Nurf Chain Lightning Part: 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I have stun resistance through Earth Magic and Heavy Armor, and I still was effective one-shot killed alongside a group before the stun wore off.

If that isn't over-powered, then I don't know what is.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. Retro

Retro Avatar

The main problem is "Well Grounded" is under Air, Earth needs a 3rd level passive or maybe an active skill "Semiconductor" or maybe "Diamond Skin" etc. that provides air and slight stun resistance...problem solved?;)

My CL feels really weak after the patch, but I'm not going to complain about it...keeps the nerfs flowing Devs :)

Net likes this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

There's no way it one shot you unless you're very weak or they got an very lucky max damage 4x stacked chain lighting hit on you... which even then wouldn't kill you. My chain lighting is currently at level 64. It costs 24 focus to cast. At 4x stacked it does 45-109 fully buffed with 60 dexterity and 51 intelligence. With zero stacks it only does 28-68 damage. My Air Attunement is 70.

The latest nerf to Air was more than enough. The damage is not comparable to Earth anymore (Earth does more), focus cost is way higher than any other spell school, reagent cost is higher since the bolt spell also requires reagents unlike Earth's Obsidian Arrow, and the school requires dexterity to be effective which has no benefits at all to a pure mage unlike strength which gives you health and carry capacity. Not to mention there is no Earth resistance skill in the game, so Earth will always do full damage. There is an air resistance skill however. Also, any melee character can use Earth as it greatly benefits them. And Shield of Crystal is actually beneficial while Shield of Air just eats up all of your focus.... Sounds to me like Earth is more OP than Air.

I'm already considering switching to Earth main since you people can't stop trying to destroy my character that you clearly have no experience playing as. These forums are starting to sound like the Bungie Destiny forums. Sad.

Snazz, Lord Baldrith, Retro and 2 others like this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

My point is that is not the issue of Chain Lightning, but high levvel attunement/skill/int gear... combo. My Chain Lightning does 15-20 damage on average with rare crits in 40-50 range and before I kill anyone with it I run out of focus. Besides it does not stun 100% it is supposed to stun 40% but I see stuns really rarely. I use way too many reagents killing stuff, even elemental and spiders who drop less reagents than I use to kil lthem which is kind of sad.

My point is that CL is not OP, just the gap between starting avatar learning the spell and experienced avatar mastering it is way too big.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im bringing this back. I'd like to see confirmation that chain lightning is still being looked at.

I am adv lvl 72 with gm and near gm in every defense skill with 621 hp / 18.7 resist / 17 avoid:

On Wednesday a chain lightning mage walked into the middle of the virtue league, stopped and spammed chain lightning on me again to a 15 second death. This is now even after my Body Slam skill (81 skill) works now and I can hit and stun casters like this with it. I dont I had time for one to even pop up on my deck.

absolutely ridiculous.

Chain lightning needs to be balanced to give people a 50/50 shot, the battle should look more like this:

6. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Dont like being hit so hard? learn some air skills. The same as air mages have learnt all the skills in other tree's for defence and resists. how about take some heal over time spells so that if your stunned, you will still be alive and resistant to stun. stop Qqing that someone is better than you in the skills your have right now and actually go out and learn some others to help your situation.

You are not capped in 1 skill tree like every other game - you can be everything!
    hey why not take some AOE fire spells, so your damaging whilst stunned - open your minds!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Ackinma Zatochi and Nataurz like this.
  7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Pretty much. Your core 'oh ****' moves should not be part of the shuffle deck. Lock them. Knight's Grace, Body Slam. Although multiple cards laid out in many slots will make KG spammable too. Slam is low CD and better locked. You can get +20% stun to that glyph on Hvy chest too

If you PvP that much, worry less about GMing physical resists and work air for passive + attunement.

If the Mage is spamming, then he's not stacking. Likely one Chaos spell alone would make him commit harikari

Ackinma Zatochi likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its not the chain that is equating to every persons death, it is your lack of res to it equating to your death. Jack and I almost had to have a naked fight for it was hard to kill each other, due to having good air res. They already nerfed it 8%, recently.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

my best guess is that you have actually not done any real meaningful PvP in this game. Im sure you are an air mage by your blatant assumptions, attacks and rage... but still... nerf it.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I also forgot to mention this person is question won tier 2 league doing the same thing to 5 equally different built players..

Walk to the center... stop.. spam CL... opponent dead in 15 seconds.

Nerf it, nobody in game should have such an "easy button" in PvP against another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.