Forum Titles Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joviex, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

My dad had that issue, even after I explained to him that his New Adventurer title didn't reflect his actual Knight pledge, it was based on post counts/likes he still wanted to e-mail them to get his title corrected for the forums, he didn't think it was right that he pledged so much and his title showed him as being lowly.

I'd be for some amusing/fun forum titles that aren't linked/matched at all with the pledges.

Right now I'm drawing a blank/can't come up with funny things but..

ImaNewbie 0-10 trophy points
    Forum regular 11-20
    etc etc.
    Forum Master 150 points.

maybe someone more creative can come up with something good.

BillRoy likes this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I think we could take 3 from the Jedi on this one and include guardian, counselor, and sage.

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yes, confusing for all those reason, whatever the actual intent. of the person.

If you think the forum titles weren't a big deal, then wait until game launch when the arbitrary pledge titles are confused with actual progress in the game.

And yes, I am waiting to see how the "no quest log" thing ends up being received. Will it be patched in because people just can't handle playing without it? Will it be possible to bring an Ultima-ish game into the casual space while at the same time forcing people in a more old-school playstyle? Time will tell.

BillRoy likes this.
  4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

They have discussed different potential quest logs. But nothing like the standard, go here to talk to this person about this. For automatic entry I think I heard them discuss making it so important things people say get copied to a quest log, so you can reference that if you get stuck or don't remember what you need to do. Will those items disappear once they are no longer needed I don't know.

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Well, yea, I've heard a few different options too. The question remains; if there is no exclamation point on NPCs heads and a compass pointing toward them, will the typical MMOish player stick with it?

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Ahh yes, thats a bit of a different issue, if they aren't held by the hand will they reject it.

Tough to say. A lot of people like Dead Souls even though they die over and over and over again, because they know it's supposed to be challenging.

If they go into it knowing quests will be challenging they might be more accepting.

As I've said before, Those games began to require those things because they made the quests so meaningless. You can easily complete 50 quests in a day and gain 2 levels. If they make the quests challenging, not recorded, and very rewarding, you complete 2 quests today, you get 2 levels. I think people will accept it.

I'm hoping that is how it will be anyway, far fewer quests more challenging than collect/kill/craft x of these. Even some quests in WoW that stood out as entertaining and good to me still involved kill X of these. Like when you take control of a giant in WotLK, or throw boulders at things, or pilot a vehicle.. it's always still kill X of these.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I have an idea... lets all have the same exact title "COMRADE"!

BillRoy likes this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Only responses I could find regarding a journal were:

So more of a true journal than a categorized listing of quests that you've taken and completed.

BillRoy likes this.
  9. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

In a Perma-Death type of game people accept it just as they accept the "die and start over part", but that's a specific style of game-play and a certain type of superior gamer who understands that it's just a game and a game that ends just gives you a chance to start over and do better next time. It gives you a deeper and more impactfull experience.
    (Someone has mentioned Perma-Death as an option in Single Player Off-Line mode a few times here and it (even as an optional option) been thouroughly slammed by the majority of the forum community.)

But to have an immortal character (or Toon, if you prefer) who becomes "lost" in their questline and can't die and start over will be a sad gaming experience for those so afflicted.:(

10. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I love it, Comrade...but I don't think everyone wants to be our comrade...:oops:

3devious likes this.
  11. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I'm not your friend, guy.

Deliverence and BillRoy [ab] like this.
  12. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

What I want to do to anyone that prefers calling characters Toons.

[​IMG]

Charlie Murphy!

Lord Ao Soliwilos likes this.
  13. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

...Comrade?

Mishri likes this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Thanks for those quotes from lum. I didn't see those before, and that seemed to put to rest my concern that the game might be very difficult to keep track of. For me personally I don't think it would have been possible for me to finish Ultima 4 if I didn't have the clue book. Possibly Ultima 5 too because I remember using it to figure out the dungeon Doom because it got tricky figuring out how to get up and down and across that dungeon.

For sure I would have ended up at the end of Ultima 4 thinking SERIOUSLY after all this you have questions for me that I'm not ready for!?!?!? Without the clue book I would never have finished that game. So I'm glad to hear that SotA is going to give us the feeling we are on the right track, but I'm still leaving no stone unturned just because I know there could be questions later just for the heck of it. lol

15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

no choice in the matter if we are all the same. We are either all to be treated as equal in every way or we have no titles at all! :mad:

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

At least until the game starts, comrade...:(

But then The Revolution Starts!!:mad:

17. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

OnTopic
    How am I suppose to know if I am pwning this forum without a title? I can't just go by message count and likes alone :(

OffTopic
    With journal and such. Portalarium do need to include a few Easy and Win buttons for players, else they lose a good majority of them these days by not having them. However, we as decent and not so soft gamers do not need to click them.

Example, Luke Skywalker as Red 5 in A New Hope. Luke turned off his computer, he didn't use the easy/win button. We can do the same, all at the same time giving those gamers made of less, the ability to play the game their own way also.

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  18. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Can you use the force... No? then keep your computer turned on.

19. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Well, Isaiah, you have missed the point. But the point is there.

Isaiah and BillRoy [ab] like this.
  20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Brother-Captain-Comrade, do not worry about equality in the lands of New Britania...there will be none...but that shall right itself as history has proven, and will prove again.
    New Britania shall only cater to the wealthy by giving them shelter and luxuries that stronger men (and women) despise.
    If anything new is added or deleted it shall be done so at the behest of the upper-class, with no regard as to the "commoners", and due to this, this world will quickly become a Caligulian wasteland of privilege and corpulent corruption. And that shall be it's undoing.

Long Live the Revolution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.