Map of New Britannia

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Count Napoli, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think the other yellow crosses are ferry points and where they go? Just a guess

2. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I updated my map that I posted in the other thread for those interested it's also posted on the G+ community. It's in the original gimp xcf format so you can add more puzzle pieces as they are released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

tradyblix likes this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I see you got the translation done too. What does it say along the river? I can make our Fornus from the map reveal.

However, just one thing to fix:
    North Paladis

smack likes this.
  4. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

I'm not sure I understand.

5. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Can you provide a link? Thanks!

6. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Thanks for pointing out the error on North Paladis. I'm not even sure where I got that name from originally. I can't find it in the older sneak peaks. Maybe it was in one of the transcribed interviews with Tracy Hickman that Smack has posted? Anyhow, I'll make sure that is corrected in the next edition.

As for the new river name it is Fortus.

Jatvardur likes this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, it was a transcribing error on my part in this post. I thought I heard Palandris, but I guess he really said Paladris, which the map reveal now confirms.

8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Count Napoli likes this.
  9. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Thanks Link. I saw this before and really like the idea. I was thinking of possibly using it as the new base layer on my map, but the software I'm using is requiring me to assign coordinate data to it. It's not a difficult process, but not something I don't want to do each week as a new puzzle piece is revealed. I could have opted to not bother with coordinate data, but needed to for the future to add the following episodic map extensions.

10. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Well it's just a picture in gimp I'm sure you could find a easy top make another layer under the map for the coordinates or something. Anyways hopefully its helpful when I update it for me the file will automatically update on that same link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Hey I think you've improved it. You have to give us proper resolutions tho, this is crazy sauce :)

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

one red cross at the bodies of water on that map with little tick marks going to the other side of lake or river, and i remember RG talking about there will be boats that take you to one side or the other.( the map was updated since last i looked at it there are red crosses at bodies of water now

13. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

It'll be interesting to see how many of those costal town and villages will allow us to travel to future maps. The whole East side of the map doesn't even have any port towns.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

I live for this thread. I am loving the tone of the world so far, Pure RG/LB/Ultima. Even the new cities sound like they belong. With RG and TH behind this thing I'm stoked for some interesting takes on fantasy while keeping it true to Ultima

Jatvardur likes this.
  15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

People move, maps change. Would be super easy to add a Port Town to any hex along the coast in 10 months after release for preperation for the next release

16. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Sir Isycle no doubt, but if they add a port location in the East, it would be of village size so it might not provide all of the amenities one would need to travel beyond Novia. I wonder if travel to other continents is going to be a bit of a task.

17. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

One correction to the otherwise great map @Count Napoli posted - there is no "Lost Vale" (that was a planned location in an Ultima 8 expansion!) The "Hidden Vale", which is where Owl's Head and Kingsport are both located, is labelled correctly. :)

Lord Albert, Fireangel, smack and 2 others like this.
  18. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Ok, so neither Owl's Head nor Kingsport are on the land mass we are seeing... these places are on a map that is for Alpha that we have not seen, and it was only referanced by Hidden Vale this way... (NorthEast)

19. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Lum, thank you sir. You have just surpassed Richard G. as my favorite developer of all time, but I must say I'm totally confused now.

• The name Lost Vale came from the video showcasing Kingsport. We were told that the village of Kingsport was located on the Island of Lost Vale.
    • The new map being revealed in pieces has a ruinic lable pointing to an off map location called "Hidden Vale".
    Thanks for your input. Anymore clarification you can give is highly appreciated.

20. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Clarification (From IRC Discussion, I'm sure I'll be corrected if i'm wrong):

Hidden Vale is the isle that is spoke of, not "Lost Vale". (It was most likely a mis-speak). Hidden Vale contains Kingsport and Owl's Head, not the "Mainland" Island of Novia where the Map Pieces are being revealed on. Hidden Vale is the Island Northeast of Novia that R1-R4 of Alpha will be taking place on (Not "mainland" Novia). Technically everything we've seen in the videos to date is from Hidden Vale (weather or not it "looked" like it was on the main land or not...things change /grin). Well with exception of the Prototype where you saw the overhead map...

The Map (and concept drawings) is the only part of Novia we've actually seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.