1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

$200K Telethon of the Avatar Part 2 Stretch Goal: /firedance

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Gotta post one of my favorite poi spinners, and concidered by many, the best in the world.

heres him working on some crazy stuff, poi mixed with contact and juggling.

:)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I don't want to be the only party pooper in this thread, because this sounds like one of the cooler emotes we would have, but I'm kind of burned out on emotes. Like the Grand Tour hats were starting to feel. Anyone else feeling like that or am I the only one?

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Maybe a dumb question but can females wear male outfits and male wear female outfits? I seem to remember the stretch goals riding outfits only letting you wear one or the other, or has this changed? I admit I haven't looked to see in a while.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I wouldn't say I'm burned out on them, but though I do like to collect the emotes, a lot of them I don't use often, I can see what you're saying.

PS: I want a fishing chair for fishing with an umbrella to keep the sun off! :)

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Now that is something different, that would be cool. I mean, I understand it needs to be something all avatars can use which is what makes emotes an easy win. I'm just not an emoter (a.k.a. party pooper).

Edit: Maybe a cloak or commemorative COTOs? Just trying to think outside of the crate. 10 million is a huge milestone.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

In very early testing I put the red dress on my male avatar and it worked. I don't know if other outfits are restricted by gender or not. Would breasts clip through male specific clothing? I don't know.

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I have the male and female admiral and riding outfits and the tuxedo and they each have a different "fit" on my female avatar. We see male avatars in dresses and the bodice sets all the time in game as well, so I think they are all interchangeable.

Tahru, enderandrew and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, I'm not much on emoting either, I collect them but I really only use them very rarely, any of them. I suppose I'm not really an emoter either, just a collector. :) Aye, those are things I'd like to see, things I'd use on a weekly basis like a fishing chair. :) I do appreciate the pledge rewards though and am not saying I don't like them at all, they were all cool ideas and I thank em for them. Hey, on a different subject I can see your place from my balcony in Spite! We're neighbors! :)

I hope they're not gender specific. I don't mind others that want to walk around in bikinis and stuff when it comes to clothes and armor, but I'd rather my female avatar go out hunting with gear that looks like it's protecting her. :) Since these are outfits though I suppose it doesn't matter as much as armor does for me. :)

Nice, good to hear, hope these are too. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

YALL ARE THE BESTEST <3

Tahru likes this.
  10. Trina

Trina Avatar

I just wanted to pass on an idea for the stretch goal that was tossed around in /noble chat because it was a really good idea that could be used in the future. It was a steampunk watch that added in-game and real life time displays on your screen and pinged when you did something the Oracle noticed. It also glowed. Sounds awesome to me!

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Clearly we need a /partypooper emote so you can fully express your dissatisfaction with emotes ;)

12. Renae

Renae Avatar

/partypooper emote - it randomly teleports you to an out house in game. (Usually the furthest one away from you.)

Alley Oop, Tahru, Aimend and 3 others like this.
  13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

That could break the regional economy for toilet paper. :D

KuBaTRiZeS, NRaas, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  14. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'd rather see custom animations to skills, such as finishing moves, than emotes.

KuBaTRiZeS and Mykll like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I like that! I hope to have pocket watches in game eventually anyway, and that sounds like a great Add-On Store version. Even nicer for those of us that missed getting the Oracle Cloak.

I'm going to repeat my suggestion, because it is really something that we need for grouping, roleplaying, etc. A /rolldice emote that takes multiple inputs, and animates as you crouching down and rolling dice on the ground. This can be useful for grouping so we can get random numbers for awarding loot (rock, paper, scissors is too slow) by "/rolldice 1d100" to get a single number between one and one hundred. "Jayson Albrecht rolls a die. The 100-sided die result is 42." It can also be used to roll multiple dice, for example when we want to play an in-game board game by "/rolldice 1d20 2d8" would be "Jayson Albrecht rolls three dice. The 20-sided die result is 20. The 8-sided die result is 3. The 8-sided die result is 5."

KuBaTRiZeS, enderandrew and Tahru like this.
  16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is great, but I would take a clock over my weight in gold given the choice.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  17. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Yeah I'm not utterly excited by emotes either, I play solo online I have no one to use them on.

House decorations or useful items prefered the $10m cloak for example.

Not why I gave them money during the telecon though. My hill now has an appropriate obsidian tower for all the neighbors to hate.

18. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If there is an Lord British NPC in game we meet at the end of Episode 1, he should give us our pocket watch.

#Ultima7ReferencesAllDayLong

19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Do a telethon for tamabale drakes/young dragons if you want to make 500k in 12 hours

20. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I would also like to actually see some decoration items for these telethons. I'm still hoping one day I can proudly display the beautiful Sword of the Ba'Heer if they actually one day allow us to display gear as deco if we chose to.

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.