Will be there an incentive system for PVP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xail, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

It is a necessity for the success of the game.

What is the official position of the SotA management?

At the moment there is not one incentive system....

Narf, Abydos, blaquerogue and 2 others like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I disagree. It may be necessity for success of the PvP, but that is only one facet of the whole game.

3. Xail

Xail Avatar

Net if you think that SotA management don't want the success of PVP think again

Abydos and blaquerogue like this.
  4. Xail

Xail Avatar

If I'm wrong and the official SotA management position is that there will not be an incentive system for please post official source.

I would like to know from when it will be implemented and what it will looks like.

5. Xail

Xail Avatar

I will always amazed by the rhetoric of some posters...saying something like "...but is only one facet of the whole game"...yes also pve is one facet of the whole game...also housing is one facet of the whole game...yes also crafting os one facet of the whole game....etc etc ...so what?

...you are saying that the success of each facet of the whole game is not a necessity for the success of the entire game....amazing critical thinking...

Abydos, blaquerogue and mikeaw1101 like this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I have heard that the Devs were considering that resources gathered in a scene would be lootable by pvpers (at least in pvp zones). As far as a more general reward system, I don't think it has been addressed yet. I agree there needs to be one and that Port most likely plans to implement one. I'm just not sure they've gotten to a point that it's fleshed out enough to share with everyone. Until then, I guess the reward is being able to battle other PvPers where ever you want without retaliation by town guards? :)

Atogrim, Logain and Net like this.
  7. Xail

Xail Avatar

Net look up....on the right...you see? there is written "PVP"...it means in this kind of thread generally post people that what the success of PVP, that take care of..

Abydos and blaquerogue like this.
  8. Xail

Xail Avatar

Thank You Selene...your first sentence is comforting...

9. Selene

Selene Avatar

There's so many things that still need to be put in the game.. PvP, agriculture, fishing, weather effects, crafting skills, etc etc etc. I know it is hard to wait, but I'm sure the only reason PvP hasn't been shown more love is because they're still perfecting the combat system. Once that's done, it'll be easier to address PvP instead of having to go back and redo a ton of things later as combat evolves.

Logain and Katrina Bekers like this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

I am not saying that PvP is not important, but if you think that this game cannot be played without PvP think again. Even if there is no incentive to PvP, and I very much doubt they will not add quite a few, the game will be still highly enjoyable for many.

You are right you discuss PvP, but if you look in the "Game features" forum, yo uwill see that there is much more to the game than PvP.

Gaelis, Logain, steanne and 1 other person like this.
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think you will end up seeing loads of features that will encourage/enhance PvP ranging from increase resources within certain areas to dynamic guild war battles with looting.

The key is to actually get the combat system working to a level that will interest the masses and putting lots of choice back into the template builds. If combat was to continue down the same road as the 'bubble' build in R17 then it won't matter what is done to encourage PvP; most simply won't be interested.

I have faith that it will go in the right direction.

Atogrim, KuBaTRiZeS, Logain and 3 others like this.
  12. Xail

Xail Avatar

Thank you all.
    I (and probably a lot of others players that love PVP and that do not consider it at the bottom of the other facet of the game but with the same dignity and importance) just sometimes need a little bit, just a little bit of feedback and hope...this game has the potential to becoming huge :)

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

In a nut shell, they need to stop trying to build a combat system for Tammelites and start building it for those who would normally reside in Felluca.

blaquerogue, Abydos and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Selene

Selene Avatar

I would hope they build a combat system that works for everyone.

Gaelis, Logain, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I don't think open PvP has much in the incentive area. The only thing so far is the loot change that @SeleneNoctua pointed out.

PvP scenes will have incentive built into the scene. We have not been given much detail though.

Dueling has nothing but could get a system that allows putting up something as a trophy for the winner. (item/gold)
    Guild wars, same as dueling.

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Since there has been talk about PvP sieges of PvP towns then I certainly hope some of that will prove to be an incentive to some.

Let's see I will just bring five more things they have said then I'd advice you to check out the two vids on PvP in the YouTube Portalarium Austin channel.

Contraband only for PvP players. Which one can get from one quest and need to deliver across the world within x time. While at the same time notifying that and giving quests to intercept.

PvP guild warfare. They even discussed taking territory. (But not owning it, so not taking actual lots but rather 'protection' or somesuch.

PvP killing contracts.

PvP only quest lines.

And very many more mentions.
    However most of these are unknown when exactly they will be implemented. If they will be there at live launch.

Atogrim, Moonshadow and Logain like this.
  17. Curt

Curt Avatar

My own suggestion has been a flag pole you can place on your lot where the flag goes up if you do well and down if you do badly
    No real benefit but all about pride especially if your flag is highest in your town.

18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

PVPers make easily 50% of this Community. If they don't provide proper PVP from the start, this game will be a dust-bowl in a few month after release.

19. TantX

TantX Avatar

It's definitely not nearly that much. I'd be surprised if it was more than 10%, honestly. The combat is too atrocious to attract more backers as it is, much less PvPers. Now, assuming they get combat sorted in the next few releases, maybe, but it can't be better than what it is currently - it has to be great. We'll have so many other games coming out in the next year to PvP in that serious MMO PvPers won't take a second glance at this game.

As sucky as it is to say it, I wouldn't hold your breath for a robust PvP community in terms of game competition. The small incentives - like the looting/ransoming talk they mentioned a few months ago - might be cool, but it'd have to be pretty inherent in whatever system they implement. If it's some, "Go into this instance off in the corner of the map away from everyone to kill each other," well, there are better arena fighters out there for that sort of reward. Perhaps the town/guild wars will offer some long-term motivation for gathering PvPers and keeping them, but last I heard it was just in brainstorming stages and early implementation - who knows how deep it'll be? Fingers crossed, though.

20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Assume you were right, and it makes SOTA already doomed to fail....SOTA I felt was intended for people to get the virtual world feeling back. In the end it could become a Minigame Compilation without meaningful player interaction (e.g.: PVP)
    I agree Sota is nothing for the Realm vs Realm crowd, but as a powergamer that never appealed to me anyways, because it ended up in zerging in the end. 1vs1 and small scale is where SOTA needs to shine. Guild vs Guild small scale is also nice.
    UO PVP had its moments, and I think a lot of PVP enthusiasts want that back.

Murdock, blaquerogue and Abydos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.