Here are some things about PVP that come to attention..........

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

First of all PVP is not really good in this game! Had to start with that!

the problems i see with pvp and people wanting to get involved is the cost, there are so many negatives to PVP right now you have to stop and think to yourself ....is it really worth it and can i afford it?

the answer as of now is no it is not! My armor and weapons to make me viable in pvp are way too expensive, i cant afford to replace etc... ( i know some of you are like well its easy to afford it, but its only easy if your rich, in game and out! I could run around in founder/benefactor armor and you will never be able to take it, i can use founder/benefactor weapons and you will never be able to take it! So what will you get from me?

a hand
    a skull
    a bunch of paper
    some reagents if i use them

Will i pay the ransom to get them back Nope! Useless items! You wont wear your best armor since its takes to long to craft or collect money to buy back those items! Im not running into a zone where people spend 12 hour days grinding, next to my 4 to 6 hours, i work for a living i dont have that type of time daily, some of us have families we need/should spend time with, very few have neither of the two, so you will always have a small number of people in PVP, its just the plain facts.

I love PVP, but not in this game! It takes way too long to get to the point where your able to hold your own against others, it takes way too much time to make armor and weapons (not to mention the gathering of those!) Crafting takes way too long as well, when i get home from work i dont want to go back to work and thats what this game has become another job where we dont get paid! 2 bad things there.

I understand that the devs want you to take your time and play the game through quests and stuff (those take too much time as well except for a few) , but i think that design helps push people away from not only PVP but the game itself. I understand some people just love to craft and take all the time in the world personally i do not, i dont make enough money off drops to go buy anything powerful or good enough for PVP. There is way too much in this game that needs to be done for the final product (crafting is ridiculous) half of those items needed to make something are not really needed to make something like that in rl ( yeah i know this aint real life, but all the work needed is not much fun either!

Notice i didnt put anything in here on what needs to be done, i did that on purpose! It leaves this open for a general discussion on what could make this game and PVP much better! All ideas are welcome and i think that all the Devs need to read what people type to make this game much more enjoyable.

*disclosure* - This is my opinion because as of right now the game and flagging PVP to me is not that enjoyable to many negatives to both. its more work than fun.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    3devious, Gix, Stundorn and 6 others like this.
  2. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

In game, i see lots of players flagged PvP. The only time I am not flagged is when I am transporting goods or crafting. Sure I have died a lot, but as long as I have gold i don't let the danger of dying and getting looted a problem. Even if I loose crafted gear, its just a game! I might win something back in a future fight. I have never heard a complaint about the PvP system from inside of the game from people actually participating in PvP.

Then I come on the forum and all I hear is complaints and reasons why players will "never flag". The truth is, the most vocal opponents of the PvP systems being developed will not be satisfied until they are guaranteed victory in every fight.
    My message to those players: Don't let life pass you by.
    1. If you are really a PvP person, please participate so we can formulate real feedback from actual experience, and have something constructive to bring to the forum and to the attention of the developers.
    2. If you are not a PvP person or just boycotting the system, it is best to stay out of the conversation until after launch.

Stundorn, Mac2, OxNull and 5 others like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You know what this thread was a suggestion thread so unless you have a suggestion your message is null and void! The topic was what could make pvp and the game better and more enjoyable, which it is not in my opinion, in fact i think the risk vs reward sucks! if you dont then youve never really PVPd for a reward *pvp is not the reward, its there already*, if your happy with pvp, good for you! next time leave a suggestion to make the PVP and game better! Then maybe we can listen to what you think would make pvp or the game better!

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

PvP in SotA isn't perfect by any stretch.....its getting better, the less handholding and "protection" the better..........the introduction of faction based systems will also be good.

