Forum Titles Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joviex, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

My big problem with saying "We're in heads-down mode, we have a really rigorous schedule" is that, well, exactly what you said... it's a really rigorous schedule. And it isn't going to let up between now and launch, or at the very least now and mid-beta. The week or so before a launch, sure, that's understandable, but it doesn't hold up for half or more of the life of the project.

Don't get me wrong, I adore you guys, I'm excited as all get-out about the game and everything you've accomplished in nothing short of a miraculous amount of time. But promises were made, and it's beginning to look like they won't be honored, and as this forum has seen over and over, that gets people antsy. The time required to honor it is pretty small overall, but it should be part of that rigorous schedule, not in addition to it, since it was promised to the backers.

BillRoy, Phredicon, Grayhawk and 4 others like this.
  2. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

So anyone who is interested in helping, PLEASE, PM FireLotus and let her know and be real about the help! It only benefits the entire community! =P

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Not forgotten so much as needs a process.

Right now FL has agreed to help promote the questions we generate, graciously offered to be gathered by Mitch, and see if we can get answers during the weekly roundup.

Most likely it will be 3 questions bubbled out of whatever choice system (voting? themes?) are decided, with some strong emphasis not to repeat knowledge already in the FAQs per se.

So it's not a "if I could" so much as a "here is what we'd like", over a specific period, with a general consensus from the community on importance.

I can say PVP was already "prefiltered" so waste your time or not, most likely those will not make the weekly cut.

Future reference the question thread (weekly) will go here:

https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/developer-depot.41/

5. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

no, we haven't forgotten. the problem with the reddit page is the fact that its off-site, and not promoted, and therefore gets zero traffic.

OSullivan and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I had this same thought a few hours earlier in a different thread! Great minds think alike. I agree with you.. :)

Mishri likes this.
  7. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

[​IMG]

I could not resist!

Gabriel Nightshadow and NirAntae like this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I was wondering about this myself...It seems most of the good info that has been given by devs etc was done prior to Oct...I haven't seen much since I've been on the forums like the ability to give input on art and such..Would be cool to see some posts from devs nowadays...

Grayhawk likes this.
  9. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

The titles as they were, were confusing for those newer to the forums and that number is on the increase.

As for information from developers, the next release is just around the corner which is MUCH more exciting and says everything!

10. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Kuno, absolutely agree; I do not want the Q&A thing that sprang out to cover over my OP.

I am grateful the Q&A thing took off, because the message here is about lack of information flow, and that is in some way covering a portion of it.

But you are absolutely correct: it does not repair the state of certain changes being conveyed. I totally get the "too busy" thing. That excuse can be used by anyone for all time. I've seen artists, designers, directors, executives, even myself, use it. No one wants to be "that" person, so everyone just keeps cranking along, head down, pounding the ground.

Which is a somewhat telling part to me here. I feel that part of the process sold to us was never fully bought into, because it would also be part of the "head down" mode and not something that is an inconvenience to the team to provide.

I am hoping it (Q&A) will be a beginning to show that even in head down mode, there are other, easy ways, to present information, at little cost to overall schedule time.

It could also eventually just boil down to me never shutting up about it. I am good at that, as are a few others here.

11. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I will say this though, we are the minority in here. Most people are satisfied with the weekly updates my dad and brother are both big pledges who really don't care until they see the weekly update, they aren't digging for more information. With the number of active forum posters on here we are a small group compared to total pledges wanting more. They sometimes ask me how things will work and about features but I doubt they'd bother browsing the forums much if they didn't have me.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

Well the Top 10 Questions for RG thread that I linked to seems to have been a hit, as Richard answered 50 questions earlier today :)

Let's see how quickly someone does a Top 10 for like Chris or Starr -- or better yet, Top 10s for combat, quests, companions, economy...you know, like the forum topics we can post under :)

Mozzarella, Mishri and Kuno Brauer like this.
  13. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Bramagola, vjek, Kuno Brauer and 4 others like this.
  14. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Back to the original topic.
    I for one am thoroughly pleased with the fact that the unwashed peasantry can no longer bear the noble titles which some of us (the few and fortunate) have rightfully earned.
    In the past it had caused myself and others quite a bit of consternation to witness such brazenness.

15. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Well, to be fair, the original topic I started was about a changing of how things are communicated, not the forum titles.

I think most agree they were confusing and just not needed, but the way in which they were removed without notice was the focus.

It is simply a pattern I have seen in other aspects of the project, and hope is continually iterated, on both sides, to clean up.

Bramagola, BillRoy and LoneStranger like this.
  16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I totally agree with you...and also nobody knows how important I am anymore.:oops:
    But atleast the commoners won't be thinking they have rights or an equal say in things!:mad:

17. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

The existing forum titles where very confusing glad to see them go, much rather a new title system or simply follow SC and just use the pledge level instead.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  18. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

In what way were they "confusing"?

Is it that you couldn't tell the true pecking order of the forum users?
    Is it that you didn't know who your peers were and who the lesser important people were?
    Is it that when someone put forth an idea you couldn't tell whether or not you should support it or not?
    Is it that you want to choose your "friends" based on their in-game wealth/status and not something as trivial as personality?

*Now if this small and insignificant thing was really as confusing as people claim, the "no quest log" thing is going to be a real miserable game-breaker, and not having quest markers...

19. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Actually it was confusing to the people who might be Citizen level pledgers but have a forum title of Adventurer due to post count. There have been many examples of people posting asking about why their title was different than their pledge level and what was the basis for it.

I don't think he meant it was confusing for people trying to label others as worthy or unworthy...

Deliverence likes this.
  20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

That can be/could have been corrected quickly, and really a Q&A or simply telling them shouldn't have been a problem. Maybe Portilatium made a mistake (they did...no maybe about it) in having the forum ranks match the in-game ranks. Oversight or poor planning?

(but I think others are concerned about this)
    I didn't single anyone out, this was just my take on the situation, the situation that many have voiced their opinion on...this is just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.