The PvE/PvP Conundrum

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by TemplarAssassin, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah none the less id rather buy from a player, anyways! Im a firm supporter of other players.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I don't disagree with anything you wrote... I am, however, curious about what any of this has to do with my post you quoted?

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Um theyre talking about the need of crafting people, and PVP, and PVE so thats what i quoted and what theyre worth is

here
    Enderandrew said -
    several crafters have cited that very concern though, that if people only want replacement level starter gear, that isn't good for them. Crafters want a market of high end gear.

Rufus D`Asperdi said:
    I dispute the supposition that PvP makes crafters more valuable. This May be true if the PvP victors stored their loot in vast underground warehouses, never doing anything with it, rather than setting up a vendor and selling it.​

If the latter, then Crafters are no more valuable than before, as the equipment is still in circulation, and still in use, and still in need of the same amount of repair.​

What is actually happening is that the PvP enthusiasts are using PvP to collect their wares to make money rather than making it themselves. They farm it off of their opponents.​

your kind of confusing me with that question.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The initial statement should have been:
    "I dispute the supposition that Full Loot makes crafters more valuable."

If you read further down, you will see that I noted the error and corrected myself and said Full Loot, not PvP.

PvP itself, any combat in a system that has item degretation and repair obviously benefits crafters.

Full Loot, contrary to the belief of some, does not, unless the victors either store or destroy the items they loot, does nothing to increase the demand for crafters.
    What Full Loot WILL do is increase the flow of goods through the economy, increasing cash flow, assuming that the captured goods aren't destroyed or stored, benefiting the PvP Victors who will have ready access to resalable good for a very low investment in time an materials, providing them with an economic advantage over the crafters that produced the equipment in the first place, being able to sell their captured goods for a fraction of the cost of the original.

Ned888 likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok im actually trying to understand what your saying..............so if i as a PVP get ganked, and lose my stuff i will have to go to a crafter to get those said items replaced for a price, i would suspect. In turn if i am the ganker i take the goods i stole sell them to a crafter to make stuff with that may or may not benefit me personally, but in the long run keeps the crafter crafting. Its not like somone will go to a crafter and say "i just ganked jon so heres his goods so you can smelt them down and increase your monetary gain" What i was trying to point out is economics are based on supply and demand if im killed in pvp and my stuff is looted i will go to a crafter and say "can you make me this, ill pay you this" crafter now makes money and sells his goods which go back to the economy. Thats what i was trying to imply, crafter needs work pvp needs goods.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, and Full Loot is a zero sum game in that regard.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i totally disagree with that statement! I think it does have its place especially when you have the option not to play it! We PVP are not trying to force you to play PVP to the full extent or even trying to grief those that do not wish it! we want everyone, ill say it again "Everyone" to be able to play thier way! So when you flag something less than what "we" think is PVP, that is fine with us since it doesnt effect our game style! In turn we all get to play the way we play both PVP and PVE. No one will be forcing you to flag for anything. If they do then i stand by you when you say you dont want to play that way!

fantalio likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

the thing that i am not seeing in any of these PVP/PVE forums, is a compromise from anyone, if i choose to play PVE, then i will play by those rules, if i choose to play PVP i will play by those rules, its a give and take situation, no matter what form of PVP/PVE you decide to play. PVE is not going to have the same rule set as PVP and vice versus. We need to deal with those rules that are set before us on both.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

For those who haven't seen the news, first pvp iteration is planned for R8.

10. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Just to put it out there, compromise is a loaded term and means something different to everyone. I personally believe the current PVP plan is a compromise. Not between PVP and PVE players, but a compromise between the Devs and the Community. This is why I think some people don't see a compromise because they focus on the us vs them mentality of the player base rather than understanding that Portalarium is actually responsible for the scope and delivery of the product.

As such, it is not up to us to make a compromise between each other, but for us to communicate our desires to the Devs who will ultimately average out those desires and deliver the game they want to make and they think we want to play.

jiirc and blaquerogue like this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then we disagree, and I'm tired of talking about it... It doesn't have anything to do with forcing anyone to do anything. It's simply math.
    You're trying to attribute to me motivations which simply do not exist.

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

PvP looting trades items it doesn't removed the item. You go to a vendor to get gear. That doesn't mean it was a newly created item from the crafters. There is no economy increase when a PvPer loots something and resells it.

There must be a mechanic in places to push that factor. Such as looted items are broken and need to be repaired when looted during PvP.

Ned888 likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

even if they smelt it down and create something else? or fix it up and sell it?

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Is there smelting in SotA? Will the raw materials be more valuable than the end product? Why smelt something they can sell outright.

15. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

We should get back on topic before this is closed. I mean, it has already been heavily edited and even the topic was renamed by the Mods, so lets not push it.

On topic, the OP is quite correct. Captain Jack simply will put forth the following as an answer: Non-PvP backers have donated more money than PvP backers. Game over for PvP backers, this is not a majority opinion game, this is a majority dollars game.

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  16. Xail

Xail Avatar

Hi,

where can I read this important official news?

Thx

17. Xail

Xail Avatar

I mean about this: "For those who haven't seen the news, first pvp iteration is planned for R8."
    X

18. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Xail, the pvp announcement was the last line of Darkstarr's post on Release 7 instructions.

19. Xail

Xail Avatar

Than you very much!

Very exciting news... :)

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

And who does the PvPer lose to prey tell? A loser means there's a winner. For this argument everything averages out. No net gain. The only potential here is for repairs and that's iffy. There isn't enough information to make a solid argument here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.