Until its complete, just have to make do with current systems and create fun.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

anyone can take advantage of a low level character right envy? I admit i do like your videos! I just hope you stay true to your word when i ghost you! remember my song as your body lays there motionless:)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok so we had our fun, can we get back on track on to what would make PVP more fun, and the game more fun. (ps. @E n v y those were the good ole days)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Dying isnt the issue. Replacing what you lost is, the time and the gold or both. and the drops suck as well, so what i wish would happen is (first we need the ability to drop gold in banks) but after that any gold on a person you killed should be lootable, so if you just killed someone and got gold from them or armor or weapons, then when i kill you i should be able to get all those off your body, plus your stuff! that would be a step closer to some good PVP in my eyes. I would probably spend more time in PVP. When i played UO pre trammel and after trammel i was in PVP all the time, the risk was worth the reward when i got to loot a body clean.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

to bring some truth to this video Ebon Viper asked for that ass whoopin and Envy abliged! So he didnt really take advantage (this time :D) of a low level character! Ok back to main topic!

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im confused.

15 min and you can get 7 rusty daggers.

Boom you just halfed your chance of loosing something * good * if your wearing your good stuff.

So.. if the cost is whats killen ya.. just take some daggers and wands into PvP? (In your pack )

How is the ransom system being so easily bypassed both the solution to your main complaint, and also not on your list lol?

Kigu Starfish (Kor) likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ransom system sucks, i normally carry 100 pieces of paper, but when wearing your good stuff its one of the first things to go on a high %, hence the reason everyone is running around with packs full of daggers/paper whatever else, and add on/founder gear, yeah that really fixed PVP for all its worth! There is no reward in any kills, but junk! Oh yeah im going to jump right in there for nothing with everything to lose LOL. If i wore my good stuff in PVP i would be one of the small percentages that do wear thier best (which you should if in PVP) only difference is i dont have alot of gold to resupply and im not paying a stupid ransom thats lame. So come up with something that makes it worth our time in pvp, i can triple gold i make in PVP in Non-PVP on any given day only difference is i still have my stupid expensive stuff. Oh and that ransom is not even close to a solution.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

?
    Im yet to myself or guildy ever even change gear for pvp, its that ignorable.

So yea hold on. Your claiming its easily bypassed, and ignorable, but alsp that you always loose your good stuff?

I agree the ransom system needs a lot of work. To easily bypassed. But i reaallly dont think as many players switch gear as you think.
    And the exp part isnt important.. neither is the gold.
    You flag for the fun of player vs player. And yes thats lacking.

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

the only solution ive found for these problems is to stop focusing on PVP and just go around and kill things at my leisure (which is a shame since i used to love PVP until this set up we have here!) its really and honestly a waste of my time atm, Some people PVP to boast how good they are to others and rub it in, some pvp cause they enjoy just fighting each other (which we can do in a duel, never mind going into pvp) others like the loot aspect of it which this game has complete zero,

what the hell am i going to do with rusty daggers and pieces of paper?? How much is that worth? Is it worth losing stuff that i paid for in gold??? Nope not even a slight bit. The main problem with PVP in this game is portalarium caters to the non pvp crowd, and personally i dont think the non pvp crowd should have any say so in something they will never do, or claim they will never do! I will listen attentively to PVP peoples concerns about PVP but turn a deaf ear to those that do not PVP or claim they will never PVP, since most of the time those particular people have no clue of what PVP is besides just being Pkd.

I remember when "Orc" was in UO running around in their Orc gear, attacking those that opposed Orcs, or came around thier "claimed territory ( this is the same Orc as there was there im guessing?) theres the real PVP (and some RP for those Rprs) i know. Im not saying make this UO im saying see what was done there that so many PVP people liked and add it here for PVP.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Forgive me if i seem passionate about PVP, but i am this is the only game in my life where you could play PVP and i choose not too. A wise man once told me in order to fix a problem you need to bring a solution to the table, which i have over the years on many levels. So lets start with the problem in my opinion...........

