Will be there an incentive system for PVP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xail, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

I'm realizing....I was in love with SotA because in it I saw the evolution of UO...it was promoted that way...but it goes in the opposite direction...

blaquerogue, Brandon3 and Ariella like this.
  2. Xail

Xail Avatar

You see the trailer :"...go where there is no path and leave a trail...." ....you can not do that...there is a severe path everywhere you go...and if you try to use your freedom to take initiatives the trail that you risk to leave is to be banned....

blaquerogue likes this.
  3. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Xail..... I and most other pvpers feel your pain.

Abydos, Atogrim, blaquerogue and 2 others like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree, PvP zones should not be watered down. We already have consensual PvP, no more rules should be in place in any pvp zone unless enforced by players themselves. If there are external problems that are not pvp but more of game mechanics then that should be bug reported and the devs can handle or not handle them at that point. Exploits will be fixed, and until they are they will be used in pvp because its so competitive, and that is the nature of pvp, to use all resources at your disposal.

Abydos, Atogrim, blaquerogue and 4 others like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    There will be more incentives in the future, I know it looks bleak right now. There will be body parts and corpse trophies. Some looting and possibly full loot in some zones like abydos's town. Hopefully we can heads on pikes and cannibalism too! Many of us understand your position.

Atogrim, blaquerogue, Xail and 2 others like this.
  6. Xail

Xail Avatar

You give me some hope...

7. TantX

TantX Avatar

There's a lot of talk about vision, yet they specifically went to Felucca-only freeshards to promote the game. They gave a lot of us false expectations. It ain't just you who thinks there's no real distinct direction for this game.

mikeaw1101 and blaquerogue like this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I vehemently disagree. I see Shroud of the Avatar very much as the evolution of UO. It was touted as the Spiritual Successor of the Ultima Series, including UO. If your assumption was that the spiritual successor must include PvP as existed in Ultima Online, then that is your own preconception coming back to bite you. If you would like documentation of what many of the developers actually thought of UO, the unintended consequences of their design decision, and the deleterious affects they had on they game, I have some I can provide.

Beno Ledoux likes this.
  9. Borg

Borg Avatar

I always thought the main purpose for this multi-scene world was precisely allowing different rule sets for specific scenes. I think that is a brilliant idea because it allows different play stiles to be part of the same game. That said , if they don't create PVP incentives, then PVP is going nowhere. I would love to see something similar to UO-T2Age champ spawns in PVP zones.

What Vengeance is doing in his town maybe is good for some people, I would never call that a PVP zone, but a consensual duel zone with some applause at the end, and a final "good fight" sentence from audience.........Btw how come Ice Fist dealing 150+ damage??? insane tbh.... poor mortals, have to see how some players act like gods in PVP.

Also I will never understand why people not interested in PVP is always posting their opinion in PVP threads. Honestly we are just asking to enhance game features, where is the problem?
    Maybe you find killing cows fun, but for me, killing cows is BORING to death.......

10. Xail

Xail Avatar

Idea to incentivate PVP:

1:Shardfall and open PVP zone: it should not be possible to play there in SPO mode
    2:put also a dungeon with PVP resource in there...and the dungeon of course like an open PVP zone...
    3:put the ability to have some kind of loot...any kind...even just the skulls (if you do that please allow me to craft a sword with skulls of people with the option of seeing to who that skulls belongs...that will be nuts....it it gives +10% to death magic even better...and to not make PVE players cry do it also possible with non players skulls...)
    4:put a consumable artefact to get in a open pvp zone once a week...the guild that is able to get it will have something like +5% to healing spells in PVP and +5% damage in PVP for a week...

This just some ideas thrown there from a non gamer with no experience....of course I'm sure there are way better ideas ...but someone has to think about them....and a better gamer with more experience than me hopefully...

If someone has ideas please post them...

Atogrim and blaquerogue like this.
  11. Xail

Xail Avatar

Here the kicker: How to create huge PVP/thievery action without having people starting crying...

Make the artefact active only when it is in the inventory and make it lootable and possible to steal...and make a pop that advice every guild when the artefact is active and which guild has it...

blaquerogue and Net like this.
  12. Xail

Xail Avatar

...the artefact if you want to cut short on implementation instead of respawn once a week in a dungeon in a open PVP zone can also be just won in a mass PVP event...

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Thats a really boring game when you happen to like PVP! You dont get anything worth the damage done to your armor or weapons to PVP in the first place!

Abydos likes this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

those are single player games PVP is not expected there.

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok so i have to agree with the poster up there somewhere, If you are PVE and you kill off monsters and get nothing for it, is it worth killing in the first place, we all know that when you kill a monster or something in the game you get some gold some armor and maybe a weapon if your lucky (good for those PVE that want to sell stuff and fill their big houses with goods and deco) If a crafter kills a wolf he gets leather to craft with (again incentive) if a woodworker wants wood he chops trees to get it (another incentive) miners get ore etc... and it goes on forever all that is incentive for PVE! Nothing is for PVP, i barely will get anything from the person i killed (as it stands) not an incentive, i get no trophy's nothing. So i ask you PVE out there if you could not get all those resources would you still go out there and fight those things or hunt those monsters down, argue as you may but you would not, it would be pretty boring (welcome to PVP how it is now and proposed later) There is not one person out there that would just go kill monsters for nothing! Im sure someone will come up with an argument to that but honestly there is nothing to argue! No incentives for PVP, then there will be no reason to do it. Now we are just playing the same old rpg game (as mentioned above) only difference is you and your buds can play together. Lame!

Abydos, Ariella, mikeaw1101 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jaws2

Jaws2 Avatar

At some point, everyone needs to be PK'd...

Risk vs Reward.

It doesn't take long to find the perfect way to farm a specific area(s), how to level from 38 to 39 fastest, where to go for this or that, ect. People will find the most efficient way to accomplish their goal and execute it as best they can. I believe that was a quote from RG. The down side to this for the hard core PvE crew is that without often infusions of new content, you are going to get bored. The only random element that you can throw at this is PvP. Fighting creates allies, enemies, friends, politics, war, geography, history, good, and evil. All created by the players themselves.

Penalties should be high, extremely high, but killing an innocent should be allowed. There should be absolutely no way to escape the penalty mechanic though. Creating other characters or other accounts would not help. Unable to sell or trade PvP looted items. Murder counts for "blue healers". No bank. The penalty needs to be super stiff, may be even perma death at some point.

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I never thought that would happen but i agree with most of the "pks" in this topic.
    Most if us are more than happy that RG hates the hand-holding-stuff.
    I see no reason why that shouldnt be the same for pvp.

Ariella and Scorpio-LakeSuperior like this.
  18. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Avatar

that looks lame haha

19. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Avatar

With all the PVP going on inside these forums.... why even put it in the game :D lets just wear big flower capes and hold hands as we collect vain items and gold pieces

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  20. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

I've been saying it all along - this game is shaping up to be a virtual cosplay simulator (VCS). Obviously the direction it's going... Anybody hoping for a surprise 180 degree shift might as well just bail now... And let alone PvP shortcomings, they're not even taking our criticisms about combat itself seriously (so far? pfeh). Riddle me this batman! How can there be good PvP, if the whole combat system eats a big one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.