Which PvP Style are you or are you?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Proteus Tempest, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Which PvP style agrees with you the most?

1. I need no purpose other than to kill other players. Call me a Psychopath but I like it.

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. I am an arena combatant. I exist with others of my kind, we live or die by each other's hand.

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I Flag PvP because like and edgy dangerous environment throughout all of Novia.

21 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. I need a goal, be it a storyline or objective to want to get involved in PvP.

23 vote(s)
    25.3%
  5. I'm not a PvP'er. Period.

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  6. I flag PvP to get a bonus when gathering resources.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. I'll flag PvP when there is a justice system.

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. I am a Bounty Hunter of sorts. I and my friends hunt down bad PvP'ers and bring them to justice.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. A little of "All of the above" or most of the above.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Yes, a bounty system would be really neat.

How would you implement that?

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

It would likely be similar to UO's, in that the bounty comes out of players pockets, and not generated by adding new gold to the game world economy. It would be richer and more nuanced than UOs, to be more relevant to the SotA world itself, as well as give both the "blue" and "red" sides reasons to play their various roles. Id like the "NPC" world to be involved at this level of reputation as well, perhaps allowing for scenarios like a band of murderers with a horde of NPC bandits siege a town like the cabalists - and you have to fight (or sneak, or run) through a temporary PVP scene to get into that town until the siege is lifted.

I envision a deeper reputation system, with things like guild wars, factions, and criminals vs bounty hunters. Id like them all intertwined to fit the SotA lore and events and culture, but still separate systems of their own. One doesnt have to participate at all levels, but one's guild and murderer/thief status may come into play with one's faction status. It would merit its own post, Ive ranted about it in some threads before, and its probably best I formulate a cohesive idea before ranting about it again :).

Proteus Tempest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.