1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 staying open for testing longer duration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Right, I'm talking about the resulting bug report that comes from a game client (which gets cut off if the PC crashes instead afaik), which most definitely is a part of all early testing like this. Besides that, they've actually said in recent videos that they CAN see a lot more data on the fly from players in the game than what you are saying, so you're dead wrong on that as well leading me to believe you are just wrong in general.

Ultimately, you're not arguing against any of my points and instead are coming off as hostile and condescending questioning how I am testing. How bout sit back and let the actual bosses weigh in if they feel I should be doing something different?

Open PvP area on the overworld map plz, just for the weekend kicks.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Prior to the launch of R1 RG said that the Dev team had to pressure him into disabling the guards, else we would have all been on the chopping block.

Kvothe Kingkiller likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

I think they should turn it back on, assuming Owl's Head has any laws at all. Hmm, I wonder when guards will actually patrol the roads in wilderness scenes?

4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

They cant see your keyboard or computer screen.

Look, whatever you want to believe, great.

I have only been doing software design, development, testing and rollout for 20+ years.

What do I know.

Cheers.

Korvash likes this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I think the reason was in R1 the only way we could get items was to loot chests - stealing. So yeah, maybe it can be turned on.

6. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Shoulda probably spent 1 of those 20 years on reading comprehension, since you still do not understand what im saying. Been repeatedly saying i am referring to the client generated bug report which doesnt happen if the PC crashes instead of the client. With all your training i don't believe that youd STILL be clueless as to what im sayin.
    Also ive said multiple times that I KNOW what the issue is and its my ram, making a bug report worthless to begin with.
    Just keep trollin trollin trollin.

Once again to recap what i asked, plz put a pvp area on the overworld map to save my poor comp from more violent crashes :D

7. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Awesome, I think everyone that is playing is really enjoying it already even in such an early stage.

8. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I would be enjoying it but havent been able to log in for more than a few seconds since Friday :(

9. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

Glad to have a chance to run around the world and get an idea of what the future of the game will be.

thank you,

owens casey

Duke Invidia (Envy) likes this.
  10. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

I would like it to be turned on. You get starting items, and crafting is viable now. Its fairly easy to start off without stealing stuff in major cities, and I'm interested in guard alert range, reactions, etc. if you do decide to lose your virtues. You can always get stuff from caves, battle camps, an dungeons, although those are tougher in the beginning when you have next to nothing. ....but isn't that the point?

Duke Invidia (Envy) likes this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The virtue system is not on the table for testing. So I can't see what the purpose of having it on would be. I can see how it could get in the way though.

It's going to be part of the game, so I know the feeling for wanting it on.

This is pre-Alpha and they have a focus. If the guards putting the smack down on people is productive and enhances the testing the devs are doing (notice I said the dev, not the players) then turn it on. If it's not productive then, still, turn it on. If it is counter productive, by all means, leave it off.

We have no info to know what value there would be do turn that on.

12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Anyone else losing connection after about a minute of being in game?

13. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I lost connection because I had to get in my car and drive to work. Hope Chris is working on that one :)

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

A patch :D

15. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This isn't true. Virtue tracking is in the game right now. You can ask the oracle about your virtue progress, and there are actions that impact your virtues (cursing at NPCs, for example); we plan to add more each release.

Siili, Sunswords, Mitch [MGT] and 9 others like this.
  16. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

maybe this is what the statue head will do...hmmm

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not quite what I mean. Info on how we as players test the virtues is not really available. Knowing that there is some kind of tracking would open up testing to the creative player but it's not really open to us as of yet.

What is going on behind the scene, monitoring human action, that's testing for sure. Context wise, dev testing probably has been going on in many areas that the players are unaware.

So when I say the virtue system is not on the table. I mean the release notes do not focus on virtues at this point. When the release note have the virtue system details the players will dive on it and run it through the works.

Player table vs Dev table.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Does anyone know if combat tweaks are being made between official releases or not?

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm normally not hip to wiping down character progress because it causes me to have to grind. But when it comes to the virtue system, please feel free to wipe often!

Also, what virtue is cursing at an NPC again?

20. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Patience, kindness, goodness, self-control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.