Looting sucks
    there is no reason to risk anything so why flag?
    The trade off for wins and loses are pretty much zero!
    Why would i go into PVP? Give me something if im willing to die and lose crap! ( if you die in PVE you lose nothing but pride and minimum exp and get a death timer ohh thats risky!)
    One of the first killers of PVP in this game is people can run around in founder armor/benefactor armor and weapons and not lose anything but the 100 rusty daggers in their bag (not worth the fight for me win or lose)

There's a few for starters, granted some people are satisfied with what we got, personally i am not and i know a lot of others are not satisfied with it as well. So what can we do to make the PVP more enjoyable for us that love to PVP??

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Also why we have been pushing them to make a better more meaningful experiance.

The post mortem questions show real promise. It sounds like the coming guild wars and features related will be where its at. Everything till then is just filler imo.

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i agree with that to an extent, but guild wars is a bit different, its more like factions. For me there is nothing worth going into PVP atm. Somone came up with an idea of having PVE be in warring areas and gathering resources until one side wins or the other, thats stupid! Im sorry but it was a good try, if your in a war innocent or not collecting resource for your side, you should also be killable! First step in any war is to cut off the enemies resources!

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I rarely PVP since the PVP is a fail, i have been in PVP each release to see if it has gotten worse or better, and im not satisfied still with it. alot is still missing for me to enjoy it. I do buy stuff from your vendor alot i think? I know pretty much all the PVPers in the game as well. :cool: even you! Maybe i just saw your name on stuff i bought, i cant find a vendor for you where i normally shop?

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok back to solutions to make PVP more viable!

18. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

I disagree pvp is expensive. It can be, but you can easily take the precautions we all know about. If you dont unstack your items, pad your inventory then yeah you are at risk of the pvp loot system, good for the person that PK'd you. There needs to be some reward for pvp and I believe the current loot system is fine for now, its not broken, it works as intended and players can greatly reduce the risk of loss so that its not even that bad.

The idea you have to be wearing +13 gear is false, yes there are people that will easily rock you, but the vast majority of players are not decked out. If you care about hitting your maximum potential than yea gear matters, but if you just like to enjoy in some open world pvp, gear doesn't matter that much out there. There are way more people that are of average level, im saying 50/50/50 in stats than people that are 75-100 in their stats.

Pad your inventory, take some precautions, and have some fun. Yes you might loose an equipped item once or twice, but the amount of times i've died its just been junk given to the person that pk'd me. We can kid ourselves about the pvp system and I agree it could be better and get improvements, but there is no reason to be participating right now. Thats the only way it will get better faster..... Just sitting on the side lines throwing opinions wont improve anything.

-There is not a lot need to get involved in pvp, just takes some effort to prevent the effects, negligence on the players side shouldn't be used to weaken the pvp system.
    -You will loose some money, but it is not as much as you are making it sound to be, now if you are constantly getting pk'd over and over I would evaluate flagging for pvp or ask for assistance. But it does not cost much to pvp prepared.

Edit:
    I dont think your system is any better than what is in place or what is wrong with pvp atm. Youre still dropping equipment, so you will still be loosing your hard earned gear. If you dont like the pvp in the game currently thats unfortunate, but I dont think the system needs a complete overhaul from the already planned trajectory in place. It needs some buffs, but the basic loot system in place I dont see changing much.

19. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I start PvP threads once in a while over the past 2 years to be sure. My latest suggestion is to reevaluate hit chance in PvP when it comes to difference of level. I think it makes too much of a difference. Most people would benefit from a more level playing field.

20. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

I would love to see ways for low level characters to participate in PVP as more than just victims. As long as players believe they have to spend hundreds of hours building up skills to stand any chance, things are going to be sparse in PVP land. Perhaps new players would benefit from some type of matchmaking mechanic that allows players to fight others at their own level. If this could be done in a way that doesn't feel like a mini-game, then I'd be all for it. But I'm not creative enough to figure out how to do it immersively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.