PVP Numbers drop leaps and bounds since lower M/EXP Gains

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Yakamo LLTS, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Honest question.
    How is it going to be any dif then the othrr 50 pvp zones?

Net and Numa like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

It's a very good question. The only way for me to find out is to try it and keep trying every new feature that the devs introduce . This way the devs get feedback from lower level players as well. Hopefully Blood Bay adds something really new.

The presence of a "virtuous side of town" smells to me as the beginning of the faction mechanic. If I can interest the paladin guild that I joined in participating then it should be a blast - people sometimes forget that PvP is supposed to be a very social activity.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=67258#BloodBay

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im hopeful but i dont see much that stands out that itll be much dif then any other pvp zone.
    I just hope * virtuous side of town * means more then * town defenders in sieges *..
    I had hopes up for sieges.. and they were just small little zone with basic mobs with bad mechanics. And then a handful of useless npc * good guys* lol.

Hopefully this lives up to the hype or i fear the game will take another hit like it did this release.

Net and Numa like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Consumption: they give a +25% xp bonus to people who are going to play PvP as endgame content and help them to achieve higher skills faster while at the same time they lure some "sheep's" who want to level faster to the slaughter.
    Then they split up 10% for lowbies to use MP and additional 10% for PvP .
    More People stay away from PvP BEFORE desync issues and the "hardcore" pvpers go further in skill development, while still get 20%xp bonus.
    The PvP itself didn't change at all!!!

Great for people who maybe want to PvP once they have achieved higher skill levels and resources for PvP (gold for ransom and easy replaceable equip)
    What's - unfortunately is now more far away because of still 10/20% "less" XP if you won't being the sheep!

I really want you all have 200 in your combat skills and play.
    I'm coming later if i reached the 200 , but don't wait I guess most of the people who already achieved that will already left the game after a grinding burnout :D when i'm coming in.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is my reason as well.......... once they fix their buggy game, then I'll reflag.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

From what little I've heard, it does sound like Portalarium is committed to making Blood Bay a unique experience.

I'm very happy about that for the game at large. But I question the timing. We don't have NPC guards, and I keep saying this but until we do we're not likely to see meaningful pvp. (I'm going to explain this in detail in another thread because I don't want the point to get lost)

Numa likes this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's OUR buggy game, but yeah I hear you.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

As things stand, the developers nor the majority of this forum community have the stomach or tolerance to allow PvP to become anything of any appeal to traditional PvPers. Until that changes PvP will never be successful within SotA; there are simply far far far better games to play for good PvP.........frustratingly enough SotA was supposed to be a "spiritual successor" to one of those games.

EDDYCORP and MrBlight like this.
  9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This too, this release is pretty buggy.

10. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

Hopefully houses and resources in the same scene.

Numa likes this.
  11. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

There are virtue and chaos shield for sale in the add on store. I look forward to it.

Numa and Stundorn like this.
  12. Gix

Gix Avatar

Right.... and it has nothing to do with the fact that SotA's PvP has no retention quality.

13. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

The PvP component in any RPG MMO usually fluctuates the most. People that PVP are more critical of all the game mechanics.
    A PvPer is deriving satisfaction from competition and the risk that is associated with it.
    A small change can have a large swing in this satisfaction. Even a change in the emote of a spell/skill can make the difference in a PvP fight.

The next level of critical players are the hard-core raiders.

The casual player, PVE only player, Roleplayer, are the mainstay and most reliable player retention component.

This comment is obviously very general and not really contributing to this specific discussion.
    My main point is that we should not be too concerned about the fluctuation of PVP players, right now.
    There is a lot of competition for RPG MMOs but even more in the area of PVP games.
    Time will tell, if the PVP can retain an acceptable minimum number of players. (post release)

That being said, it is the PVP player discussions of game mechanics, skills, tactics, etc. that helps keep PvP alive.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Noooo control points should not just be for pvp. Too bad you never joined any of our groups. As I've mentioned before it was not all about the gold which there was little to get, sometimes I did not even loot the chests or anything. I have no GMs at all even though I play quite a bit. What I got out of control points was fun with others, we joke around, learn how to play our characters, and get to contribute to the group by helping each other and the hours just flew by. If that hurts others, there was no plan for this. It is people finding something to do in an underdeveloped game. Time will rectify this issue with more development and content coming in. We sometimes lose our patience and forget this and advocate for killing some foundations of the game to have the I must have it now attitude. Not saying you are doing this, but I am like everyone sometimes I lose my patience and forget where I am, which is actually in a not yet developed game. ;)

Mac2 and Numa like this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

I think it went up in the first place because people were testing the new system....and most powerlevelers checking whether or not PvP helped them level faster. I really think most people decided to see whether they can get more xp with flag or see if they have enough PvPers to engage with and it was temporarily spike in population we see almost every releasee with some important changes. I am pretty sure numbers would go down even if there was 25% bonus still instead of 20% one.

