Why do things bader and bad? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobii, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobii

mobii Avatar

Why use a forum made by a high school student weekend project when you can use BB for free?
    BB is little more profesioanl than this

You dont need make a webpage for 800 screen anymore
    Use iframe is very unprofesioanl in a webpage and use html table shows only lack of skills year 2013
    Use PageUp/PageDown in your large text in the textarea make layout errors for the webpage

Why do this game less than UO?

a city on the world map is not usable or touchable and not feelable
    its more like a nintendo Pokemon game world.
    When Ultima VI come and have a real world, not instance Ultima VI evolved but now 23 year later we go back to village to click to enter even if the computer do have more memory than back then!

The conversation text look hard to read for me, and to actually write name, job, bla, bla and bye make the conversation more personal.

If you not going to use Ultima / Ultima Online real 2D you need have graphics comparable to Guild War 2 if NOT then FAIL

Only because its 3D it not make game good and if the 3D graphics feel 15 year old I know I going be irritate over that
    the Heaven look like a static picture form 15 years ago and if the heaven was dark the surrounding was still daylight

The movement look like it was taken from UO2 even the graphics look like UO2 and UO2 was only chocking laughable bad

UO after Richard gone make customize housing and even Linkrealms knows customizing housing is the key for success housing.
    Plop a house from a list doesn't feel home made year 2013

The only thing I really agree Richard Garriott on is all the other games quest system and quest list make people not think
    You see a NPC with a exclamation mark you dont read bla bla text you only press accept quest and get a autopath to your destination where you kill 50 innocent teddy bear clones when done killing you autopath back to the NPC to get your highly deserved reward equivalent to killing 500 innocent teddy bears.

I remember UO have no quest at all and the exploration I can still remember.
    Guild War 2 make their new quest system better with active quests

Ultima Forever going fail make a action RPG tablet version of Ultima 4 dont fail Shroud of the Aavatar also.
    Tabula Rasa was nothing like what we expected from the Richard Garriott himself

If this kickstarter project going to fail I don't think old fans like me going for another kickstarter its like this is Richard Garriott last and only kickstarter if this project fail, so plz do it right!!!

Sorry for my bad English, I cant write English

2. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I'm an old fan, and I kickstarted this, so I would like to use that example to nullify your entire thread.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think your concerns may be a bit premature. The game isn't even in alpha yet. A LOT is going to change. Remember also Ultima Forever is EA. RG has nothing to do with it. Lady British? That reason alone is another for me not to bother with it.

Storyline aside I liked Tabula Rasa. I was sad to see it go. Character class design was well done and the team wasn't afraid to make changes after launch. Ah well.

Have a bit of faith and I'm sure patience will be rewarded here.

That said, I was surprised to learn of the dual map system's return but it might be the best option for the ad-hoc format of the game. I'll have to give that one some thought.

The forum format is probably to facilitate kickstarter information.

4. mobii

mobii Avatar

I kickstarted also because its the legendary Richard Garriott. I say if this project fale its hard to try another kickstarter again.
    Richard Garriotts really good achievements is Ultima 4 to 7 the Black gate after that no more success only failure.

After Richard Garriott failing Tabula Rasa I get just little skeptics for hes next project Ultimate Collector that I didn't like and for the next project I even get more skeptic, and if Shroud of the Avatar going NOT going to be the best RPG experience ever you going to support the next Richard Garriott kickstarter again?

5. mobii

mobii Avatar

Sorry I forget UO that is/was Richard Garriots crown achievement of all time and to beat that can be tricky hard.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If you're going to say U8 and U9 are failures I just have to point out 2 words for you for anyone to understand why. Electronic Arts. Ancient history I know but you need look no further than that. Garriot is no longer under anyone's thumb. This will be done his way, as intended.

I don't know Tabula Rasa's story but I can take a few guesses as to what may have happened there.

7. mobii

mobii Avatar

I have to much expectation, but I sincerely hold all my thumbs that Shroud of the Avatar going to be the best RPG experience after Ultima 4 and 5

8. mobii

mobii Avatar

I know U8 and U9 is not Richard Garriott. U8 is just fale and U9 is betrayal in every way!

