What does Blood Bay bring to the table?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by MrBlight, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

@Vas Corp Por is the lore of Blood Bay still a work in progress or can you share in-depth details about the scene and its town, volcano, blood red waters, resources, mobs, attached scenes, the dragon!, etc... ? Of particular interest to me are the zone-in points that are player-selected through the ferry, and what makes them good starting points. I also have selfish reasons for wanting to know - if I can generate enough interest, I hope to see Blood Nation (guild) become a warrior tribe that inhabits Blood Bay - so, any spoilers you can share regarding housing would be most welcome.

Brass Knuckles and Numa like this.
  2. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Both dungeons under BB will be PVP (The Fall and KRUL)

As for the origins fictionally, it's a huge shardfall that caused the volcanic eruption. All the toxic minerals thrown out by the volcano cause the water's color and make it inhospitable. Originally, just Kobolds lived in the area working with the obsidian and researching power sources for their 'clockwork' technology. It being uninhabited but still within reach of major ports drew the attention of lots of brigands and unsavory types (ok let's just call a pirate a pirate) that set up a port on the safest rim of the atoll. This became Scoundrel's hold. Eventually their piracy drew enough attention that naval powers and merchant community interests established a sister community to keep an eye on the scoundrels (this became Judge's Watch).

@Lum the Mad please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this or elaborate on the nations involved.

The plan is still to have the banks and merchants only be accessible to people with like-alignment in each town. The big flat beachheads on the north and south sides are the spots open to be settled by outlanders, so people may want to move to the side appropriate to their alignment but as of now, to my knowledge, this won't be in any way enforced.

There's a few Kobolds and their clockwork machinations outside the entrance to KRUL, but they are self sufficient down in their lair and rarely interact with the human inhabitants. Elementals are the pervasive hostile creatures, living in areas suited to their nature. There's also a lot of island crocs in the swampy area to the south. The Red Sash brigands also have an interest here (they have a store house of completely above-board and legal goods somewhere in the southern beachhead), as well as their own airship docked on the western side. I'm hoping we can incorporate them more into the story and dealings with the two towns.

There are ferry docks on the east side of each town, as well as the one on the 'back side' (West) of the island. The backside ferry is going to be furthest from housing or bank access, but the island is so large it gives a good point for people wanting to access The Fall (pvp dungeon whose entrance is on the upper trail in the ruins) and it helps spread out zone-in points for a 'safer' entry. Both housing areas have room for 1 castle lot, 2 keep lots, 4 towers etc. etc. (so multiply by 2 for the whole island) but they'll work like POT housing (people can rotate and freely move their lots within the flat areas). We want to avoid people creating impenetrable walls of houses, so a little buffer is probably going to be enforced between structures. If you're a more traditional 'Buccs Den' type (I certainly was), I'd suggest the Scoundrel's Hold dock. That's where I want my house!

@Sannio may have better insight into creatures and lore also (he's responsible for the spawning and a lot of the functionality of the NPCs on the island)

Blood Nation sounds awesome!

I'm really interested in PvP and have been joining the PvP dojo sessions to learn more, but no, I'm not an engineer involved in the systems of how that's going to work in the future. I do pass along everyone's good ideas about PvP features and questions to the appropriate people though, so those did get heard.

I really like the idea of PvP gear. Do you need PvP kills or 'points' to be able to craft each piece? Perhaps we can incorporate a vendor for usable badges to make virtuous and anti-virtue gear in the respective towns? I really liked the idea about controlling a space for long enough to then be allowed to arrange segments of walls, perhaps being granted a special title, for a 'king of the hill' type objective. I passed those along. Maybe you can get extra points towards a PvP leader-board if/when those are implemented?

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think just crafting in the zone would be enough however remember silver coin drops in uo factions (or simply use the bone((teeth from the jaw bones)) drops currently in the system)... this might be a fun idea people could buy these silver coins/jaw bone drops on vendors all over.

Duke Avery and Vas Corp Por like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.