PVP Numbers drop leaps and bounds since lower M/EXP Gains

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Yakamo LLTS, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Unfortunately we have all come to the conclusion that PVP fell off quite hard when the 25% Nerf was introduced. During that short period in which it was Active, PVP was up by Leaps and Bounds. The amount of people in red was comforting and also had my heart on edge.

Time warp to Current day
    ---------------------------------

I Play a lot, possibly 6-9 hours each day and I remember that wonderful PVP feeling. Each day after that 25% patch, waking up to PVP. Then, the game had more life. The idea was introduced more potential. We were all having so much fun, that we didn't even realize, what if we lost it. What's gonna happen then?

Well, lets just say the 25% PVP wouldn't be the final fix, but it sure as hell promoted PVP and numbers. There was reason to log in and actively look for combat. Many high up elites only have that to do each day. Show off their skills to another player and stick it to them.

Multiplayer should always be with consequences and benefits. You already have a oracle system and thieving system that complements each other. I believe your prior step towards promoting PVP was in the right direction.

Maybe we can give it another go? Test it again.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Is it possible that the pvp population went down because of known bug exploits and sync issues?

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I also had friends leave the game because of that, so while pvp might have went up, did the overall numbers go up?

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That is a good point too, as well the nerf to cp's, many factors could be, even holidays could be a factor.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No he is right the 25% converted alot of people to pvp. My town was flooded with pvp people and we were often visited by thieves its all gone now. With that said 25% was a bit much, blood bay will fix some of this but we need good pulls to pvp stuff.

R36 was my favorite release for many reasons. Lots of pvp cool cps etc, we need cool stuff to ballance those needed nerfs. Cps were beyond broken and 25% punished pure pvers by being excessive.

MrBlight, Alexander and Pikegirl like this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

That's the reason i have un-flagged this release.

7. Drocis the Devious

There's no doubt that the bonus initially added more people to the game that were flagged for pvp. But there's a lot reason to doubt that the only thing that made that number go down was the lowering of the percentage.

The long term solution to a robust pvp community is NOT giving away XP at a larger rate. It's creating a balance between risks and reward throughout the entire game.

8. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

My whole point is that It was before then for sure. Ive been counting up the months
    You do this a-lot baron. In put other ideas just to make the thread your own.

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

There were a few people who quit the pvp thing because of the stun lock pick pocket, imop that should be ballanced but there is no doubt in my mind xp going from 25% to 10% has driven down the pvp pull.

Ill state again the 25% was not the proper way to drive pvp up but it worked like a champ.

Numa likes this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

There's also the matter of the multi bonus that exist now without the PVP flag... all the newbs and sheep that were flagged just for the bonus don't need the flag anymore for a 10% bump in grind XP. Not as big of a bonus - but it's still a bonus, and without the flag...

MrBlight likes this.
  11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

The 25% "bonus" was one of the deciding factors into why I rarely log on any more. As a non-pvper I found the pvp incentive quite insulting. They can coerce players into choosing multiplayer and pvp if they wish but I, for one, will not be playing nor supporting a game like that. That's not the game I backed.

golruul, Dariog, Scanphor and 5 others like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Actually all you are seeing is people figured out that the 25% was just not worth the grief and aggravation associated with PvP.

The developers really need to get out there and send out emails to each and every player (not forums) and see what players want.

Once that is done then you can place weight (or not) on to efforts to make PvP viable.

Until this is done basic game development and completion need to become the main priority.

Nothing you will do to Entice (lure sheep to wolves / incentivize / bolster / reward / at phrasing you chose ) players to flag PvP is going to work. It is a simple fact player do not want the aggravation associated, also being called a coward does not help.

golruul, x_Selene_x, Stundorn and 4 others like this.
  13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Sadly, at this point, that is entirely feasible.

Alexander and Weins201 like this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Id be happy if they just put in some real play time they would see alot of this stuff.

Much of this is pretty obvious if you spend time in the game.

Koldar likes this.
  15. mass

mass Avatar

These have got to be a factor. I'd bet @Duke Avery was almost as responsible for the PVP increase as the %bonus :)

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Blood Bay is supposed to be the beginning of some real fixes for PvP. Let's see what it brings.

Kinkara and Govenor Ruin like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

On some levels I lean towards this as an answer too.

However, that's not exactly fair to say considering all of the other factors involved in the last release. There's no way to know for sure with so many variables. But I think we can say that the reward bonus wasn't enough for people THIS release. Unfortunately that neither proves our assumptions or the OP's correct. It leaves doubt between reality and what are guts are telling us.

Once they produce a less bug riddled, non-holiday, release, we'll see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Saxon, GraveDncer and Weins201 like this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

Prediction: Until there are NPC guards it's going to be a place that people kill things at, not a place where people actually build a community at.

Dariog and Numa like this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

You could very well be right Baron. At any rate, I've decided to go see for myself when Blood Bay drops. I'll let you know what my (own) skeleton count is after :)

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Actually agree, that is why I asked for an Email pol they need to get direct feedback from ALL players not just these forums as these forums are basically dead in comparison to number of player actually out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.