Numa likes this.
  16. Net

Net Avatar

I really wonder how this is supposed to work. What if someone not so virtuous gets house in the virtuous part of the town? What if they get invited to their virtuous guildmate living there?

And who will live there when no one lives in Brave Coast (the PvP PRT).

Numa and Fister Magee like this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You know you always talk of luring sheep to wolves! all the time! But if you flag PVP you have consented! By choice! so no one lured you anywhere! you just wanted something that you could only get in pvp. Face it there is no luring sheep to wolves! People went there with the purpose to get what they cannot in PVE. Id like to see you argue that! No one ever made anyone flag!! I wish the PVEs would get over that and understand the real reasons they got slaughtered or grieved.
    NO ONE IN THIS GAME HAS FORCED ANYONE TO GO INTO PVP AND GET SLAUGHTERED! THOSE PVE THAT FLAGGED WERE GREEDY AND BROUGHT IT UPON THEMSELVES! They have only themselves to blame for being sheep! Some people just are not ready to go into PVP. So on a nicer note my advice to those that WANT to flag PVP train to survive it, it doesnt happen overnight! Thats my civic duty im tired of being blamed for someone elses mistakes! Dont flag if your not ready to and can accept loss, there is no participation awards here!

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I read lots of PvP threads, even though I have never flagged. Seems like a giant hassle being ganked when I'm shopping or setting up my vendor.

Perhaps someone could explain why I would do it in SotA when I could just play BF1 if I wanted to fight players?

Womby and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  19. mass

mass Avatar

If you guys do one, don't rush it. Go through several drafts. Beta test the survey with a small group and refine it based on those results and the tester feedback. Survey instruments are great for data collection, but they need to be carefully crafted and tested or you end up getting more questions than answers.

Womby, Berek, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Ive wanted this from the start. Control points with bonus's/resources to be gained by controlling them by players in one of a specific number of factions, either an even number of factions relative to control points or slightly less, meaning all can attempt to hold their own mostly( where they get even more of a bonus to whatever it is in there home CP) and all can fight over the other 2-4, which would give bonus's/resources as well but not to the same degree as their home CP, still worth fighting over and controlling, but if you had to choose you would rather control your home ground.

My idea allows a normal unflagged player to show an affiliation to a group of players(faction), where they are not able to be attacked by this factions members and can travel through freely any cp's they own. For the majority this would be the one closest to home, allowing them access to most of the map still. Say a person located in Dracenfels might choose to be affiliated with ' The Drakens' whose home CP is Vaubans pass. A bonus of a type can also be given to these unflagged players, not to the same degree as the pvp faction ones but still a bonus which will encourage them to support their fighters in their affiliated homelands. Maybe they can sign up as a Militia member, get even more of a bonus to their normal received ones from their faction controlling the CP but if the CP gets taken they are automatically flagged for PvP until that is retaken, then they can choose to still stay part of the militia gaining bonus resources above that of an unflagged player or go back to just being an unflagged player but still with an affiliation to faction.

If a unflagged players factions cp is taken then yes they will have issues getting to and fro and this will encourage the faction and even the normally unflagged players to join forces for a time becoming part of the militia until their home cp is returned to the faction.

Lots of ideas can be done with CP's, they are perfect for fighting over, with the world split up by them. This would give PvP a meaning and i would think it should be quite easy to keep control of a CP or at least regain it when you have the full weight of the militia players for that faction added to the foot soldiers when it is taken.

Edit:

Some ideas of Bonus's which i think need to be significant i think but these just numbers and throwing out ideas.

For holding own CP

Faction PvP members :
    +12 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 100)
    +20 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +30% resource gathering amount
    +30% Combat XP

Militia Members:
    +6 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 94)
    +10 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +20% resource gathering amount
    +20% Combat XP

unflagged affiliated players:
    +3 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 91)
    +5 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +10% resource gathering amount
    +10% Combat XP

If the CP is lost then all bonuses are lost till retaken

Taking other CP's

Faction PvP members :
    +6 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 106 with also holding own CP)
    +10 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +15% resource gathering amount
    +15% combat XP

Militia Members:
    +3 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 97 with also holding own CP)
    +5 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +10% resource gathering amount
    +10% combat XP

unflagged affiliated players:
    +1 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 92, if holding own CP)
    +2 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +5% resource gathering amount
    +5% combat XP

Elfenwahn, Numa, mass and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.