What PvP Players can look forward to

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by enderandrew, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

So you pledge to dump gold into repairs & reagents in order to PvE, and take zero loot/general rewards?

Sent from my EVA Unit-01 using Tapatalk

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

or you could sell them some! :) what if you practiced for a play and finally got everything memorized and because of a draw of the cards you forget all your lines!? why did you work so hard to get it all right to have it taken based on chance!? If you are well trained, you should never have to forget your lines! that's why some of us are actors and others are not! The actor has been in acting school for so long and someone like me would rather go to the show than act in it because i have no acting skills! we could also use D&D as an example, the rogue needs high dexterity to beat the rolls on his jumping hiding etc.. the Warrior on the other hand needs high strength and constitution to survive in a battle! while the warrior is using his trained skill to fight the rogue is using his trained skill to sneak around and back stab surprise attack the opponent! you will never see a fully armored warrior sneaking around! and you will never see a shady rogue run head on into a war!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

Well your description is not correct, but if I get at the gist of what you're really trying to say without flamebaiting me, i think you meant to ask :

"you dont want any pve loot or general rewards then?"

to which my answer would be :

"sure, the SAME rewards that pvpers can get, not special ones.

But even then, no, i dont really play for that. I play because i enjoy crafting things and mining, and fishing. I can spend a day by a lake fishing in game with a mug of ale and have an amazing time, i dont do it for the reward.

Time Lord and Phredicon like this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think a lot of people just cant grasp the idea that some of us do not like crafting in the least bit, we would rather excel in combat instead! Because we enjoy it like some enjoy crafting! there is another game on kick starter that is solely based on crafting! so you crafters may want to take look at that! maybe that is more of a forte for you! personally i do not want to craft at all id rather buy from other players, pve or pvp doesnt matter as long as it is a player and not an NPC.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

You are wrong. We get your love for PvP. Thats why we dont understand why you dont just PvP with others who love to PvP. OTOH why do people insist on ganking and griefing people who dont want to play it that way.

I support Open PvP, Full Loot, BUT ONLY CONSENSUAL. end of story.

6. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

then we somewhat agree! i would rather be in a PVP section with other PVP people! Im not saying do away with PVE i want them to have theirs also! My slider thing will be in the most PVP i can get, since i did pay for the game as well! It would be stupid to quit altogether unless by some miracle archeage came out! Even if i cant get wht i want i will chalk this off as an online single player game and play that! then delete it off my PC when ive finished it, just like dragon age and Kingdoms of Amular, bioshock and fall out series!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The examples used by RG and Chris have been for both PvP and PvE. Some times the mats will require you to flag for PvP and some times the mats will be in high level MOB areas.

Thing is, with a high level MOB, you have to fight it. With PvP, everyone could just agree to let someone have it. POOF risk averted.

Time Lord, Akeashar and Acrylic 300 like this.
  9. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

From day one have devs said that there wont be a full open PvP, even kick-starter hardly mention PvP. So question is why the must a RP part of the players that do not want full open PvP go away? I really looking forward to this Fantasy Role Playing game with optional PvP and I hope it will get a really good RP community and since RG have showed us before that that is what he really good at I think my hopes will come true.

And about looking at other games instead:
    There is a HUGE mount of full open PvP games out there right now perhaps you can look at some of them? Because there is hardly any good RPGs out there.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Ara

Ara Avatar

There is a huge difference btw random damage as in old UO and not being able to choose what skill to use.

Old UO and most other games aren't random that way.

That remove for me all interest in even taking part in SotA PvP.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there are hardly any good PVP games out there! WoW sucks, Rifts Sucks, pretty much all of them do! I do still play UO and i can get my PVP on there if i feel the need! I really hope this turns out good as well! i was not telling them to go anywhere i was just saying it was out there one of my friends showed me the game and its pretty awesome except theres really no battles etc.. I know a few crafters really like it! So i was mentioning it but i cant remember the name? I could get the name when my friend comes back on.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

UO also allowed for PKers to macro and reduce the need for player skill.

Time Lord and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  13. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

As far as decks go, I'm not going to knock it until I try it. I know games like Magic the Gathering host tournaments all over the globe and have world champions and it takes a great deal of strategy to build a deck and know when to play the right cards.

MTG is one of the most balanced PvP games out there. People whine about over powered decks, but someone always comes along with a counter deck.

I'm not saying I like the idea, but it's definitely a bold step. I at least want the chance to try it since it's a new idea.

Time Lord, Phredicon and Margard like this.
  14. Ara

Ara Avatar

UO used UO assist, not razor. Just about all used it so it was no advantage.

Razor were used on freeshards.

Krioss and easy UO was bannable third party programs.

Developers and Gamemasters have a responsibility to remove cheaters from ANY game.

UO was all about player skills and the ones that claim it wasn't dont know what they're talking about.

15. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

All players could macro.

16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I still maintain that firing off a macro is not player skill.

Time Lord and BillRoy like this.
  17. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Fixed that for ya :)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

But you are speaking a lot of crafter, thing is that just because you want to have a good RPG without Open PvP you do not need to be crafter. I know several players in real lift and a whole bunch on this forum that want to be explorer, hunters and things like that that don't want an open PvP game. I have played WoW for a whole week, got a free week test play and it was one of the worst game I have ever played. Truly lousy role-playing from was I experienced.

And if you look at a game like RUST, it have role-playing elements but not as hard as SotA will have but it's open full PvP game, so there is that kind of games out there.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. shadofire

shadofire Avatar

Full Open PvP probably won't work too well; with how attitudes have changed in the gaming MMO world since the dawn of ages some remember as UO, EQ, Runescape, RO... whatever old-school taught you to fight harder and evolve to the environment of playing a video game with other human beings involved. Someone will always get butthurt, and there is no way to avoid the chaos that is human reaction.

I'll support optional PvP all the way, as long as it's done in a fair manner.. and I'm sure the Dev's and our player base will be able to at least work together and make sure no one is cheating the system. I think personally, it might even help the cause of PvP if we do it right. Players will feel safe enough in their realm of simple living that they may grow curious, and chance to do something daring, and create that one glorious Red bastard they've kept locked up inside. There are ways to make the risks worth it, enough that we can have a rich and immersive PvP experience; now that this game is so much like a living, material world. Yeah, you could donate to the free shards for some swank loot. It was in poor taste, most of the time. Thus far, from looking thru all of the items for sale (and I am by no means financially stable); I can say the cost looks fair, and I would be willing to invest in PvP specific items, well aware that if I screw up I might lose the things earned by the sweat of my brow and aching of my brain.

Time Lord, blaquerogue and Morkul like this.
  20. Ara

Ara Avatar

There was no series of skills used, it was one at a time. UO assist gave you the option to put for example e-bolt to keyboard button 4, nothing else.

You couldn't cast 2 spells at the same time with a macro in UO. There were no premade series of skills used.

So 1 skill at the time and you had to time it perfectly as a mage. And it was loads of tactics.

All player skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.