would bring me to PvP -

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xkhan, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Thinking about this for awhile as there are so many posts trying to tell me why I should PvP. I love PvP - or I do if done correct...(correct being subjective I realize - this is just me speaking for myself!)

UO we all had 100 hit points and it was a lag fest- macro filled -what kind of crossbow is that party. When PK's were out the word went out and one learned to be careful. Zone out of Despair and be careful! I didn't really start to care for PvP until Karma really came into its own. Now I could attack and kill that Dreadlord without instadeath in the city. I could join a posse to go after them. THAT was fun.

As mentioned a few times - a Faction system works for me. I am NOT interested in guild wars...it never works out. You always have the 1-2 people in the guild that want to be part of that group but are crafters at heart and BAM they are murdered for being in the wrong guild. No thanks. A faction based on Karma though would work for me....if you are evil then its open season....you deserve it. If you are good you gotta stay good. Yes - there will always be the exploiters but I think we will have that no matter what n'est pas?

I don't mind having a consequence to dying aka loot - but - I would rather see it as 1k gold / percentage of gold rather then items....if a person has no gold then sure - RNG their items but the gold would be easy. Hunting Dreadlords to night? Make sure you got 5k in hand and go have fun!

-Khan

EMPstrike, Gix, Zader and 3 others like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I was thinking the other day about what PVP system I'd like to have. I don't know what'd constitute a "good" PVP system.

I find fair fights fun over imbalanced once. (And no - courageous hero who killed my 40-AL AFK alt, tucked away in an obscure building - that's not it)
    ... I wouldn't mind if the person's title is colored the way NPCs are, when comparing AL. Or maybe it does that, and that's why everyone is always red to me.
    ... The closest we have to accomplishing fair fights is the dueling system.

I think group PVP is more fun. 1 versus 1 is too much rock-paper-scissors. Many versus many adds in more ambiguity and possibility.

I think longer fights are more fun. It's not much fun when the whole thing is over in 15 seconds. (this also ties into the group-pvp above).

Actually, the item loss (or ransom) doesn't bother me so much. It's just the context and BS (*cough* afk kill *cough*).

I do not find griefers fun (and is almost always nearly impossible to avoid in any PVP system) - and it's easier to just opt-out. I'd rather not tango with people who are only out to "pwn" me.

3. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Yes to faction based pvp before whole guilds having to war.

Xandra7 and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I liked the system from FoM

• equipped items are not lootable but take a 33% durability hit on death.
    • items in inventory are lootable
    • you can loot your own corpse

to that I would add:
    • you cannot loot while in combat or taking damage
    • you loot one item at a time (RNG) with reasonable (short) cool down

ps: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please remove ninja looting, PvP, PvE its so unreal to be able to loot 20 corpses, while in combat, in less than 10 seconds.

redfish and EMPstrike like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Lol and harmful to gameplay IMO in a lot of other ways. So for instance, this is why people are selling artifacts to NPC merchants by accident -- because they don't even know what they're looting. The loot windows open and close without them seeing what they're taking, all while they're fighting an enemy. You can also loot a body while you're chopping down a tree or mining a node... its quite silly. See my suggestion for a loot timer. If a skeleton hits you while you're trying to loot a corpse, you'd get interrupted just like the hit would interrupt a harvest attempt. Its really obvious to me this needs to be done.

@Xkhan,

Tell me what you think about this, Creating a Justice System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.