Nurf Chain Lightning Part: 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

First off; the multiple bounces will NEVER happen if there are ANY legal targets nearby for the CL to bounce to. Secondly, PERMA STUN IS NON EXISTENT NOW. I'm sorry, it just isn't. Put the measly 60k exp it takes to get most of the air tree to 40, and you will see that stun chance and damage drop significantly. I can farm that 60k exp in no time, and if you can't, then you just need to learn. I put points into fire, and I don't even use the damn skills, JUST SO I COULD HAVE RESISTANCES.

TL;DR- Air isn't OP. You guys just don't know how to counter anything.

Vesper Merchant, Oba Evesor and Thwip like this.
  2. Xail

Xail Avatar

I'm not able to perma stun anything.....please can u name one player who can?

Oba Evesor and Fizzlebang like this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I am fine. Its just bugs that need to be fixed. I am exploiting this as well just naming it what it is.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The whole thread is just like me saying, nerf swords because this guy did 200+ damage with one hit, while I wear cloth armor and have absolutely no skills for defense and do not wear a shield. But you do not hear me say, nerf melee or archers, in fact, I have been saying melee needs a buff, even though I am a mage and do not use weapons. I just counter them with shield skills and death shield, ice shield, defensive stance, acrobatics and the 2 earth innate skills. What I DID post about was the bugged lightning bolt when it was bugged, even though I was an air mage, the body slam bug even though I used it when I used my earth build, the shield charge even though I used a shield. I do not complain when someone kills me because they chose a better build, I just try and counter it.

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think the issue is with bugs here... op hasnt posted in a while but I guess he is ok with fixing them and see if it is in balance now.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I just read the first post, it was not about bugs but about how fast he dies so fast from it. Other then the multihits that are very rare, what bugs?

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The one that is maybe addressed by the current patch incr. the diminishing returns on stuns by lengthening the stun immunity. We will see how it works out.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You do not even need diminishing returns. I am going to tell you the stun rate of lit and CL with 132 air attune and both skills gmed, in fact, every skill in air was gmed. 70%. I was able to gm 3 other skills and have 67% stun resistance, in light armor. So I could have made that even higher if I used the hard headed from the heavy tree AND the masterworked heavy helm. I had the highest air mage test his stuns on me with my bolster balance up, no diminishing returns on and I was unstunable, and I still could have went with another 30%. So, and please listen, a whole tree gmed with one skill at 140, and I was still unstunable with 3 skills. I countered all that stun power with 3 skills, try reading the skill trees and level up some stun resistance. If you want to pvp, dont expect to level just damage skills and live. To be a good pvper requires about 3 times the exp because you have to level so many skills to counter other builds. You know how many skills I level up just to counter bows and physical damage? 7 skills I leveled to gm just to counter physical damage. Really need to stop saying NERF it, when there is nothing wrong with it, you just need to read some skills and counter it with the proper skills.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Chain lightning is FINE!
    Its already been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed. Its cost is exorbidantly high to use now. It will only "arc" to targets you are currently already engaged with or who are stood in melee range.
    If anything, it needs its cost reducing since both its stun effect and its AoE capabilities have been dramatically reduced.

10. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I said fix the bug that perma stun is possible. Diminishing returns are needed. If you level nothing in stun resistance it still shouldn't be possible to perma stun you. Levelling your resist should however be of advantage sure. They just need to put it in line with school like earth (cc nerfed recently) and water (slow down to 0 not possible).

It was clear air will get weaker, if you only levelled that YOU made the mistake - not others as it was clearly not working as intended a long time and is now more in line with other schools.
    You still can perma stun mobs that they hardly fight back.. I don't think that is what was intended and they are working on it - see latest patch notes I guess.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Do you even use air? You cant lock anything anymore. See anyone doing the ghost corp and locking it anymore? NO, because you cant lock stuff no more. Please, stop talking about things you really have no clue about.

Vesper Merchant, Thwip, Snazz and 2 others like this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ice field is WAY better right now. At 40 it is lasting 17 seconds, and always hits. Dont see you crying about it though.

13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I cannot advertise exploits here sry.
    Icefield and all slows are reduced by str of the target and sometimes don't even last 1 sec (will be fixed I guess).. Stop talking about things you know nothing about. TYVM.

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And by the way, I did not make the mistake of only leveling air. I had 72 gms last release, the air tree, the death tree, the earth tree except earth elemental. I also had gmed ice field and many ice skills at 80, and some fire skills at 80, and full sun tree at 80. I wanted to counter what people could do to me and I did.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I will put what you say to the test, and go ice field the corpion right now. Lets see if his str reduces the time it lasts. Nothing else i have used ice field on has been effected and it has been lasting 17 seconds, every time.

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

So you basically just outlevelled everyone and won that way and didn't have a reason to use ur skills against an equal opponent skillfully. Noted. ^^

As I said it will be fixed. Try it with Ice Arrow or Ice Fist.

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If all the nerfs that are called for on these forums were implemented, we should just remove combat from the game. Everybody gets the same stick and can autoattack stuff with it to get junk drops to sell for money to be able to buy decorations for our houses.

18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I see no one calling for melee nerf yet ^^ but there are ways to deal op dmg with it.

19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sorry but ice field still working over and over, for 17 seconds, even on the ghost corpion. Str is not getting him out of it. Root hardly works on him, it just a quik flash, but ice field works just fine. Dude, I was not the only level 104 person, and for all the hard work I put in, Ya I should be strong. As well, I was not able to "stun lock" the skeletons or the corpion. So once again, you are wrong. I just dont get it, you want to never be stunned, but dont want to level any stun resistance. You want exactly what keashiva said, everyone beating each other with sticks, and never being able to kill anyone else.

Ok I will try ice arrow this time, no way I am getting that close to the ghost corpion to use ice fist.

Thwip likes this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

You are implying I want that stuff. I don't want anything just to fix broken mechanics. Ill use whatever is working ^^ Just chill and try not to paint your strawmen on people... geez. As I said Ice field will probably be fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.