pvp vs not flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Raistlyn, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

That's not meant as an insult - Dwight is hysterical, he's just contrary. You're always contrary and I though it fit. You always have an opinion on PVP game mechanics but you refuse to flag. You always know what's best... it was meant to bring some levity to the conversation before it gets locked.

It wasn't meant as a slight. If you're really mad though, you could always flag and try to hunt me down in game. :)

MrBlight likes this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except the part i posted about players will KS and grief with no ways to prevent, and i feel that happens more and will happen more, then the small problem of someone going from blue to red, and running out instantly.
    ( pvpers should know when in a pve zone all players are a threat ) .
    But maybe a cooldown before unflagging? 10min minumum? Someyhing tht makes a jump and run more a pain in ass then its worth.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh snap. Just make the combat bar refreash when u hit ONWARD from going blue to red.
    Boom all advantage gone.

4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

See this is exactly why the Dwight connection is so funny - you don't PVP and what you're trying to do isn't making PVP better. lol - you just think it is! That's why it's funny!

E n v y likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

On one hand he frustrates me, on the other hand people like him force you put real backing behind posts.

That would solve the whole me mchanic ino

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's keep this on topic. As usual, I had to remove some posts for starting arguments and responding to another outside of the discussion. If you feel like you are rebutting someone and not their idea, then please don't post.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

+1 This should work perfectly... except when healing a flagged?

MrBlight and Duke Avery like this.
  8. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I would think it would work the exact same regardless of the action...

do an attack, buff, heal targetted on a flagged player > popup window > click onward > whatever you cast doesnt actually cast and your combat bar is reset

simple and effective solution

MrBlight and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Players KS and grief anyway. . every single time I play I will often have a group of non-flagged people come up and kill something I'm fighting with their arrows. . I don't see how normalizing the flagging process with some uniformity would cause any increase of KSing or griefing, maybe you see a perspective I don't though, so I welcome your thoughts.

MrBlight likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Even making the PvP flag stick for 1-3 hours RL would be a big deterrent.

11. Armar

Armar Avatar

Like others pointed out, depending on where you are, you can unflag under a couple of minutes. You also can just leave the scene, go to the overworld and run to the next town with an oracle office to unflag. Thats an very easy kill without ANY accountability and nearly no chance for the attacked/killed player to retaliate.

I get it, its not a bug its a feature... You cant be serious, really.. that one more game-mechanic i consider a total "dont ever go there".

"Meaningfull Consenquences"... Uhm right....

This basicly makes flagging solo nearly impossible, especially for a lower level player. Even extremely risky if you maxed out. Everyone and his brother can jump you any time while they, themselves are basicly not attackable.

This is a PvP killer, guys! And no extra nice pvp zone and extra exp will "make this right".

12. Armar

Armar Avatar

This must be taken out, it makes me bangin my head against a wall how the Devs can implement this in the first place. No cool-off can compensate this. Unless maybe they stay flagged for a real-life week.

On the one side they say they dont want any griefing and then introduce THIS. Finally someone can grief without any consequences. Thats surreal.....

chuck5086 and blaquerogue like this.
  13. Armar

Armar Avatar

Names please, will be my first entry into my KoS list for this game.

chuck5086 likes this.
  14. Armar

Armar Avatar

You dont allow it, period. You stay with the simple game mechanic that unflagged (PvP-) cant heal flagged (PvP+). They have to turn to PvP+ (via the oracle) before beeing able to heal a PvP+ character.

Numa, Fister Magee and blaquerogue like this.
  15. Armar

Armar Avatar

If they are flagged, sure you cant heal them. Your whole party has to either flag for PvP or everyone who is flagged in the party must unflag.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Armar

Armar Avatar

No, too complicated. Stay with simple game mechanics.

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. Armar

Armar Avatar

You want players to de-flag for grinding?

Which kind of silly question is this?!

18. Armar

Armar Avatar

So he can just hide and park his char somewhere, where he is hard to find or just run into his guildtown where you cant attack anyone because they are not flagged but everyone can attack you. => doesnt work. This is all too complicated.

19. chuck5086

chuck5086 Avatar

Even on UO, if you tried to heal a criminal or red, you would get flagged yourself. I'd say that's the only way a non pvper should be able to heal a pvper. Because in that moment they target the criminal, the game will say "this will also make you a criminal" turn your pvp on and you can heal. Then when you're done, go Reapply for protection. Which could take more or less time depending on moon faces or something like that. Just has to be a one side or the other kind of thing with TIME to switch back from one another. Like if you tried to apply while having a recent murder count, oracle will tell you you're tainted with sin, and must wait or something.

Numa likes this.
  20. Armar

Armar Avatar

With the big difference that no game mechanic would prevent me from retaliating any time i want. I would risk getting "red" myself but that never really did hold me back. UO had long lasting consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.