Why i flag myself PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

This is just for your reasoning for flagging PVP! (Pkrs also included! :))

*This post is not to tell us why you dont pvp, or why its not good to pvp so please post that in other posts*

Just because your flagged pvp, does not mean you have to kill each other over and over just because your flagged PVP!
    From my experience Ive seen maybe 1 to 4 PKs that kill just to kill, there is normally a motive behind it, a reason, whether it be riches, personal issues, guild affiliation whatever.

I flag myself PVP #1 because i love the excitement of it! I like going out and finding the "bad guy" the Pkr, and killing him off! Even if you personally are the victim of the PK, and dont agree with me going and killing him off for that!

Keep in mind i am playing my game, my roll play, and my character as i would play if it was a real scenario, back in the age of fire and steel.

I will go out and actively look for Pkrs, grieving others, and just plain being jerks to other people (Example; ganking noobs)

That is my roll play, and i shouldn't have to play your roll play! I didn't get this game for you or your beliefs, although i am ok if your beliefs differ! Please everyone play the way they want too! Enjoy your game! I will be enjoying mine!

You may not like PVP and that is fine, but there are a lot of other reasons people do like PVP, and go PVP! It is not always to grief someone! (although some do)

Pks, most of the time have a motive, whether that be riches, personal issues, or to become infamous, Don't worry i am there to also be famous for hunting them down and gaining riches from thier corps's, and exacting revenge!

I dont hate Pks in general! I do hate Pks that pick on lower level people, rez kill, or talk a bunch of smack after they kill someone! Those are the reasons i hunt PKs and have picked PVP as my flag!

I have a lot of friends on here that are PKrs, we can go round and round, and still joke and still talk smack to each other (only). Then well go chill out somewhere, and complete a quest together, possibly help each other after our initial battle!

Some can be trusted and others cant, same go with us PVP! That just takes time to find out on individual counts, and not as a whole.

(not all PKs are that way, and not all PVP are that way)

So lets discuss reasons we pick the PVP Flag, and maybe help others understand truly why we as PVP like to be in PVP.

By no way is this post to get others to be PVP, that is a choice only you can make on your own! Its just information a lot may not understand, and might open peoples eyes to the real reasons we PVP! :)

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Umm why did we start this topic over again?

blaquerogue and Vyrin like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Got off topic! :) Thanks for bearing with me! :)

Abydos and Keira OFaolain like this.
  4. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

It got off topic with a lesson on economics 101

(c:

I PvP for the challenge and because I want to see the game do well!

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Right, it really got.
    I would PVP for economic reasons.

6. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Okies good enough for me :)

I PVP because it is a facet of the game, it is one I dont have much experience in. I do not like to limit myself to just one style of play and I enjoy learning and doing new things.

Abydos, Moonshadow and blaquerogue like this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I like pvp because its fun but doing it just for fun gets old after a while, I need the full rpg experience, this is only part of it.

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I come at if the reverse angle. It's not about why I would PvP it's about why I wouldn't PvP.

I PvP at first until I see certain factors:

Poor balance
    Crowd control is out of control
    My time is best spent attacking targets that are not a competitive level
    Repetitious
    Not relevant

Poor balance is wide open but what comes to mind first is cookie cutter. IE everyone is in full plate and using a pole arm. If you don't then you can't compete.

Crowd control is very very bad IMO This may be just me but standing there unable to control my character for X amount of time is not fun. The longer the loss of control the more likely I am out of PvP for good.

Time best spent could have it's own thread and end up 100 pages long fast. I don't want to spend my time hanging out in low challenge areas waiting for a challenge. I also have no interest in easy kills so if my profit is tied to me doing this, I am probably out of PvP.

Repetitive PvP is why I don't do FPS unless I am in with close friends. Battleground PvP is short lived. I can get about 5 or so matches in and I have had enough.

