The PVP system needs more.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by fizual, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

never say never ; PVE Lockpicking would be about as boring as it was in UO, it has to be PVP.

Numa likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Example: I am always poor have problems to refill my reagencies sometimes.
    Now i go for making some gold, what i find is not easy for me and only possible in serpent spine foothills.
    I nowhere else have a plus after looting some Mobs, because of reagencies costs. And no I don't want to pickup a weapon, i play as a full mage.
    If i have 2000 gold and need to refill reagencies for about 1000 and you can instant steal it from me you made my day.
    I log in for 2 hours, try to accomplish some gold and for your fun mine was taken away completely.

Thank you - try to see the other side and don't fight for your unilateral opinion.

And yes, I am maybe a noob and maybe play not effective or didn't get this or that, but is this the point where you can set you on top and decide if i am able to have fun or not playing the game like I want and i am able to?

3. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I was once poor too, then I found this wonderful skill called Pickpocketing. You check for PVP events, such as EVL's Tournaments on Wednesday nights, or other PVP gatherings. Let me tell ya, making 70K in just a few minutes from an AFKer, or someone in the stands watching said tournaments will get you addicted really fast. Just a shame they had to move it out of a PVP town :( I do feel a little bad about that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Insatiable. Greedy. And obviously don't care for others to have fun or even less botherd

5. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

but... but... RP.
    on a side note, is Drachental a PVP POT? :p

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No it isn't :p

Yes I am fine with RP and PvP and pickpockets IF it is consensual!!!!

There are players who never want compete whatever
    There are some who want it from time to time and can get over it to loose smth.
    (I hope I can achieve this status sometime, but not sure and how long it takes)
    And there are players who want it allways.

Consens is, we want this game a success , this means we need a stable and bigger playerbase and this means Portalarium has to find a compromise for everything to players who want the thrill never, sometimes and allways .

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ah and because of RP...

I am the Seer of Drachental, i am very neutral and please don't tell it to others , i think over to go for more subterfuge skills and use my established role as a trustworthy seer to become a thief who maybe no one ever expects that the seer is it who steal from the others.
    But i decide not to do so, because i am a snowflake :D

8. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

hear! hear!

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

You should change your name and roleplay someone who is very trustworthy to the EVL people for example.
    Man did you never do metagaming and be a real thief ? ^^
    The best thief is someone who is known for trust and honour and never be expected to be a thief and never be suspicious ;)

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Lockpicking is impossible to make PvP unless you allow players to transform into chests (or other lockable objects)

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Don't get it by language , can you explain please?

12. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

In the sense of Lock Picking for PVP, The use would be for unlocking player houses for other nefarious PVP reasons.

13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Player vs player. A chest is not a player. Even if it is owned by a player the 2nd player is not required for lock picking.

Unless the act involves 2 or more people in a competition it can't be PvP.

Now if we could set alarm systems on the lockable objects and insta port to the burglar with a squad of guards...

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I think lockpicking should only available in PvP towns , pot or npc, they announced a npc PvP town, didn't they?

15. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I like to think of myself as a Pick Pocket ( maybe one day as a Cat Burglar if Pick Locks works out). Getting caught is inevitable when you have a Nearby Players box.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is no action a player can take to defend the lock picking. It's not PvP. Doesn't matter if a player owns it.

If the owner is logged off while you are picking the locks and stealing the it might as well be an NPC you are stealing from. There is no player vs player interaction

17. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

No, not directly. But it would be targeting a PLAYERS owned House Door/Chest inside said house. Im trying to advocate for more then just having that skill used in a PVE scenerio, like a chest in a dungeon, or, a door in a dungeon. If you can pick a dungeon Gate, you should be able to still pick the same type of gate, even if its a played owned front door. Same should go for a wooden chest.

18. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

@Berek the above discussions have nothing to do w/ the OP topic.. what is the point of engaging into discussion on the forums if the thread is to be hijacked into off topic oblivion w/ impunity?

19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Maybe lock picking is only working if the owner of a house and chest is online and around in the same scene!
    Then lockpickers can go for any Pot which has people online and search the homes. Just find the one who's owner is online and in the PoT.
    If he need to go to crafting station or Bank or smth. similar they can try to open the doors.
    The process of unlocking should take time , maybe some minutes and players should have the possibility to craft alarm system for their house which gives you a hint and possibility to attack the thief.

Kinkara likes this.
  20. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

yes, traps and remove trap would be good skills too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.