So... mixed review on steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

I have spent enough time to know this statement is true, if you build something real cool, they will come to break it. it never fails, if I was a game maker, that would be one of my highest priorities. keeping the infrastructure safe, and keep malicious cheaters out. " Rules for Radicals." destroy from the inside out.

2. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Because constant development is not something that needs to be told or even sold to customers. Constant development can be expected by everyone that buys an unfinished product.

This "in between" is not good for publishers and us gamers. Before, a game was released and that was it. You liked it, or you didnt. The developers made it, or they screwed up. Today, developers can very well screw things up and then say "but ist work in progress" and not even feel bad about it. Because...hey, its work in progress, nobody told any release date...and mind you, how can you give your view on this while its not finished?!?

In my humble oppinion, we gamers, we people that got to work every day and pay those products from hard earned money...we can very well say if we like something or if we dont like something, may it be finished or not. Did we log into the game? yes! Did we like what we saw? (insert answer). An nobody needs to feel sorry because its work in progress.

Ice Queen and warxnox like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Ermm... other people's opinions matter just as much as ours. I would even go as far as to argue that an artist needs to take steps back to look at his work and realize that what he's been working on is awful.

The only thing we have is an understanding of what's been promised to come (regardless of whenever or not the promises are true). Our views aren't exactly free of biased opinions either.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    digriz, HairballHacker and Ice Queen like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It has been brought to my attention that this thread has numerous insulting comments aimed at the Steam community. Reminder we do not tolerate personal insults. I'm locking this thread while we clean things up.

HairballHacker, smack, NRaas and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.