PVP Numbers drop leaps and bounds since lower M/EXP Gains

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Yakamo LLTS, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't see the problem. What's it hurting for me to wander (not PvP'ing) around stocking my vendors and selling armor to both PvP and PvE players?

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I buy only from players, so i can understand that, I also go into PVE when with other PVE so no one gets flagged for healing, but to have a set up where PVE can attack a PVP whenever they want then run out of scene is BS! PVE should have to go to a Oracle flag PVP like all of us! Why should they get the jump on us when we are fighting with somone else? I wouldnt mind if that person was flagged pvp all the time like i was. then i would know that person is PVP and there is a chance he/she could jump in. That person should have to stay flagged for a certain amount of time like an hour or so. That way i can get revenge. Problem is that PVE will not Meet PVP half way, if we get they want without the risk involved to get it. (thats the problem i have with the PVP/PVE issue)

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If they make it so only a person flagged pvp can get something, some PVE will flag PVP get ganked and come back and cry about it. I have no sympathy for someone that jumps in randomly not prepared carrying stuff they shouldve banked etc...

Kinkara likes this.
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

Anyone not flagged PVP who suddenly attacks a PVP player is not PVE. They are PVP disguised as PVE. Don't blame PVE players for the antics of PVP players.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I had no idea this could happen. Certainly something that would be exploited. No bueno!

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

re: PvE players suddenly able to attack PvP flagged players - there should be a few seconds delay similar to the resurrection timer bar. This way the PvP player has some warning that these particular PvE players have started their shift to PvP mode.

blaquerogue and Spoon like this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Perhaps they could start pooping their pants similar to teleporting. Bright lights shooting out, charging up, going Super Sayan?

Spoon and Numa like this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Blah.
    Always such extremeism one way or another on these forums.

Ill argue theres no PVP pure players in sota. Its not designed that way. At one time or another your flicking it off to go to town, or the big factor you all seem to neglect, switching modes.

PVE jumping on a PvP is less of a problem then stated. If your flagged you SHOULD be wary of all players. I jump into PvP from PvE as well as have people jump on me. Its part of the fun of being flagged.

If your fighting 1 guy and his party member decides to flag on the spot, its your own fault for being unprepared. Not only that, it actually takes a couple seconds to do, so really its a matter of
    A - when your flagged and a player runs up to you weapon drawn, be ready.
    And B - Be aware not to fight out numbered.

Saw a post about pve and pvp never working in a game, yet i think of Dark Age of Camalot. Shaiya, lineage. I mean comeon.

Reality is dont flag unless you wanna fight. And pvp needs some goal orientated combat, not just to rely on the unsatisfying terrible ransom reward/ joy of killing each other for nothing.
    Its fun, but i can do that on any game. And even bad pvp games have leaderboards or rankings to strive to SOMETHING.

Right now i flag just to break the boring grind that is PVE. I flag when running with guildies just to add some excitement. If its not for you then no bother, but i LIKE the fact thst it alienates me from rest of group. If they are scared to flag then they shouldnt be able to assist me in anyway.
    Way i see it if your in a situation where your with flagged people, and your not, its because your just aiming to farm mobs anyways. Your group could easily unflag to do a PvE run. If the group was intended to be a real PvP group, you woulsnt be in it. So i have 0 sympathy for that divide, as it just proby means they are after that 10% bonuse that your essentially using not for its intended purpose. ( which is to appeal the guys who WANT to fight each other, and to cut the massive loss for doing so slightly ) .

I just rambled in barons other post about why they wont have fair pvp in Sota.. and imo a fun addition they could make to appease that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Although i agree to your post and understand this quote, I don't like it. Sounds narzissistic , sorry
    But I see the problem of a group with partly flagged people getting involved in a fight and the unflagged want to help their flagged gruopmates.
    Unsure if the group shouldn't decide if they go PvP together or if it's an Individual choice.
    Maybe the group leader is decisive.

I totally agree that if you are flagged you have to be prepared always and everywhere, nevertheless if you at home, have guards etc...
    @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos , but of course these environments should give you a reasonable chance to protect you, but never up to 100%
    100% safe = unflagged

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

The ability for un flagged people to help their group mates is already there.
    If your unflagged and your groupy is flagged, and you decide spur of thr moment to help them, you most certinly can. You can either heal them, or attack the enemy. The complaint seems to be that if you CHOOSE TO DO SO, your now flagged as well.
    Why should you get to stay unflagged yet assist a flagged member?
    Not narcissistic at all, pvp simply isnt for some of my guildies. We had 8 people in Dr other day. I flagged on a pvper. Killed em. He came back. Killed me. Guildy jumed in after i died. Killed him. Guy came back with friend. 3rd member of mine jumped into heal us . Then a seperate new pvper joinee in. So a 4th guildy jumpedx in to even it out.
    Now 4 of us flagged. 4 who simply enjoyed the show.
    Wouldnt be very fair if 3rd one of mine coulda stood there healing without also becoming a target no?

Imo your group should figure out its stance before hand. In mo way should non flagged people be able to help in pvp.

And heh i also run with people who know full well im going to jump into pvp given chance. Thats what keeps me amused. This quite often means guildies laugh as i die, but thats my choice lol.

I dont even understand why pvp pot towns is a thing, let alone why they would associate guards n such when theres bans in play aswell.
    Pvp is spread enough as it is. 350 POTs with oddball being flagged instead of making a fun arena based or one of the shardfall instances relevent baffles me.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Of cause everybody who intervene in PvP , buff, heal, attack while not flagged need to be flagged instantly!
    But question was should it be possible that PvE attack PvP without any prep possibility for the PvP ?!
    I think no.
    They PvE should can do attack a PvP flagged player, for example the situation with the group with one flagged PvP involved in a fight and his groupies who are unflagged , but switching should take time and be visible. Maybe like swap decks or teleport. 30s is maybe too much.
    10 sec maybe, less experience what would be a good time for switching into PvP while PvE .

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Still want to point out that no one has given me a single good reason why I should be PvPing.

Koldar likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there is none for the time being. When all the fighting gets balanced out which it is not right now. then PVP will be fixed, and there will be more reasons to do it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Give me good reasons why i should decorate a house?
    Amusement. (the whole reason of doing anything in a game)
    You either enjoy the competition or you don't. Thats really what it comes down too.

Other players are the hardest mob you will ever have to face. IMO everything up to that point is just practice, and PVP is end game.
    Whether you want to wait till theres more to it or not is up to you, but thats pretty much it.

Numa, Spoon and blaquerogue like this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

that is probably the best answer, although when i played UO being PVP was not end game i started in PVP and i ended in PVP. So it was the whole game to me special quests and stories were there but they bore me, id rather be fighting. For me PVP is not as fun as it could be in this game.

MrBlight likes this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

...and also how else can you make an ornament out of your adversaries?
    :D
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Skull_Candle
    [​IMG]

Vladamir Begemot and Duke Avery like this.
  17. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Conan knows only one God... Crom.

Nature of Crom
    ...He dwells on a great mountain. What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune! He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Except no house decorator posts on the forum about why we can't seem to get house decoration participation up. :)

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, now if I could /toast with a skull mug, that would interest me.

Spoon likes this.
  20. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I haven't un-flagged for PVP since August. I hate lvling through PVE combat. I wish I could GAIN EXP from stealing. I consider myself PURE PVP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.