pvp vs not flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Raistlyn, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

+1

I said right from the start..listen to players but make your own game, of course players input is important but you cant please all and i think at times they have tried to do that a little to much.

I really do have strong belief that when all the base aspects are in the game they will flesh them all out with a lot of depth. It can be seen already with the depth of the combat system regarding glyphs/stacking/combo's/attunement, and crafting where i believe is planned where times/places add to effects. At the moment they are still getting the ingredients for the game all prepared, once they in the pot then lots flavour can be added and i think they have the mind-set to STILL make this game a master piece, but they have to give players the ability to make/shape/control/destroy the world as only then would it be entitled to claim its a sandbox.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

This release has been very motivating. Lets hope it continues down that road.

Thwip, MrBlight and Bow Vale like this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I agree that the extra exp should be removed as it does not make
    It right.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Unfortunately, SOTA has shown this will be a steampunk and not entirely medieval fantasy. I knew from attending a VIP event steampunk was coming but I did not know it was coming so soon. Makes me sad the eventually traditional swords and bows will be discarded for electric swords and electric guns.

Numa likes this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well little steampunk makes it so much more UO2... ok for me ;)

E n v y, Manerd and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

One of the reasons firearms had to coexist with swords & armor in military history was because gunpowder & the old firing mechanisms could be fickle and unreliable. If Port can balance the steampunk weapons' power by making them unreliable under certain conditions then we can have the best of all worlds. Sword & Sorcery in a virtual world that is gradually entering the Age of Steam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source : http://mowrerart.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-dread-capitan-steampunk-pistol-for.html

7. Armar

Armar Avatar

Steampunk is already in via Tesla-Towers, robo pets/bankers etc. Its just the weapons missing so far.

I personally dont mind but i can understand people who like to have a strictly medieval, fantasy style game. Which is what people expect from the Ultima line of games.

Numa likes this.
  8. Armar

Armar Avatar

I have the same impression here. Would had been better to lock the team up somewhere in the woods/desert and dont let them out before at least close to beta.

You know Shadowfall? I really liked the game (minus the lag) and exactly this idea but Shadowbane also failed mostly because of it. With the costs of housing alone destroyable housing is not possible and i am pretty sure will never be viable in this game. Because of this, "Crowfall", which is basicly a successor of "ShadowBane", splits the world between dynamic, waring zones or worlds with different rulesets (like soft to hardcore PvP, partial to full loot) and a housing zone. The housing zone is a safe-zone, your buildings/castles/wizards towers cant be destroyed.

Man, i love sieges with siege weapons and epic clan/guild battles but it could be only done in a very basic way in SotA. Even if, then at some time far away in the future....

// Armar

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Grrr.... clockpunk, not steampunk.

And clockwork automata in some form or another is actually a common element in medieval fantasy, whether you're talking about ancient Greek myths of living statues like Talos, TES Dwemer contraptions, Dragonlance's tinker gnomes, clockwork smurf, Ultima VII Serpent Isle etc... even Exodus was half-machine / half-daemon, and now we have the Oracle. It's usually in a form that combines the machine with magic... though its usually rare or limited, and not so much guns and stuff like that. I guess we'll wait and see how its developed.

And honestly, people are complaining about the clockpunk, but the stuff like snowmen family decorations and pumpkinheads bothers me much more.,.

10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Should I lock this thread? Looks like it's gone off topic...

11. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I think you guys had it figured out with "Refresh the combat bar when insta-flagging" if any change is even needed.

Most people are flagged because they want to be attacked, and enjoy the fact that every player is a threat, blue or red.

Fister Magee, Womby and Net like this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Refresh combat bar sounds like a workable solution, would still prefer if was not even possible for non flagged to attack PvP however

Armar likes this.
  13. chuck5086

chuck5086 Avatar

I'm flagged now, and I have to say I enjoy the risk lol real felucca feel to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.