Not relevant is tied to repetitive in some ways because I want it to be a part of life in game. Repetitive can't be relevant because if you just won a battleground why are you doing it again so soon.

Drocis Fondorlatos likes this.
  9. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

I want to be respectful to the OP and keep this on topic. However, your same argument could be made for PvE encounters. At least battlegrounds aren't scripted and predictable. It's not the battleground you're fighting, it's the people in it.

10. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Ristra please stay on topic this isnt a debate between PVP and non PVP this is why DO YOU PVP

Abydos, Moonshadow and blaquerogue like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The topic is why I flag myself PvP.

My short answer is I flag PvP because that's what I want to do. IMO the perfect game is full open PvP. But I realize there is not perfect game and until this is true we have to account for the flaws.

If the topic was why I PvE that would have been on the list of why I don't play the game. There are a lot of MMO's out there and I don't play any of them. I stopped playing single player games. Real time strategy was the first to go, command and conquer was awesome and anything since has been on a fundamental level a carbon copy. RPGs went next with Baldur's Gate. Same thing, fundamentally all have been a copy ever since. (don't feel like listing all the different styles of RPG so leaving it with BG)

FPS come and go still because when they are new and played with close friends they are fun. The repetition causes me to play less and less with time until I move on to the next.

So why I PvP is simple, that's what I am going to do. Why I stop PvP become the answer to the question of why I flag for PvP. Why I PvE is a differnt topic so no need to bring it up.

blaquerogue likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

At this point i would like to bring your attention to the Forum rules......especially the highlighted yellow ones.....................................
    Act with Virtue:
    Treat others as you would want to be treated. We are all people united under the same banner, with similar hopes and many different opinions. Show respect for one another, disagree with grace, and offer opinions with humility. And sheath those swords… there are absolutely no personal attacks allowed.
    Speak with Virtue:
    We are a community with many voices, but remember to watch thy tongue when it comes to profanity, racism, religion, or derogatory attacks on other people and/or their ideas. Speak responsibly and post responsibly or ye will find thyself banned.
    Speak with Clarity and Truth:
    Keep your posts focused and on topic. No one enjoys reading walls of text and a discussion about ethical parables is not the place for a dissertation about your high-school years. Also, please keep the self-promotion of guilds, websites in the Town Hall section of the forums.
    Be not a Troll:
    Do not purposefully patronize others or make posts designed to instigate an argument. Our goal is to create a great community for a great game, not to pummel each other with virtual sticks and stones.
    Spam not thy Kingdom:
    Do not post unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or any other form of solicitation. Likewise, keep posts on topic and in the proper forums. Consistently strong-arming others into the same discussion, or repeatedly posting the same ideas/opinions in multiple threads/forums may also be considered spamming and should be avoided.
    Participate in thy Kingdom:
    Lord British wants to hear from you! We want Shroud of the Avatar to be a truly collaborative effort, so please share your ideas! Sometimes great ideas are born in the most innocuous comment or suggestion, so be sure to add your voice to the conversation.

13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It is fun and keeps you on your toes. Most of the PVP people just hang out talking to each other anyway heh.

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

so you really pour yourself into it?? sorry couldn't resist:p

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    *chuckles*

16. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Hehe Kindle sometimes thinks im saying something other then what I am. typo fixed :)

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

OK so back on topic! the question was Why do you flag your self PVP! It is an interesting topic to understand why people choose PVP.

This post is not about why you do not flag PVP!!!!!!! Its not what effects does it have on the economy!!! Or why you hate PVP !!!!

So please lets stay on topic! :)

Abydos, Moonshadow and Keira OFaolain like this.
  18. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack flags PvP because he is a manly man. Specifically speaking on this game, there is nothing to lose so why ever not!

19. smack

smack Avatar

I flag PvP because I want to have human trophies to decorate and craft...certain things with. :)

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I see what you did there hehe.

Edit:
    And if that works i totally need pikes infront of my prison.

blaquerogue, Keira OFaolain and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.