Nurf Chain Lightning Part: 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

And what is his stun resistance at? If a highly attuned air caster can stun with very little failure rate, a high stun resistance should effectively mitigate all of it. If it's not, it's something that should be looked at.

If you resist the first set of CL stuns, you should have enough time to body slam that fool and not let him back up.

Who remembers when jobe came on the scene when air was at its peak and he dominated with stuns and slows using a polearm?

If they can't cast, they can't stun. One of the problems is air folks dump millions of xp into their builds and someone not min/maxing doesn't understand why their level 60 counter build isn't working.

Go big or go home my heavy armor, earth, shield and mace folks.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Chain Lighting DOES NOT hit the same target more than one time. The only way this could be happening is if there's some sort of bug or exploit allowing it to happen in PVP. I use Chain Lightning all the time in PVE. Lighting and Chain Lighting are both my main damage spells. When casted against a single target, it only procs damage once for 1 hit worth of damage. And when there's two enemies, it doesn't chain back and forth. It only hits your first target once and then chains to the other target once.

Thwip likes this.
  3. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Unless they've fixed it chain lightning does hit the same target multiple times.

Edit:I should say, it can hit the same target multiple times. It doesn't always do it.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Did you file the bug report on that?

5. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Well, I've never seen it happen in PVE combat, and I use it a lot. My chain lightning is currently at level 70 for reference. So it must be some sort of bug then.

6. Xail

Xail Avatar

I use chain lighting...

For PVE I know a guy that gets way better XP/minutes than me....not using air magic...

For PVP I don't know...probably is early to judge...in previous release an 4-5 stack obsidian arrow could damage over 400 hp...I don't remember seeing chain lighting doing that kind of damage...

Xi_ likes this.
  7. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

I counted exactly 517 ways to increase Strength, go Team STR!

Ackinma Zatochi and Oba Evesor like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Same thing in PvE. There are many situations for instance where you can expect an archer to have a lot of problems fighting. Balancing every situation perfectly for every possible skillset will just water down a lot of the game imo.

Not really a comment on chain lighting; I don't have enough experience with it.

9. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

i do. i thought ice arrow would have a movement speed debuff like indicated in the tool tip, though.

[edit] and i just realized how much of a newb i am in this game. i like. [/edit]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  10. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

you better have more than chain lightning if you go to pvp me

Thwip likes this.
  11. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Air is the best tree in the game, giving near-perma CC, high damage, a way to penetrate resistances, and blink.

That being said, there's no way PVP balance is even on their radar right now. PVP has no purpose in the game at this point and even though it's frustrating for PVPers (myself included), there are more important things that they need to focus on. Don't frustrate yourself in the meantime.

Athanil and Montaigne like this.
  12. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

It'd be nice if the acknowledged it. They've nerfed other trees/spells hard and fast.

13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Thing is perma stun..its even broken in pve. I think the mana cost is also too low last time I checked.

Couldin likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Not going to read all of this, just going to say what I have to say. If you have no air attunement, you going to take major damage from air, same goes for any school of magic. No it does not stun all the time, it very hard to stun lock since they fixed the bugged lightning bolt. Then there is diminishing returns, making it harder and harder to be stunned everytime you do get stunned, stacking up to 5 times for a 100% resistance to stun. There is also counters to being stunned. If you just get well grounded, stand your ground and bolster balance, you become impossible to stun from air. If you are healing and dieing from air with 500 hp just watching the tourney, I am going to assume you have absolutely no air attunement. I would get hit for about 30, when you would be hit from the same person for 180. Just got get some air skills and stuns resistance if you got a problem with it.

Chain lighting costs a TON of focus. It just might be the most expensive skill in the game, other then deck swap. Please, know your stuff before you go saying hit it with a nerf hammer.

Thwip, Snazz, Lord Baldrith and 2 others like this.
  15. Xail

Xail Avatar

I have to spend 32 focus for one chain lighting...do you really think it is a low cost? ....

I can barely PVE...I always have to wait for focus back after engaing a group of mobs because I have no mana left...and I'm very optimized....so I think other mages not even can do that...just can't PVE with pure mage and air tree...

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

What is the cost of lightning? Some releases ago the mana cost of cl was lower than lightning and discharge. I think thats low concerning what it does and you seem to have levelled it up so it needs to be compared to ur adv level and skill level.

do you wear cloth? I am playing pure mage and ofc I have to regen focus.. but I am doing ok.

17. Xail

Xail Avatar

It is no more the case...now CL costs (not at low levels) about 1/3 more of lightning...

...they can do u what they want...wanna nerf even more?....nobody will use chain lightning and I will level the other account and use this as a crafter...I'm sure people already have problem grinding with air due to mana issues....its damage is lower than other school of magic and the stun easy to counter for any half decent player.....

...just some non experienced player get owned from someone with air and start posting to nerf not knowing how things works....

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep they did make it cost more now.
    Level 80 CL 80 inner calm at 80 = 29, level 80 lighting inner calm at 80 = 22.

19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am just tired of hearing hit it with the nerf bat, when people dont even try and counter it, dont really know how its working, and dont know anything about it other than, it killed them.

Thwip and Lord Baldrith like this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Ok if they fix the perma stun issue and the bug that it can hit multiple times it should be fine.

21. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Ok if they fix the perma stun issue and the bug that it can hit multiple times it should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.