The PvPvE Compromise

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Stundorn, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Could you explain how these "guild sieges" would work please ?
    It's late, will check back tomorrow...
    Night people.... ;)

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seems like i was easy to missunderstand anyway if i look @FrostII replys ^^

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Like in th KS 2mio USD goal for example.
    Though i could come up with a ton of other ideas.
    I btw did. Quite often.
    But then i stopped to care.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Tell you what...
    Go back and read the whole thing again and we can continue this discussion tomorrow, if you wish.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Fair enough ^^
    Have a good one.

Numa likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I don't say we need MMO force PvP 24/7 but I suggest it's a compromise to not locking people from content!
    Now i am completely locked off of PvP only scenes if I don't want to PvP.
    For me and I believe for most other PvE players it feels just bad and not really consensual.
    You cannot choose if you want PvP or not, you can choose to flag or not AND to not visit a couple of scenes which are somewhat special, and maybe just because they are related to lore.

I understand a lot of PvPers here stating that PvP needs a meaning and it sounds like the powerplay meaning PvP can have.
    To make it completely an option and for the PvE feel they don't miss something and aren't locked off, they argue then PvP has no more meaning.
    Ofc there can be other Meanings and mechanics.

I need MP for RP and socializing things. This is still possible in my compromise.
    I want to be able to Coop PvE in all scenes and don't like to be locked off if I don't want to PvP.

This was the intention of my suggest, to grant the PvPers all scenes in MP PvP . They can take over passes or scenes with good XP or gold output etc.
    Well that's the powerplay meaning aspect of PvP. But I allways here people say UO successor pre trammel and things.
    I think some people here would like to have open PvP and can live with ransom and not full loot.

And then PvP is an option, the only thing you can't do without PvP is PvE with more than 8 people.
    But there is no content or good mechanics for PvE with more than 8 people, right?

Maybe FM can expand over time and to PvE co-op you one day will be able with 12 or even more and we get raids.

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Can you explain how this will be possible in your compromise?
    I buy the game and don't want to pvp so boot up friends only mode.
    There are no other people in my friend list because I haven't met anyone.
    I can't meet anyone because I'm in friends only mode...

This is not a compromise.

StarLord likes this.
  8. Armar

Armar Avatar

Why not see it as an challenge and either have guild members train for PvP combat or just hire mercs. There are also enough RP guilds with an PvP chapter so you could ask them for assistance.

// Armar

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Did you read that PoT owners can choose to set their PoT non PvP and that i thought over to have some NPC cities safe as well, some with pvp + guards and maybe some are open PvP without any protection?
    OW Map in MP is even no PVP.
    Open PvP MP is for all PvE scenes in MP are open PvP.
    Do you make social events in PvE scenes?
    FM has nothing to do with Friendlist, you can PvE with everyone in your group in FM.
    What you cannot is safe PvE with more than 8 people.
    For MP events in a safe PoT or NPC City etx. You have to switch mode.
    That's maybe a little bit annoying.
    The challenge is playtime and grind, therefore i cannot challenge with someone playing 5-10 hrs a day an have a effective playstyle for best outcome XP and gold wise, because i am more the cozy coop player.

10. Armar

Armar Avatar

You can zerg "them". And there is nearly nothing to loose anyway.....

Make a "RPers/PvErs go Blood Bay day" :) Ever saw at least two hundred PvE'er plus some PvPers smash a PK Clan? I did.

// Armar

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Really want me to organize a Zerg ?

Not fun, sorry

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I did read this but what it means is that if I was on multiplayer I would be effectively locked out of some towns unless I was to switch to friends at which point I wouldn't be able to meet any of the people that live in that town

13. Armar

Armar Avatar

Just come up with "something"....

14. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Was well thought out, but do not like the idea of splitting the player base and having to switch modes just because. I routinely group with people flagged for PVP to run dungeons etc, having to switch modes for that would be extremely annoying to most people.

For those who want to PVP all of the time... simply stay flagged.
    There are already achievements etc for kills etc in Steam.
    You already get an exp bonus for being flagged.

So no.

Numa, Boris Mondragon and Stundorn like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

voice of reason!

Onyx and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Maybe I didn't get it right, because of language, but I don't know from what you were locked out.

You can visit all towns in MP and FM.
    Those who set their town protected will be allways safe spots, no PvP , beside Duells.
    Those who let their town unprotected are PvP towns for MP and FM as well.
    If you don't want to PvP you won't visit PvP towns, this is the same situation as now.
    Well I have to say that I believe that beside the owners who already have their town set PvP will protect their town and would flag it as a save spot.
    So about PoT you can visit them all, some will be still PvP like it ist atm.
    About NPC City's, let's take the variations aside a moment, they are all open PvP, but you can enter them in FM with your party and have no enemy's around.
    Ah I think I know what you mean, you then cannot meet people in NPC Cities what are not in your group, if you don't want to PvP and are forced to only visit this towns in FM.
    Hm, yes.

What I want to say... I argued allways for PvE and want PvP be 100% an option without beeing locked of scenes .
    Then I had this idea what is more arguing about pro pvp, because I don't want to lock of PvP from something , because I want this or that.
    I just tryed to flip side and make another compromise, granting PvP much more than I usually did.

To me the game is a co-op roleplay sandbox, and MP isn't important to me for PvE , because it's solo or group content.
    MP for me is important to socialize etc, but this is what happens in cities and PoTs, therefore I suggested to let the PoT Owners the option to have their town allways protected and some NpC cities protected as well, no PvP their, strong Oracle in town or something like that, some NPC cities are open PvP and somewhat protected by guards and some are just open PvP without any protection.
    Yes, this cities without full protection can just run events in MP with PVP and if you don't want to PvP you can only go there in FM or SPO.

Edit: Maybe guards aren't possible or some want to use all cities free and in MP.
    I have no Problem with all cities are protected and no PvP is allowed, beside pots who decide to flag (like now).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

NOCH nicht..... :p j/k, all good.
    Everybody is entitled to his opinion.
    Actually i am quite happy that you are so dedicated about this stuff. Shows you care.
    I just don't agree with you, lol.

Stundorn likes this.
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Stundorn; What you are suggesting is UO Felucca and NPC towns being Bucs Den with a few guards that will get destroyed by a strong group. Reason they introduced Trammel was to increase the player base which is beneficial to Portalarium (More people, more money). You want to entice PVP flagging?, simple to do. Increase PVP flagged xp to 30% and non flagged to 15%. When you double the xp gained in adventuring and crafting by being flagged the gains outweigh the risk. You want large scale battles, have guild wars and alliances with key locations that can reward large gold amounts to those controlling it for more than 2 hours. Simple solutions without forcing a particular playstyle down people's throats or splitting the player base. R/Boris

Stundorn likes this.
  19. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

SotA is in the eleventh hour of development. Drastic changes like making the world PvP are unlikely. Indeed this is not a new proposal,; it has been hammered on repeatedly over the last three years. Portalarium has heard the arguments. They've made their decision.

Instead of retreading this worn trail again, I suggest you spend the time reading the hundreds of old posts debating this very proposal.

Chatele, FrostII and Widsith [MGT] like this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im gonna have to agree. Its time for PvP people to start standing up to the extreme anti-PvP'ers that are quite amazing at PvP on the forums.

We should give people +50% exp for PvP flag and -25% for no flag to get more people to PvP and help make up for the negatives of flagging PvP with the weak design in the game for it now. PvE'ers should be penalized for not playing the game... based on its kick starter goals... to its fullest extent.

Armar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.