From all my reading Richard Garriot was behind the creation of Tabula Rasa from start to end.

If NCsoft only use Richard Garriot name, then its sad he get all the blame for the failure!

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Technically RG did make U8 & 9 but EA's involvement just.. well I haven't had a high opinion of EA since let me put it that way. :) I'm pretty sure NCSoft was largely to blame for Tabula Rasa but there were probably other factors. The storyline of angels being aliens couldn't have helped though. Alienates a pretty large number of people. Oh well.

I also hope for a great game here.

10. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I thought Ultima VIII was quite interesting. I got to play outside Britannia for a chance, while disconcerting at first, eventually I grew to enjoy the chance to play in Pagan. Not just that, but meet new NPCs, learn new Lore about the Pagan world. The idea of rising one?s self to take on the Titans and become the Titan of Ether was, I thought, unique to Ultima and an adequate goal. I also didn?t even mind the fact that the Avatar had to abandon some basic Virtue concepts. After all, Pagan had been conquered by the Guardian, do you expect the Guardian or his flock of minions to be playing by the rules?

I suppose what was disappointing is that nothing in Ultima VIII carried over to Ultima IX at all. None of the items, not any of the lore, it would have been good to gain something special out of the whole ordeal. Even if it was just an obscure magical power you could use once per game day or something.

In any case, RG should have no cause not to be proud. Overall and including U8 and U9 he created a rich gaming world which I have enjoyed for well over a decade. WELL DONE and thank you Richard Garriott!

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

U8 was.. different.. but it wasn't all it could have been. Garriott was trying to play nice with EA who wanted the entire production cycle to be 1 year which limited the scope of the game. Then if memory serves they didn't want him to make U9 at all which resulted in all sorts of changes to the script and overall vision for the game. (Though I personally enjoyed U9 with the exception of a few plot points I won't get into).

12. mobii

mobii Avatar

U8 was the start of Ultima disapointment
    You can see this tube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpui9EKNTzE

Richard Garriotts innocents can be debatable:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Garriott

Under Games:
    Ultima VIII: Pagan 1994 ProducerBioForge 1995 Executive producer
    Ultima Online 1997 Producer
    Ultima IX: Ascension 1999 Director
    Tabula Rasa 2007 Executive producer
    Ultimate Collector[43] 2012 Executive producer
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues[44] TBA Executive producer

13. Malgarth

Malgarth Avatar

Gameplay > graphics imo and did it occur to you that the videos of gameplay they have showed of is a really early pre-alpha build? It will most likely change VERY much before it's released and they maybe even upgrades the graphics a little if the majority of the kickstarters want so.

14. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

You can't dump a link in for a video produced years after the fact for proof as to your claims.

As entertaining as Spoony is, there is a lot more to the story than he has told.

15. mobii

mobii Avatar

My point also
    Richard Garriott is Executive producer for:
    Ultimate Collector and Shroud of the Avatar

If this kickstarter of Shroud of the Avatar is going to fail then he cant put blame on anybody else than himself this time.

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This time? I don't recall ever hearing him casting blame anywhere before. I just know EA wasn't good for him. But then.. EA pretty much destroys every franchise they get their hands on and has been doing so for more than a decade now. It's no wonder they're in such bad shape now. It's not just RG.

17. BK_

BK_ Avatar

Graphics are good in this game...

18. Glimbel

Glimbel Avatar

The kickstarter surely won't fail.
    It is already half-way completed, just after day one.
    There is 28 days to go !

19. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Remember, everything you are seeing at this point is a prototype or in the case of the forums, pre-pre alpha. We still have a minimal Team when you consider the sometimes hundreds of people that end up working on a completed game. With your help and support, which you have been amazing at sharing, things will only get better!

20. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

Stop crapping over his games that you thought were failures.
    He made something, I know I wouldn't have been able to make them (the good and bad ones).

I support this venture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.