Will be there an incentive system for PVP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xail, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

If someone post on a crafting forum to get incentive for crafting, or in a PVE thread to have better incentive to kill monsters you will not see PVPers go there and play the victim...do you realize how much is out of place your attitude?

blaquerogue and Atogrim like this.
  2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

For me, Sandbox + RPG = FREEDOM.

Freedom = PvP all the way BB !! Oh Yeah !! :D

It is my humble opinion, no more ....

blaquerogue likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Since the Devs have talked about having an entire experience level just for PvP in the past, I think they are aware that you need to get loot, xp, and rewards from PvP. It hasn't manifested yet, but there is a lot of the base combat system that is being worked on.

Abydos and Dewderonomy like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The problem comes when people feel the incentive is too strong that they must go after the incentive.

Then it turns into punishment for not engaging in PvP instead of incentive to engage in PvP.

Yes, it's on a personal level and lands in the need vs want department. But that really doesn't matter.

Beno Ledoux, Heradite and Brandon3 like this.
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

isn't it to early to speak of too much strong incentives when we still have none?

blaquerogue and Brandon3 like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Well this is my last post here since some are so CLOSED minded . . . I never said PvP was bad, I enjoy it once in a while, BUT PvP in itself is the reward - Fighting against someone who can THINK!!!

I once posted an option to give all you PvP types exactly, all you could ask for - a Town with Open PvP, Some resources - Just like anywhere else - FULL LOOT - Banks - Vendors - Etc. and was told this is NOT what you want!!!!

You want a way to draw sheep to your Wolf Den (PERIOD) those are why you want MORE incentives - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and if for some reason it does you will see a MASS EXODUS of players. THIS IS A FACT.

Go PvP, enjoy a good fight - do NOT try and twist this by saying "Take away PvE incentives and see who complains - NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A VALID ARGUMENT.

This is a Single Player game with Multi Player Options.......

Stop trying to make ist something more than what it is - If you truly ENJOY PvP the fight in it self is the only incentive you need!

I will not even look at this thread any more - go enjoy the game - test stuff out - recommend changes that are viable. TTFN

Heradite, Xandra7 and Duke Andaluz like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Abydos likes this.
  8. TantX

TantX Avatar

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Incentives for PVP is always an interesting topic. I think the underlying question that goes with it is 'what is the real game?" Is the game about engaging in PVP, or is the game about earning more incentives? Or both? My general hope for games is that PVP ought to be fun enough, in its own right, that additional incentives are not required. If incentives are required, is PVP fun in its own right? My hope is that PVP is made fun to simply be fun, and then incentives are something considered on top of that. That said, modern MMO gaming has become quite about 'rewards' for players in so many forms, so it seems perfectly logical that PVP would have its rewards too. Looking forward to hearing more about PVP game design in SOTA in the future for sure.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Come back! I agree with this totally. It is what I was getting at above as well. If PVP - the opportunity to play against creative, clever, thinking people - is not fun by itself, it fails. Incentives, if they exist, should be icing on the cake. Game development need to be cautious to not confuse 'rewards' for the 'fun'. Rewards can be fun. But golly, there has to be some fun getting to that first, else it is work and not a game. That said, if a game can be fun, and then be made more fun by giving rewards, perhaps all the better. We just need to hope that a 'trophy' culture doesnt get the best of us to the point where it is only about the trophy. Journey not destination.

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Yes, IMO, it is too early. But that is a difference of what we currently have and what is planned.

People being able to switch to SPO while in a Shardfall to gain access to the PvP incentive current release and not the plan. The alternative is to for mulitplayer while in a Shardfall and put the resources in other zones, at a smaller abundance.

If forcing mode changes isn't coded yet then that isn't possible.

12. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Some one attacked and killed me yesterday while I was gathering Ore at the Grumvald Shardfall. .coming back to get revenge was a pretty good incentive for me. .

13. Xail

Xail Avatar

I got almost banned for having done PVP in Vengeance...and not during events...but after they have ended...actually we have a disincentive system...

So now not even Vengeance a good place to do PVP....where should I go to find some pvp action?

blaquerogue, Ariella and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Huh? Srsly?
    What happened?

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would say that the kind of PvP that you look for is similar to many people that I know who will not move onto the game until launch. RP PvPers may enjoy rule based systems and areas........most of the players I know prefer the freedom of PvP without absurd player made rules.

blaquerogue, Ariella and Moonshadow like this.
  16. Xail

Xail Avatar

Probably it is my fault to try to force this game to being like UO...it just is not at the moment...and it is not clear if the management what it to be...

Dewderonomy likes this.
  17. Xail

Xail Avatar

Envy ...unfortunately you are right..

Atogrim...I send 3 mail looking to understand what, when and towards who I acted in a non correct way because sincerely I'm not aware of that...only really vague responses...if I knew what I did at least I had a chance to conform to what is supposed to be the right way...I will just not PVP in Vengeance just to be sure to not be banned...

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mhm. Pvp, pretty hot and tricky topic atm as it seems.

19. Xail

Xail Avatar

If you kill someone tagged for PVP he will be upset...is it not strange?

If someone come to me and kill me I thank God that finally after 4 hours of void I will have some PVP action...

blaquerogue, Brandon3 and Moonshadow like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, it is, because it was never intended to be. Had it, I wouldn't be here.
    The management has a clear intent on what they wish it to be. Their vision seems not to align with your desires and expectations. Sorry.

Logain, Gaelis and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.